Valeren/Obeah and the Clan Salubri in V5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel P View Post
    Just to stop an argument before it starts: Here is a picture from my version of the Original Anarch book for V5 --->

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_755_1578845977349_89[/ATTACH]

As can be clearly seen in the original, she could be seen with a third eye open, but later versions hid/removed it for some reason.

And while we are on the subject: Really hope the Salubri gets their own unique Discipline with Amalgams to represent different Castes within the Clan at large, just as stated above. Having the entire Discipline based on Amalgams from base Disciplines makes no sense Lore or Canonwise and would be a very lazy and really bad design choice IMO.

Hope that helps!
    The picture wasn't visible (only an icon indicating a picture that couldn't be loaded) but the explanation is still helpful. Thankyou

Comment

Why would they change that?

Comment

Originally posted by omenseer View Post
        Why would they change that?
        Presumably it was an earlier draft that was changed, but had managed to get through editing.

Comment

The Cam book also mentions Clan Salubri (though not by that name), so they definitely still exist in-universe!

Comment

I wonder if the clan write up will include 2 Banes or will it be more along the lines of the Hecata with one Bane only. That would be a bit disappointing. Maybe the Caste weaknesses will have to be simulated by players vis a vi Convictions.

Comment

You know, Players Guide states they will show THE 13 Clans. But since they've been shitting in Clan Ravnos for a long time (and I won't complain), they might just bring Salubri back in their place. It certainly is easier to bring Salubri back as Anarch (since Hecata are independent fellows of V5) since Camarilla members left them to die and then took in their murderers, then defining "so soon" about the Tzimisce (which for me will be the last clan exposed, although Old Clan could go Anarch along with the younglings from Sabbat).
              But I digress, I think they could come back soon in V5, and their Bane would probably be having to do some Willpower test to drink or attack unwilling and innocent people. Now the Compulsion is harder because we wouldn't give BE GOOD GUY compulsion. Besides we don't know if we will get the Avenging Salubri or the heal your burn Salubri.

Comment

Originally posted by Banu_Saulot View Post
                It certainly is easier to bring Salubri back as Anarch (since Hecata are independent fellows of V5)
                The Tremere appear to be on borrowed time, with the way things are going for them. And if half the Lasombra are still alive to leave the Sabbat then Adonai's Salubri (who are literally professional warriors, therefore their survival prospects in war zones are significant) can always come back from obscurity and near-extinction.

Comment

Now the Compulsion is harder because we wouldn't give BE GOOD GUY compulsion.
                  My game's writeup has the Compulsion being Devotion. Dedication to an ideal is hard-coded into their blood, whether that be a religion, a profession, or some other code which defines how they live their unlives, so a former US Marine who took their oath very seriously and it carried over to their unlife will go out hunting those he deems "enemies of the United States both foreign and domestic."

Comment

Originally posted by GilbyTheFat View Post
                    My game's writeup has the Compulsion being Devotion. Dedication to an ideal is hard-coded into their blood, whether that be a religion, a profession, or some other code which defines how they live their unlives, so a former US Marine who took their oath very seriously and it carried over to their unlife will go out hunting those he deems "enemies of the United States both foreign and domestic."
                    Not bad, although Compulsion have been a bit more defined in what the vampire does. I would say Sacrifice is more appropriate, like not self-sacrifice, any type. It could be sacrifice you friends for your goals, make dark pacts for power, sacrifice face to say what should be said, take the "all that is tainted must end" side of the Garou "should I kill innocent Pentex workers?" dilemma and etc.. But yeah, I think you got a good idea.
                    In the end they would be fun crusaders, scholars, princes/barons, noddists, golconda gurus and other righteous or spiritual seekers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithras304 View Post
                      I'm not entirely convinced we're going to see Chimestry to be fair. The Hecata are stated as the only independent clan, and the Ravnos haven't been mentioned as a member of any of the Sects.
                      To me this suggests they have been written out of the game entirely, or they have joined the Sabbat (Which I would raise an eyebrow at frankly!).
                      Though there is a possibility they've been demoted to Bloodline status as there are so few left, so they aren't factored in by the other 'Great Clans' anymore. But to be honest I think the current mindset of the creators is to move away from the controversialness of the Ravnos. If we do see them though, I suspect they will fold Chimestry into Obfuscate as Obfuscate messes with the minds of others to make the Vampire 'vanish', so the illusion creating is a similar vein.

