What do you think of Veil of Night?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
    GilbyTheFat I just read the part in Veil of Night about the Mutasharid (Nosferatu). Some Kindred (probably ones with True Faith) can survive the Keening and even live in Mecca.

My friend is Muslim, which is why she wants to play an Ashirra. Like I said, she’s new to gaming, so she wants to start with a character who’s at least somewhat similar to who she really is.
    Hopefully she has a good experience with it

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
      [USER="25611"]My friend is Muslim, which is why she wants to play an Ashirra. Like I said, she’s new to gaming, so she wants to start with a character who’s at least somewhat similar to who she really is.
      May be, she could be an errant Taifa (Gangrel) exploring the northern lands or looking for someone, maybe her sire. The fact that she is a muslim does not compel that her interestings are all muslim related.

Comment

GilbyTheFat thanks 😊

Justycar thank you. A Taifa might work. I’ll mention that to her.

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

Comment

Originally posted by Justycar View Post
          In my opinion, The Veil of Night is the best supplement for Dark ages, by far. Introducing a new by Night, a new sect with a new view of the curse and new perspectives of the existing clans that are very interesting concepts. I have played the Damascus chronicle as storyteller, the fall of the Prince, the rise of the Baali and the fight for the faith of the city were very interesting hooks. But also, I found a Ravnos family with I could work comfortably, an apocalyptic cult of the Gehenna (christian mainly), who does not have nothing in common with gypsies or criminals in any way.

I enjoyed very much the books that introduced new ways of play, The Veil of Night, like Victorian Age Vampire, have the feeling of a different game even in the same universe we are playing. And, furthermore, is not hard to tie with the European setting. The muslims were not uncommon in the Mediterranean countries. Fortunately, most of the ideas of The Veil of Night were developed later in El Cairo by Night for the Masquerade setting.

I have admiration for both Suleiman and Phillipe Boulle, developers of this books. And the last, author of the Victorian age trilogy, in my opinion, the best novels of Vampire masquerade, that I have read.

Completely agree on admiring the works of CA Suleiman and Phillipe Boulle.

- Saga

Comment

Veil of Night is excellent yes, though I think a lot of the illustrations are somewhat sub-par.

But even better is Cairo by Night, which was also written by CA Suleiman, and updates some elements from Veil of Night. I'd suggest getting both, if you wanna involve the Ashirra in a modern-day chronicle.

Comment

I read Cairo by Night! I really liked it, even though my interpretation of the Maiden of Plagues as a child abandoned when her Sire was destroyed by the Midnight Sun is somewhat unorthodox. Thanks 😊.

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

Comment

Working...
              X