Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haquim
    • Jan 2019

As far as headcannons go in my old chronicle I had Baba Yaga being defeated by Vasilisa because the latter was possessed by Absimilliard when they met. I have antediluvians being able to take take possessions of SOME of their direct progeny who then become their avatars. This is why Ur-Shulgi is beyond stats and this is also the case with the niktuku.

Comment

• blackshade
      • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Haquim View Post
      As far as headcannons go in my old chronicle I had Baba Yaga being defeated by Vasilisa because the latter was possessed by Absimilliard when they met. I have antediluvians being able to take take possessions of SOME of their direct progeny who then become their avatars. This is why Ur-Shulgi is beyond stats and this is also the case with the niktuku.

Could make sense for the niktuku however BJD made it clear that Ur-Shulgi doesn't give two bits about Haqim. He is not his herald, he just pretends to be. Ur- Shulgi follows his own path.

Comment

• Eldagusto
        Banned
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Saga View Post

This concept I like. But I disagree on the ritual to rebirth as fae though it makes sense, since returning to her mage self would be extremely overpowered even for her.

The thing I don't agree with is Vasilisa defeating Baba Yaga via diablerie. She killed her alright, but diablerizing her would mean in essence "becoming" her, someone who spares the truly virtuous, something Vasilisa has absolutely nothing of, so why would she consume Baba Yaga's soul?

- Saga
        What I mean is Vas jumps into Baba as evil goo, and tries to tear her up from inside, but Baba Yaga activates her trap card which transmutes both of their souls into a new being, ideally more Baba then Vas but she was uncertain how much of each Soul would compose the new child. But for her it was a gambit worth taking.

Comment

• Eldagusto
          Banned
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by blackshade View Post
          ^ Where does the assumption that Absimilliard is weaker then younger antes come from? I would wager he is far more powerful then Tremere or Augustus. Troile could be more powerful but she succefully diablerized the brujah founder and got all his powers. Any other ante that is considered more powerful by most is from the same era as Absimilliard.

I do agree that Yaga should have put up more of a fight. If only because of her prowess in blood magic. But i still dont think the end result should have been different. Given the great age difference that fight should have ended in Vasilisa's favor. The end result would have probably been different if Vasilisa came across Ur-Shulgi in that cabin. He would have decimated her imo.
          We don’t mean the puppy 3rd gen like Auggy and Tremere we mean some of the 3rd gen were embraced hundreds if not thousands of years apart and its implied Abby is probably one of the earlier ones and folks like Sutekh and maybe others were embraced later possible even after the deluge.

And once again diminishing returns, Age doesn’t mean constant super improvement, it’s likely many that survive go through cycles of their power growth plateauing as they stagnate and unless awakened to change, like by eating papa or almost getting eaten or finding kinda love they may not be really make much headway in their 8th thousand year compared to their first couple thousand years or first century.

Comment

• Undead rabbit
            • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

And once again diminishing returns,
            This is important.

While Enkidu has 1000 years more than Menele or Kemintiri, he isn't stronger. And while Art Morgan is twice as old as Xaviar, he isn't more powerful. On the other hand, while De Polonia is barely 500 years old, he is strong as a 1000 years old vampire like Moncada.
            Vampires do not have a true linear progression of power, they work more in "tier" than anything else.

Comment

Do you think Vasilisa was really a child vampire or was she an inhuman monster who used the form of a child to get close to Baba Yaga? Keep in mind that Vasilisa was the pretty but innocent heroine in The Firebird (a Russian fairy tale). Sorry for any typos I’m a little buzzed tonight.

Comment

• LogothétÄ“s
                • Aug 2019

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                Do you think Vasilisa was really a child vampire or was she an inhuman monster who used the form of a child to get close to Baba Yaga? Keep in mind that Vasilisa was the pretty but innocent heroine in The Firebird (a Russian fairy tale). Sorry for any typos I’m a little buzzed tonight.

It is mentioned in the fluff that she/it used to be a male child who murdered his family and many of his fellow villagers before Absimilliard turned her/it. Now it can pretty much look like whatever it likes.

Comment

• blackshade
                  • Aug 2018

We don’t mean the puppy 3rd gen like Auggy and Tremere we mean some of the 3rd gen were embraced hundreds if not thousands of years apart and its implied Abby is probably one of the earlier ones and folks like Sutekh and maybe others were embraced later possible even after the deluge.

And once again diminishing returns, Age doesn’t mean constant super improvement, it’s likely many that survive go through cycles of their power growth plateauing as they stagnate and unless awakened to change, like by eating papa or almost getting eaten or finding kinda love they may not be really make much headway in their 8th thousand year compared to their first couple thousand years or first century.
                  There are diminishing returns on age however being 7000 or 14000 years is a huge difference. Vasilisa was clearly writen to be the more powerful vampire. So diminishing returns really doesnt apply in this case.

We dont know the age difference between antes. We only know for certain that Augustus and Tremere are the youngest followed by Troile. Set could come next however it is just as likely that his date of embrace is wrong. Also Set is considered to be one of the most powerful antes. So he is not really a fair comparison. Most of the antes (if not all) are weaker then him.
                  Last edited by blackshade; 01-18-2020, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Eldagusto
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2013

You kind of weakened your case... :P

Comment

• blackshade
                      • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post

This is important.

While Enkidu has 1000 years more than Menele or Kemintiri, he isn't stronger. And while Art Morgan is twice as old as Xaviar, he isn't more powerful. On the other hand, while De Polonia is barely 500 years old, he is strong as a 1000 years old vampire like Moncada.
                      Vampires do not have a true linear progression of power, they work more in "tier" than anything else.
                      there is difference in being 500/1000 years old or 7000/14.000 years old. In both cases one is twice as old as the other. but there is an absolute difference of 500 years and 7000 years. But i agree diminishing returns is a thing.

Last edited by blackshade; 01-18-2020, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• blackshade
                        • Aug 2018

You kind of weakened your case... :P

How do you figure. if you are talking about Set being younger and perhaps stronger then the rest of them. Remember he probably ate apep. i bet that juiced him up by a lot and like i said his embrace date could be wrong.
                        Last edited by blackshade; 01-18-2020, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• Saga
                          • Dec 2013

What I mean is Vas jumps into Baba as evil goo, and tries to tear her up from inside, but Baba Yaga activates her trap card which transmutes both of their souls into a new being, ideally more Baba then Vas but she was uncertain how much of each Soul would compose the new child. But for her it was a gambit worth taking.

This new being would be a really interesting addition to the Vampire canon. Both formerly being from russian folklore and now being something else entirely.

- Saga

Comment

• Eldagusto
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2013

This new being would be a really interesting addition to the Vampire canon. Both formerly being from russian folklore and now being something else entirely.

- Saga
                            I always find miracle children interesting! Like the reincarnated Dhampir Set, and that one Wight baby fetus.

Comment

• Saga
                              • Dec 2013

I always find miracle children interesting! Like the reincarnated Dhampir Set, and that one Wight baby fetus.
                              You mean Aisha's child? Wasn't it supposed to be the reincarnation of the Sleeping Lord (5th Followers of Set), from Gehenna's introduction?

- Saga

Comment

• Eldagusto
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2013

You mean Aisha's child? Wasn't it supposed to be the reincarnation of the Sleeping Lord (5th Followers of Set), from Gehenna's introduction?

- Saga
                                I forgot, was that it? Was it the child born with red hair?

Comment

Working...