With Valeren/Obeah, I think if it isn't it's own Discipline it could well be put into either Auspex or Fortituide requiring an Amalgam of the other. However if it was an amalgam of those two that leaves them with a third open Discipline. Personally I think it should be a separate power though.

I do hope we see then come back though, I have a feeling when they cover the Sabbat/Gehenna War they will pop up in that.

There's a loresheet for having gotten some of the Rav ante's blood.. They are in there somewhere.. whether chimestry becomes Obfuscate well that's up in the air. Could easily be Obfuscate/Blood magic amalgams..

Comment

Not bad, although Compulsion have been a bit more defined in what the vampire does. I would say Sacrifice is more appropriate, like not self-sacrifice, any type. It could be sacrifice you friends for your goals, make dark pacts for power, sacrifice face to say what should be said, take the "all that is tainted must end" side of the Garou "should I kill innocent Pentex workers?" dilemma and etc.. But yeah, I think you got a good idea.
                        In the end they would be fun crusaders, scholars, princes/barons, noddists, golconda gurus and other righteous or spiritual seekers.
                        And demon-hunters. I threw in a few exorcist-type powers with Valeren so it wasn't all doctor work or combat, so when you get that Catholic Salubri exorcist whose compulsion kicks in he's gonna start looking vigorously for demonic and infernalist threats.

Comment

Originally posted by GilbyTheFat View Post
                          The Tremere appear to be on borrowed time, with the way things are going for them. And if half the Lasombra are still alive to leave the Sabbat then Adonai's Salubri (who are literally professional warriors, therefore their survival prospects in war zones are significant) can always come back from obscurity and near-extinction.
                          Yeah, I think we're more likely to see the Salubri as a Sabbat Clan than an Anarch one, really at this point the 'Antitribu' are the main Clan as opposed to the golconda-seeking diablerists, although I do hope they change the Sabbat Salubri's weakness to either the Healer or Warrior caste one. I also do suspect it'll be accompanied by metaplot essentially saying 'Salubri are now viewed as a Clan while Ravnos/Tremere aren't', and a widespread rumour that Salout's soul has consumed Tremere's.

As for Valeren, I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it got incorporated into Blood Sorcery. It would be a terrible easy to do it, but also probably the easiest way. I just don't see it staying as it's own discipline unless they can shoehorn it into another Clan.

Blue is sarcasm.

If I suggestion I make contradicts in-setting metaphysics please ignore me, I probably brought in scientific ideas.

Comment

Combine Obeah and Bardo? Farfetched, but they are similar enough. Though Obeah-as-Blood Sorcery would be interesting, if they continue to go down the path of the Baali and (arguably) Tremere being Salubri offshoots.

My Homebrew
                            Star Wars d10
                            The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
                            Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel P View Post
                              Just to stop an argument before it starts: Here is a picture from my version of the Original Anarch book for V5 --->

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_755_1578845977349_89[/ATTACH]

As can be clearly seen in the original, she could be seen with a third eye open, but later versions hid/removed it for some reason.

And while we are on the subject: Really hope the Salubri gets their own unique Discipline with Amalgams to represent different Castes within the Clan at large, just as stated above. Having the entire Discipline based on Amalgams from base Disciplines makes no sense Lore or Canonwise and would be a very lazy and really bad design choice IMO.

Hope that helps!

It seems like it was removed because, well, there's no mention of Salubri in the book anywhere and while it's a cool art piece, it's one of those 'why is this here? It doesn't reflect anything in the book'. The decision to remove it seems to have been made after Modiphius took over the V5 stewardship and made the other changes to the Anarch book, such as the removal of 'feed vitae to a baby' section.

Comment

Originally posted by elmerg View Post
                                such as the removal of 'feed vitae to a baby' section.
                                And praise Caine they did!

When I saw that part I ended up sitting there with my mouth hanging open wondering who thought that was in any way a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X