[Spoilers] Cults of the Blood Gods discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spoilers] Cults of the Blood Gods discussion

For those of us who are backing, this is a thread to discuss the material inside the Cults of the Blood Gods.

That way we don't clutter up the official thread.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

There really, really shouldn't be a Bahari blood magic that reduces Hunger to 0. Even Golconda doesn't do that. "You only get Hunger 0 through deliberate murder" is like one of the few ironclad rules from the corebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
      There really, really shouldn't be a Bahari blood magic that reduces Hunger to 0. Even Golconda doesn't do that. "You only get Hunger 0 through deliberate murder" is like one of the few ironclad rules from the corebook.
      It's doubly weird because the Bahari get doubled down as a bunch of murderous psychos. I was surprised they felt the need to point out Lilith worshipers were every bit as evil as the Caine worshipers.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Some thoughts:

1. I like the Ashfinders as I was a fan of BLADE: THE SERIES where vampire ash was a popular street drug. I like the fact this religious cult is like several layers of fucked up too. It's a cult devoted to achieving Golconda through the eating of dead elders and that's crazy enough but the fact it's also a public yoga/social media empire makes it even crazier. I also like the fact that even then it's also a cover for DOCTOR MORTIUS' experiments on the Thin Bloods. The characters are all doomed and actually justify every bit of hatred the Duskborn get from regular vampires, which makes it a good twist.

Oh and Doctor Mortius' song:

2. I like the Cult of Lilith getting one of the researchers confused by the fact that she's not a particularly feminist figure in her mythology, having been created as a satirtical attack on women in RL. It's no weirder than worshiping Caine but nice to remember that murdering babies and tormenting young mothers is a central part of the RL mythology. I am curious why they hate Caine worshipers so much, though. There's not an explanation in there for it.

3. I really like the Justicars discussing how Kindred religion is making a resurgence and their decision on whether to oppress it or not is based purely on what they benefit from. It's such a delightfully cynical ploy and perfectly Camarilla. It also explains how it went from a secular organization to one that maintains Bishop equivalents in the setting.

4. I really like the little bits of short fiction with the Second Inquisition interrogation being my favorite so far.
        Last edited by CTPhipps; 12-20-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I like Ashfinders as a general premise. I don't like that it's once again an EVERYONE IS A PAWN FOR AN ELDER affair. Thin-bloods are supposed to be viable playable characters - show them as something other than pathetic losers for once.

I don't like Ashfinders alchemy mechanics - they are making the already bad alchemy rules worse by segregating powers by the distillation type.

Comment

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
            I like Ashfinders as a general premise. I don't like that it's once again an EVERYONE IS A PAWN FOR AN ELDER affair. Thin-bloods are supposed to be viable playable characters - show them as something other than pathetic losers for once.

I don't like Ashfinders alchemy mechanics - they are making the already bad alchemy rules worse by segregating powers by the distillation type.
            I feel that's basically a core of Vampire: The Masquerade, though, that every time you think you're free and clear is another layer of conspiracy. Everyone is a pawn of everyone else back to the Antediluvians. I'm also not of the mind that if you want a group of free Duskborn rebels that it should be the group of vampire ash addicted Google execs.

What vampires ARE free, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I feel that's basically a core of Vampire: The Masquerade, though, that every time you think you're free and clear is another layer of conspiracy. Everyone is a pawn of everyone else back to the Antediluvians. I'm also not of the mind that if you want a group of free Duskborn rebels that it should be the group of vampire ash addicted Google execs.

I'd argue,fighting others who are trying to control you is important to the game

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post

I'd argue,fighting others who are trying to control you is important to the game
                Oh yes, it's why I'm Anarchs 4 Ever.

It's just not a fight you'll always win.

Comment

Oh yes, it's why I'm Anarchs 4 Ever.

It's just not a fight you'll always win.
                  Good point. Right now after seeing the first previews OF CULTS. I want to play either the Ministry or the CoC

Comment

The Ashfinders are.....so damn hokey...doesn't help that Alchemy is just so fucking weird and feels totally out of left field for something vampires do....but it has since the V5 core so theres no getting around it. I just keep getting Made in Chelsea flashbacks with the Ashfinders that makes them impossible to take seriously.

Some of the IC stuff was very cringe, some was decent to middling, the rest seemed ok.

Comment

Gangrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post

Gangrel.
                        Represent!!!!

Comment

What do the Ashfinders do? What happens to people who consume the ashes of dead vampires? Does it help with baldness? Asking for a friend...

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
                            What do the Ashfinders do? What happens to people who consume the ashes of dead vampires? Does it help with baldness? Asking for a friend...
                            Generally - nothing. If you are a high level thin-blood who leveled up his blood alchemy then you can use one of the dead vampire's disciplines.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
                              They're basically a bunch of millennial millionaires that have been turned into Thin Bloods and have joined together in a cult that believes that they can gain supernatural insight into Golconda by consuming the ash of elder vampires that has been processed by THE SINISTER DOCTOR MORTIUS. The stuff provides an incredible high that they have mistaken for enlightenment and become increasingly addicted to.

They are mostly getting away with this because Ashirra vampires are selling them the ashes of vampires killed in the Gehenna War but they're already getting to their crisis point when they'll start killing for their fix.

Doctor Mortius thinks this will be hilarious/enlightening.

Presumably, Peter Thiel (being a real life vampire), is a member.

Comment

Working...
                              X