[Spoilers] Cults of the Blood Gods discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trueann View Post
    Hmm, is it possible for Cappadocious to relive, if all three pieces is put together?
    In my opinion, the Ritual of the Endless Night was at least partially an attempt to allow that to happen, at least in some form.

That's how I'm playing it in my game, anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irad the Strong View Post

So let me get this straight:
      The 3 Methuselahs Byzar, Japeth and Lazarus (the Cult of Capuchin) with the advice of Ambrogino, Cadmen, that Mla Watu from Becket's Diary and else are pulling the strings of the Clan without the Beckoning? That's something, huh? I'll resume the reading to talk some more. My LARP has a lineage of Ambrogino and I'm constructing the changins session by session, so any info it's great, Thank you so much!
      The Capuchin (a "mask" worn by the 3 methuselahs you mention) orchestrated a coup against the Giovanni leadership and suceeded by bringing together the Harbringers of Skulls (apparently a bloodline of necromantic assassins Cappadocius condemned to be imprisoned in the underworld after the Feast of Folly), the Infiotiores (surviving Cappadocians), the Samedi, the Nagrajah and those of the Giovanni clan who weren't happy with their position into the clan (so mostly the young, the members of the adopted families but also some elders and apparently Ambrogino Giovanni himself). I don't think the Capuchin has an official leadership role, he may be seen as a figurehead, but given the level of manipulation and the sheer power these 3 ancients displayed they are without doubt the real masterminds behind the new clan Hecata. They may not want to wield it directlòy though. As for the Beckoning the Hecata are said to be the only clan not suffering from its effects although the reason is under debate and no consensus has been reached.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haquim View Post

As for the Beckoning the Hecata are said to be the only clan not suffering from its effects although the reason is under debate and no consensus has been reached.

1) Doylist explanation : Because you can't make a Clan made up of Cappadocians (at least 500 years old) if the Beckoning has effect on them

2) Watsonian explanation : Because Cappadocius is in no position to beckon anyone at all.

Comment

The Capuchin (a "mask" worn by the 3 methuselahs you mention) orchestrated a coup against the Giovanni leadership and suceeded by bringing together the Harbringers of Skulls (apparently a bloodline of necromantic assassins Cappadocius condemned to be imprisoned in the underworld after the Feast of Folly), the Infiotiores (surviving Cappadocians), the Samedi, the Nagrajah and those of the Giovanni clan who weren't happy with their position into the clan (so mostly the young, the members of the adopted families but also some elders and apparently Ambrogino Giovanni himself). I don't think the Capuchin has an official leadership role, he may be seen as a figurehead, but given the level of manipulation and the sheer power these 3 ancients displayed they are without doubt the real masterminds behind the new clan Hecata. They may not want to wield it directlòy though. As for the Beckoning the Hecata are said to be the only clan not suffering from its effects although the reason is under debate and no consensus has been reached.

Please remember that the numbers of vampires in general, and the “independent” clans specifically, are small. Smaller than the number of employees at a even a mid-sized company or small town.

These numbers strike me as a reasonable projection (perhaps low, but not low by much); 431 Giovanni, 22 lamia, 13 harbingers, etc.

Having six elders running such a crew is perfectly reasonable in terms of management. For the moment at least, the leadership of the Hecata is not eating itself.

Originally posted by trueann View Post
          Hmm, is it possible for Cappadocious to relive, if all three pieces is put together?
          Which version of Cappadocious? The version that became a specter? The petty and insane creature he was before his death, when he thought he could eat God? Which version should anyone want to appear on the scene now?
          Last edited by Grumpy RPG Reviews; 01-07-2020, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

Which version of Cappadocious? The version that became a specter? The petty and insane creature he was before his death, when he thought he could eat God? Which version should anyone want to appear on the scene now?
            As I understand, a specter is just a part of Cappadocious' soul, another - in Augustus, and another one - in True Vessel. So, theoretically, Cap can reestablished himself in Augustus body.

Comment

As I understand, a specter is just a part of Cappadocious' soul, another - in Augustus, and another one - in True Vessel. So, theoretically, Cap can reestablished himself in Augustus body.
              Even so though Grumpy RPG Reviews has a point, what version, or messed up combination, would we get back. Or even want back?
              De Camden says in CotBG that Cappadocius was an insane monster before he was killed, I can only imagine the messed up wreckage he might be now.
              Then again he might have had an epiphany in death and be something else entirely now! Though if they stick with the previous timeline, during the 6th Maelstrom he was thrown into Oblivion and came out as a husk, so who knows at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithras304 View Post
                Though if they stick with the previous timeline, during the 6th Maelstrom he was thrown into Oblivion and came out as a husk, so who knows at this point.
                As far, as I know, 6th Maelstrom was retconned. Anyway, reborn monstrous Cap is more interesting, than old uncle Augustus.
                Last edited by trueann; 01-07-2020, 04:47 PM.

