How would you stat Vasilisa?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you stat Vasilisa?

She (It?) seems like very much a 'You Lose' type character, especially when you scale her against Baba Yaga, but if Japheth and Shaitan/Negal can get character sheets, why not her?

Or do you think vague, limited-but-very-high traits like Ur-Shulgi would fit her better?

I believe it was stated Vasilisa was twice as old as Baba Yaga, so that would put it at around 14,000 years old. At that kind of age I think treating it like Ur-Shulgi is a good shout. For my games Ancient's like them I treat more as a force of nature, they can do more or less what they want to, you don't fight them, you get out the way.

I would say for stats 9 dot's of Obfuscate and probably all the other Clan Disciplines.

Comment

I’m general...If v20 I look for feats in their story covered by combo disciplines. Then give disciplines required by them. Then see what feats their disciplines could accomplish.

Backgrounds are obvious. Stats and skills is kind of a tweek and test. Fiddle with those. I use leftover xp for those and base all this on elder creation rules. So go with 1000xp if methuselah level.

Comment

Originally posted by Pnizzle View Post
        I’m general...If v20 I look for feats in their story covered by combo disciplines. Then give disciplines required by them.
        This is what I do when using Gehenna to stat Antediluvians. My head canon is: "If you get a discipline at 10 dots you get all the combo disciplines automatically (as long as you have the other(s) disciplines at high enough rating to qualify)" I have made full stats for [Tzimisce] and Augustus, partial stats for Absimilliar, and somewhat vague stats of Ennoia, Tremere, Malkav, Zapathasura, and [Lasombra].

I also give them all the clan merits, and those flaws that are adequate.
        Last edited by lbeaumanior; 01-11-2020, 06:39 PM.

Comment

You don't stat Vasilisa because you don't stat plot devices (and in its case BAD plot devices).

P.S:

It being 14k years old was just the author's way to explain why she could toy with Baba Yaga.

Comment

She is probably a contemporary of Ur-Shulgi.

The die is cast.

Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post

This is what I do when using Gehenna to stat Antediluvians. My head canon is: "If you get a discipline at 10 dots you get all the combo disciplines automatically (as long as you have the other(s) disciplines at high enough rating to qualify)" I have made full stats for [Tzimisce] and Augustus, partial stats for Absimilliar, and somewhat vague stats of Ennoia, Tremere, Malkav, Zapathasura, and [Lasombra].

I also give them all the clan merits, and those flaws that are adequate.
              Too generous. Heh. I usually keep combo disciplines unique to each elder. Like their ace in the hole vs other of their level. I only squeeze in merits and flaws if they’re thematic.

Sort of like...soul reaver. Yeah. That.

Comment

Too generous. Heh. I usually keep combo disciplines unique to each elder. Like their ace in the hole vs other of their level. I only squeeze in merits and flaws if they’re thematic.

Sort of like...soul reaver. Yeah. That.
                Well, I must correct myself, it is not really all clan merits (but I do give them all clan combination disciplines and all elder disciplines), just those that are thematically appropriate.

Gehenna stats that the tenth dot is a plot device, that does everything within the scope of the discipline; the best way to do that (instead of making up powers), was to give them the elder disciplines that they qualify for (those like Absimilliard, and [Tzimisce] that had partial stats) and give them whatever disciplines were needed to have all clan combo disciplines.
                Last edited by lbeaumanior; 01-12-2020, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Don’t forget though. If it has stats, players will expect to be able to kill it eventually.

Comment

Don’t forget though. If it has stats, players will expect to be able to kill it eventually.
                    Truth. "If you stat it, murderhobos will come" has been a staple in TTRPGs since TTRPGs were born. And in a game where everything gets stats, you're just one lucky dice roll (and one unlucky dice roll from the ST) away from diablerizing Caine.

Writing up Clanbook: Aabbt

Comment

And that's how it should be. These are vampires, but they are also people, and ought to be vulnerable. Kindred society is based around gentility, because if it wasn't, existence as a vampire would be bloody, brutal, and generally short.

Learn more about the hidden history of the British Isles in England Will Burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Haquim View Post
                        You don't stat Vasilisa because you don't stat plot devices (and in its case BAD plot devices).

I think you have been a plot device if you 're "only" a Methseulah.

Originally posted by Vysha View Post

Truth. "If you stat it, murderhobos will come" has been a staple in TTRPGs since TTRPGs were born. And in a game where everything gets stats, you're just one lucky dice roll (and one unlucky dice roll from the ST) away from diablerizing Caine.
                        That's also one of the reasons that some earlier demigods don't have stats in later editions. Demigods should be demigods, who are almost plot-device.

Zmei in Rage Across Russia, the Incarna Abba-il-Aeon in Book of Madness and so on...
                        Last edited by Rock113; 01-12-2020, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Depends on how accurate Noddist lore is in your setting. If you accept the first city, Caine etc, she dates back to the First City and predates Caines curse that each generation would be weaker than the preceeding one. So basically she is an Antediluvian. Theres also tales that Absimilliard used other-than-human stock for the Nictuku.If you don't, she is a vampire much older than Ur-Shulgi. Assuming Ur-Shulgi has basically topped out on his clan disciplines, she'd be much the same but with more out-of-clans at 9.

In either case though, I'd assume her mentals and willpower is low. Given the power of such beings, and that he has seen up close what happens to sires who let their childer grow unmanageable, I expect Absimilliard keeps the Nicktuku mentally cored out and with little initiative or independent thought. Especially since he himself is not one of the more powerful Antediluvians.
                          Last edited by Trollroot; 01-12-2020, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trollroot View Post
                            Depends on how accurate Noddist lore is in your setting. If you accept the first city, Caine etc, she dates back to the First City and predates Caines curse that each generation would be weaker than the preceeding one. So basically she is an Antediluvian. Theres also tales that Absimilliard used other-than-human stock for the Nictuku.If you don't, she is a vampire much older than Ur-Shulgi. Assuming Ur-Shulgi has basically topped out on his clan disciplines, she'd be much the same but with more out-of-clans at 9.

In either case though, I'd assume her mentals and willpower is low. Given the power of such beings, and that he has seen up close what happens to sires who let their childer grow unmanageable, I expect Absimilliard keeps the Nicktuku mentally cored out and with little initiative or independent thought. Especially since he himself is not one of the more powerful Antediluvians.
                            Good take, specially the mental stats and willpower part. The Nictuku must be fully bonded too. Attack dogs if you will.

Comment

I'd likely stat her as either a child mage, changeling, or a normal human benefiting from blessings by some supernatural on behalf of her deceased mother. She'd have interacted with Baba Yaga ages ago and passed into legend to more closely conform to Russian folklore.

As for the figure from the infamously awful adventure in Night of Prophecy, I prefer to avoid that whole mess like the plague.

Comment

Working...
                              X