Crazy and Mundane Headcanons for V5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Val_Nir View Post

- The Eldest is not pink goo under NY but Tzimisce Fleshcrafting Network.
    Please elaborate more on this. I am eager to hear...

Comment

• With the Anarchs taken by the settites, and the Camarilla being more religious, The new sectarian conflict is a case of Democrats Vs Republicans (but you can't really vote so you use violence sometimes) In keeping with the metaphore, third parties are a joke that shouldn't be taken seriously.

It's far... zzzzzzzzzz.... more exciting.... zzzzzzzz and more relevant to the entire world zzzzzzzzzz....

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
        With the Anarchs taken by the settites, and the Camarilla being more religious, The new sectarian conflict is a case of Democrats Vs Republicans (but you can't really vote so you use violence sometimes) In keeping with the metaphore, third parties are a joke that shouldn't be taken seriously.

It's far... zzzzzzzzzz.... more exciting.... zzzzzzzz and more relevant to the entire world zzzzzzzzzz....
        You're banned from this thread now. Seriously. You were doing so well too.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
          Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption headcanon

+ Aneska is actually Changeling Kinian and possessed sidhe blood in her veins. This is why she has such an intoxicating enormous effect on every single human she seemed to meet. Indeed, it was why she sought the cloth as all human beings became enamoured of her quickly.

Alternatively, Aneska was an unknowing Vlaszy Revenant and had Presence 3 that she used unconsciously on Christof and others.

+ The Vukodlak was the childe of Shaagra of Prague and thus was a 6th generation Methuselah. Despite his deranged and vaunted claims of being able to defeat the Antediluvians and living among the Second City, he was actually "only" several centuries old and depended on his sire for much of his power. Much of his power depended on his Koldunism and outright Infernalism where he served the will of Kupala.

+ The Vukodlak was actually a Danislav Revenant in life (?) and this is why his name means "Werewolf" as he was Shadow Lord Kinfolk. This is partially why he was so skilled at Spirit Thaumaturgy and had a almost pathological devotion to "evil" and "corrupting purity." Shaagra was bemused by his actions and the one who arranged for the curse that put him into torpor for almost a thousand years.
          Funny that you would mention that. Just this week i have started toying with Redemption's background and making my own take of it. Undecided on the matter of Vukodlak x Shaagra yet, but i agree on the pre-deluge origins being just self-agrandizing hyperbole from his descendants & followers.

But one conceit that has really stuck in my mind based on his proclivities in the game is Vukodlak being a major follower and leading figure of the Road of Sin. What lead to a funny twist of sorts in that the kind of people supposed to become vrykolakas/vukodlak/etc in folklore, the sacrilegious, excommunicated and all-around sinful, made prime candidates for Via Peccati and recruitment in the cult.

His cult/brood - that among its unique bag of tricks has a discipline combo that lets their Zulo form adopt animal characteristics (most commonly wolf), or making animals ghouls in pseudo-zulo beings - is at least also partly responsible for the mixing of the concepts of vampire & werewolf in the folklore of the the south slavic people/countries that happened through the centuries, among other shenanigans. Shadow Lords & remaining Garou tribes in other parts of Eastern Europe were more successful in stamping out this kind of tomfoolery.

In my alt-canon, his infamous open proposal/speech about diablerizing the Eldest for the sake of the kindred survival as a whole, that would make him anathema to many in his clan, along with the supposed "curse of the Voivodes", were in truth the results of a huge sequential drop in his morality to near zero, one that he and his followers are utterly in denial about, thanks to his high Presence & Dominate.

In fact, in my idiosyncratic take of the events of the game, it was the discovery of pure, innocent Anezka that would throw a monkeywrench in his routine, as he would spend centuries more interested in her corruption than actually awakening - a pursuit of morality and corruption that would incidentally lead him back into actual recovery of his (inhuman) morality, instead of mere rote repetition of past philosophical acomplishments.
          Last edited by Baaldam; 07-31-2020, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• The site of the original Succubus Club, in Chicago, has been turned into a 24/7 gym. (This idea was inspired by the fate of the Limelight Club, itself located in a former church, which has also become a gym). This allow Portia, and any Toreador in her circle, to select fit and handsome people while also preening before a lot of mirror. The mirrors also serve to keep out the Lesombra riffraff.

Comment

• Tiamat was once one of the many kindred through the ages to hold Baali leadership and the title of Shaitan in her many millenia of time-lost atrocities.
              She has also been an associate, lover or rival - if not all three - of her also clanmate and sometimes blood god Mithras.
              In fact the Ambers are not Mithras' childer - how could they, have been embraced in one of his torpor periods - but hers.

