The dracon's hunt of the carpathian Tzimisce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dracon's hunt of the carpathian Tzimisce

So after the disastrous embrace of Gesu. The Dracon went batshit crazy. I was wondering if there is more information out there about the dracon's hunt of the carpathian Tzimisce? (other then what is written in the wiki).

How badly were the carphatian Tzimisce hurt by his actions? How many elders were destroyed? What were the exact details of Gesu's embrace? How did his final battle with Triglav occur? Why didn't Yorak interfer when his clanmates were being butchered? Any theories would also be good to hear.

The Dracon killed Triglav the Three Header (another childe of the Eldest) in his rampage, triggering a blood feud between both lineages. Let's also have in mind that when this happened, it was also around the same time that Samiel destroyed the Eldest for the first time (that we know of) and then he was reborn in the Dracon's womb. This led him to take care of his sire back to his haven in Cyprus. Most of this is between Clanbook Tzimisce revised (destruction of Samiel), Dark Ages Europe/Road of Heaven (date in which the youngest childe of Samiel was embraced) and Dark Ages novel Tzimisce (the clan blood feud)

- Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Saga View Post
      The Dracon killed Triglav the Three Header (another childe of the Eldest) in his rampage, triggering a blood feud between both lineages. Let's also have in mind that when this happened, it was also around the same time that Samiel destroyed the Eldest for the first time (that we know of) and then he was reborn in the Dracon's womb. This led him to take care of his sire back to his haven in Cyprus. Most of this is between Clanbook Tzimisce revised (destruction of Samiel), Dark Ages Europe/Road of Heaven (date in which the youngest childe of Samiel was embraced) and Dark Ages novel Tzimisce (the clan blood feud)

- Saga
      Let's keep in mind that Samiel and the Tzimisce Antediluvian killing each other and the latter reforming in the body of the Dracon is not a fact but rather a story told my a 20th century Tzimisce in character. She relates a theory some Tzimisce hold as a fact but that's so only if you choose for it to be in your chronicle.

Comment

In Dark Ages: Novel Tzimisce it's said that Velya the Viviseccionist is the only survivor of the purge of the Triglav's offspring. But Shaagra of Prague is another childe of Triglav.

Comment

Originally posted by Magus View Post
          In Dark Ages: Novel Tzimisce it's said that Velya the Viviseccionist is the only survivor of the purge of the Triglav's offspring. But Shaagra of Prague is another childe of Triglav.

Interesting, so the dracon pretty much wiped out Triglav's entire line. I did not know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Haquim View Post

Let's keep in mind that Samiel and the Tzimisce Antediluvian killing each other and the latter reforming in the body of the Dracon is not a fact but rather a story told my a 20th century Tzimisce in character. She relates a theory some Tzimisce hold as a fact but that's so only if you choose for it to be in your chronicle.

It always seemed a bit strange that Samiel took out an Antediluvian in single combat. And not just any Antediluvian, probably the most powerful of them all. It would make sense if it is just a story.

Comment

Originally posted by Magus View Post

It is believed that Shaagra herself never knew her sire Triglav, and that might be why she was left apart of the blood feud.

Kosczecsyku is a childe of Triglav according to the lineage of Osobei Vasilevitch, something whoever wrote V20 Rites of the Blood forgot about and wrote him under Yorak's lineage.

- Saga

Comment

Originally posted by blackshade View Post

It always seemed a bit strange that Samiel took out an Antediluvian in single combat. And not just any Antediluvian, probably the most powerful of them all. It would make sense if it is just a story.
                Eh. I truly think the Eldest has a thing for getting "killed". Like, it's their kink. Sure, it never truly dies, but it gets off on letting others think it dies, just to come back later.

Writing up Clanbook: Aabbt

Comment

Originally posted by Saga
                  Kosczecsyku is a childe of Triglav according to the lineage of Osobei Vasilevitch, something whoever wrote V20 Rites of the Blood forgot about and wrote him under Yorak's lineage.
                  True. I remenber that in "The Bitter Crusade" there's a chapter with some Tzimisce, and it's mentioned the war between the Children of the Dracon and the rest of the clan.

Comment

He didn't. As mighty as he was, Samiel killed the then vessel of The Eldest. But, as the first Tzimisce childer knew, they were just vessels for The Eldest's ressurection , if required. Nothing more. If a single drop of The Eldest's blood exists, he lives.
                    Last edited by Illuminostro; 12-19-2019, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminostro View Post

He didn't. As mighty as he was, Samiel killed the then vessel of The Eldest. But, as the first Tzimisce childer knew, they were just vessels for The Eldest's ressurection , if required. Nothing more. If a single drop of The Eldest's blood exists, he lives.

The Antedilluvian managed to ressurect himself because of his unique ability to reform himself within the body of any of his childer. But Samiel bested him in single combat (or it was a draw). The Tzimisce Antedilluvian with all his power couldn't prevent the destruction of his vessel at the time. It took him decades (if not more) to come back from that. That just shows that the eldest of the Methuselahs aren't that much weaker then the Antedilluvians. Or maybe Samiel was just that powerful. Also it's worth remembering that if it was any other Antediluvian they would have, most likely, met final death in that encounter.
                      Last edited by blackshade; 12-19-2019, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I haven't read clan novels or much of the Dark Ages line to confirm, but I had the impression that Samiel was presented as a "holy warrior" type figure, implying that True Faith may have played an important role in that battle. That could make up for a lot of power differential, particularly against an opponent as inhuman and evil as the Eldest Fiend.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                          I haven't read clan novels or much of the Dark Ages line to confirm, but I had the impression that Samiel was presented as a "holy warrior" type figure, implying that True Faith may have played an important role in that battle. That could make up for a lot of power differential, particularly against an opponent as inhuman and evil as the Eldest Fiend.
                          In the Dark Ages Novel: Tzimisce the Dracon remembers his sire. He says that the Antediluvian was more human before his "destruction" and the resurrection "failed" in some way because the Antediluvian became in a different, inhuman creature. It's an interesting premise because it would indicate that Tzimisce was not always a monster.

Comment

The Antedilluvian managed to ressurect himself because of his unique ability to reform himself within the body of any of his childer. But Samiel bested him in single combat (or it was a draw). The Tzimisce Antedilluvian with all his power couldn't prevent the destruction of his vessel at the time. It took him decades (if not more) to come back from that. That just shows that the eldest of the Methuselahs aren't that much weaker then the Antedilluvians. Or maybe Samiel was just that powerful. Also it's worth remembering that if it was any other Antediluvian they would have, most likely, met final death in that encounter.
                            When I stated "He didn't," I meant that Samiel didn't kill Tzimisce. Not really. He just killed that physical form. As long as any thing has Tzimisce's blood in them, it can reform itself.

So, we are in agreement.

Comment

I wonder how canon the Vukodlak is given that Shagara is the "canonical" holder of his territory.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Working...
                              X