Comment

As far, as I know, 6th Maelstrom was retconned.
                  I don't know if it's retconned. Page 9 of the transcript has the following:

To put it as best I can, it’s like a black hole with a will surrounded by an infinite abyss (to
                  continue the metaphor, mortal scientists would call it an accretion disk) of infinite depth and
                  proportion, which contains beings trapped there in the absence of light. Trapped between being
                  and non-being. It is all contained by a maze so twisting and chaotic and elaborate that it almost
                  made me mad. And above all of that a perpetual storm and the echoes of cities and people and
                  things where the dead dwell.

Comment

As far, as I know, 6th Maelstrom was retconned. Anyway, reborn monstrous Cap is more interesting, than old uncle Augustus.
                    I've not seen anything concrete on that score, but I do hope it was as that opens up far more interesting possibilities! Although in my games the 6th Maelstrom has been retconned for a while.

Granted, there is great potential for a resurrected Cappadocius, but I don't think that will ever be answered definitively in the Metaplot. However it would certainly make for an interesting chronicle!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

Please remember that the numbers of vampires in general, and the “independent” clans specifically, are small. Smaller than the number of employees at a even a mid-sized company or small town.

These numbers strike me as a reasonable projection (perhaps low, but not low by much); 431 Giovanni, 22 lamia, 13 harbingers, etc.

Having six elders running such a crew is perfectly reasonable in terms of management. For the moment at least, the leadership of the Hecata is not eating itself.

IIRC back in the day the Harbingers' numbers were estimated in the low hundreds and currently the Giovanni are said to provide at least 50% of the total number of the Hecata. Assuming the Harbingers form roughly the 20% of the clan and there's 200 of them it would mean for the Hecata to have a population of 1.000 vampires. All things considered I feel like that's a good number for them.

As for Cappadocius: the manuscript does not deal with him or his fate overmuch, even the fate of Augustus is left open. He might be dead because the Harbingers killed him or because when the Endless Night failed a few millions wraiths tore him to pieces. He might have escaped and be hiding somewhere plotting his revenge. He may have been captured. What's certain is the Endless Night is over and is lost.

That said, what about good old Cappy? We know that Augustus failed to diablerize him completely and that resulted in Cappadocius turing into a wraith and later to degenerate into a spectre (one who guided Marianna Giovanni in her war against her parent clan). A spectre is not a Wraith... it's something devoted to oblivion (anticreation, where the Neverborn rest, apparently the source of the discipline with the same name) and is very, very dangerous, especially if said creature used to be an antediluvian. As per BJD the spectre exists still and the True Vessel (a jar with a few drops of Cappadocius' blodd and a piece of his soul... most probebly the reason Cappadocius was not diablerized) is hidden somewhere as well. Going with the theory Cappadocius' soul was split in 3 parts and there's some way to resurrect him, all 3 parts would need to be reunited which would mean bringing the spectre, Augustus (if he's still alive) and the True Vessel together. Most probably the thing coming out of such union would not be Cappadocius at all...

P.S.

According to Lord Cadmen the Harbingers' hate for the Giovanni stems from the latter having managed to kill their forefather BEFORE the Harbingers had their chance to do the same...

Comment

That said, what about good old Cappy? We know that Augustus failed to diablerize him completely and that resulted in Cappadocius turing into a wraith and later to degenerate into a spectre (one who guided Marianna Giovanni in her war against her parent clan). A spectre is not a Wraith... it's something devoted to oblivion (anticreation, where the Neverborn rest, apparently the source of the discipline with the same name) and is very, very dangerous, especially if said creature used to be an antediluvian. As per BJD the spectre exists still and the True Vessel (a jar with a few drops of Cappadocius' blodd and a piece of his soul... most probebly the reason Cappadocius was not diablerized) is hidden somewhere as well. Going with the theory Cappadocius' soul was split in 3 parts and there's some way to resurrect him, all 3 parts would need to be reunited which would mean bringing the spectre, Augustus (if he's still alive) and the True Vessel together. Most probably the thing coming out of such union would not be Cappadocius at all...
                        Agreed, I think some monstrosity would arise, maybe wildley insane, or the cold calm kind of monster, but it would be far worse than Father ever was for my money!

Comment

• I think Cappadocias is probably quite happy where he is. In my games he's close to being an Archdemon and ruler of the Far Shores ("God")

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                            I think Cappadocias is probably quite happy where he is. In my games he's close to being an Archdemon and ruler of the Far Shores ("God")
                            That's a interesting idea! I'd mostly just thought of him as roaming, throwing things around and generally carrying on cranky!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithras304 View Post
                              That's a interesting idea! I'd mostly just thought of him as roaming, throwing things around and generally carrying on cranky!
                              The only time he showed up in my games, I had him playing the role of the classic Grim Reaper

Perhaps with a bit more Castlevania.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

The only time he showed up in my games, I had him playing the role of the classic Grim Reaper

Perhaps with a bit more Castlevania.
                                Nice! I may borrow some of that!

Comment

Working...
                                X