The Gangrel Lucian in Gary is far more than he lets on, being actually the Antediluvian of the same name under the guise of "mere" minor methuselah through a combination of Obfuscate & Thaumaturgy.
              Last edited by Baaldam; 07-31-2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• "Revenant families" are named thus because their members have an exceptionally high chance of returning after dying. Many are Embraced as vampires (duh), many linger as ghosts, and many become Risen; partly because of their utterly horrible lives leading to many, many, MANY emotional problems, but mostly because they already carry the taint of undeath from birth.

The Antediluvians all seek to transcend in some form. Some physically (Lasombra, The Eldest, Ennoia for example), some spiritually (Saulot, Cappadocius, Sutekh), some we don't yet know how.

The Second Generation doesn't exist. The First Vampire created the Antediluvians directly. They're meant to find a way to transcend vampirism, as their creator has grown tired of his/her undead state but doesn't want to commit suicide.

Comment

• Originally posted by False Epiphany View Post
                  On that tangent, some more CofD ideas stolen for WoD:

Marcus Vitel is one of my favorite NPCs, but his bio felt like he spent 2,000 years twiddling his thumbs until he got to be prince of D.C. There's a ton of possible history in his unlife to fill in. One chapter: Requiem for Rome floats the idea that amidst the endless succession of 3rd century emperors who bribed the Praetorian Guard to kill the current emperor and make them the new emperor, there's a vampire who simply ghouls the Praetorian Guard and declares himself emperor. Guess who? Marcus Vitel. This is the same vampire who wants to start a nuclear war to kill the Antediluvians, so "ridiculously over the top" is his MO.

Vitel naturally believed his rule wouldn't go unopposed, but he figured the methuselahs in Rome's Eternal Senate were tired of the caesars dying practically the day they seized the throne, and would appreciate a more stable immortal emperor who was still "young" (Vitel was ~200) and inexperienced enough for them to manipulate. Only, after sweet-talking the Eternal Senate, Vitel neglected to mention he had no plans on being anyone's pawn. Power went to his head and he tried to play the various methuselahs against one another before they finally tired of his games, decided Vitel as emperor wasn't working out, and united to depose him. He barely fled with his unlife, but swore that ultimate power would again be his.

Also, that he'd get to call himself "emperor" again some night too...

Actually, among other things the books do tell us this:
                  Lucius Aelius Sejanus arose from the banks of the Tiber and disappeared from the history of Kindred and kine. He made his way north into the forests of Germany, but the powerful German rune casters drove him away. He continued on to Britain Isles and spent a number of centuries there, advising chieftains on how to breach Roman defenses and helping warlords dispose of their rivals. Following the fall of the Roman Empire, he went into seclusion, studying the mystic arts and eventually learning some of the secrets of Thaumaturgy.
                  So, definitely not just twiddling his thumbs and possibly duked it out with Mithras or some of his major childer in the early medieval era among other possible shenanigans.

Comment

• Younger vampires and/or those with high generation need more blood to survive. The older you are, or more powerful your blood is, the less often you need to drink from mortals.

This is a major reasons vampires didn't depopulate entire tribes many thousands of years ago: They just don't need as much, as frequently. That doesn't mean a single Elder couldn't drain a family, or a small village, all by herself—she wouldn't need to to SURVIVE, but maybe she needs fuel for her powers, to heal after a difficult battle, or has many ghouls to feed... and, well, blood tastes really, really good. Gluttony is a sin vampires understand quite well.

And yes, this is one of the points why Thinbloods are dangerous: Since they need to feed more often, they're prone to being found out, and possibly leading Hunters right to their sires' doorsteps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Konigheim Horror View Post
                      Younger vampires and/or those with high generation need more blood to survive. The older you are, or more powerful your blood is, the less often you need to drink from mortals.

This is a major reasons vampires didn't depopulate entire tribes many thousands of years ago: They just don't need as much, as frequently. That doesn't mean a single Elder couldn't drain a family, or a small village, all by herself—she wouldn't need to to SURVIVE, but maybe she needs fuel for her powers, to heal after a difficult battle, or has many ghouls to feed... and, well, blood tastes really, really good. Gluttony is a sin vampires understand quite well.

And yes, this is one of the points why Thinbloods are dangerous: Since they need to feed more often, they're prone to being found out, and possibly leading Hunters right to their sires' doorsteps.
                      Yeah but thin bloods can subsist on any kind of blood too.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Yeah but thin bloods can subsist on any kind of blood too.
                        True, but I meant "Thinbloods" from those ancient, powerful vampires' viewpoint, not the mechanical entity For a fifth-generation Toreador, a tenth-generation descendant might as well have rainwater in her veins.

Comment

• The change in blood and hunger whas because the blood is a collective mind that manifests in the beast and because it feels, that big hunters are awake and now is a Gehenna hunt it makes every vampire hungrier and giving them options to get mightier to let everyone of them become an apex predator.

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
                          First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
                          Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

Working...
                          X