How would you stat Vasilisa?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post
    She is the fourth highest statted vampire ever (the first 3 are Huxtli, Japhet and Kemintiri).
    To be honest I always think the power of Huitzilpochtlii mainly comes from outside force, aka. making pacts with powerful demons. His stats is really explosive, nearly a true Antes level (Well, but he is the Antes of Baali)

And the Shadow Curtain was one of the most impressive feat of magic ever accomplished, true Archmage level.
    We are not talking about breaking a curse, casting one, or causing the erruption of a volcano. We are talking of isolating the biggest country on heart, in the Umbra and in the material world alike.
    Well, in my opinion, just in my opinion, I think shadow curtain is a big and simple feat, but not difficult one... you mainly need massive successes to pull it, but archspheres? Not that demanding, many Mastery may be need

And causing the eruption of volcano is a Force 5 effect

*Additionally, one of the mage biggest feats about vampires may be the Yi’s curse on wan gui. He laid a curse on gui ren, making them vulnerable to sun permanently...

Comment

I thought that the Shadow Curtain had been created by a coven of Mage mages "empowered" by Baba...wasn't it?.

IDK if AS impressive as doing it alone, but that would be a feat in itself. Empowering a small group of relatively ordinary mages to cast such a big spell would likely require more than just providing blood as Quintessence (not just area of effect, but it's overall efficiency and the fact it wasn't immediately dispelled by annoyed parties shows a lot of mystical 'oomph'.). Not many vampires have such understanding and command over the powers of other splats.
      Last edited by Aleph; 01-29-2020, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Mexico City By NIght

Huitzilpochtli was still immense, but substantially weakened from hunger. His herd was starving or dying of smallpox, thinning the potency of their vitae. It didn't take Cortés long to force Tenochtitlàn into submission. In the following week, the Spaniards and their allies ransacked the city, slaughering two thirds of its 200.000 inhabitants. Likewise, the pack used ghouls to set Huitzilpochtli temple ablaze during the day; Tlaloc, now reconnected with fresh water supplies after Cortés reopened several aqueducts, summoned a rain shower to douse the blaze and flood the city, thus allowing him to escape into the lake, where he vanisehd. The fire hurt Huitzilpochtli enough to send him into torpor, however, leaving the leviathan Cainite at the mercy of the Nigrum Tirste. The pack claims it tooke them four whole nights just to stake and diablerize the so called hmmingbird god. Despite this, they never uncovered his nature

All I can say is, Shaitan did a top notch job of Dominate on this bunch of loggerheads.....
        Last edited by Gangrel44; 04-30-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah that was the thing! It was clearly a lie right because he was still alive, and was a tall demonic batdemon guy not a fat blood ogre?!

But I was always tempted to just have him use the level 9 Daimonion to say he merged with an Earthbound and is Ante level + from it.

Also remember you are given the levels of Baba's disciplines but clearly she has more points then that because her Sorcery has many redundant levels known and I wager her Presence and Obfuscate also has multiple alternate powers. I put her at Ur-Shulgi Shaitan level. And in my head she was greater then Vasilisa, but Vasilisa was also a murder machine that needed careful handling.

And taking the books at face value early on when I read it, Vas by the Gehenna options would also have that whole Avatar of Absimiliard powers where if you give yourself to your Ante you can channel your clan disciplines one level higher... so essentially using level ten disciplines for someone limited to level 9 normally.

But I would have it there is more to it then that.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by HardestadtTheEvenYounger View Post
            Personally, I think that the biggest question that Vasilisa raises is, how ha Absimilliard not won the Jyhad yet?
            The Wiki gives him 9 other loyal Nicktuku. If they are all just half as strong as Vasilisa, they should be hunting down Antediluvians, not his own clan.

Not to mention the unbelievable mental Disciplines he should have access to in order to control childer this powerful. The Bond only goes so far, as the Anarch Rebellion demonstrated.
            Well, I don't think its all fun and games in the family. The stories go that he embraced them to help take down the Second Generation, so he knows exactly what happens when the childer get out of control. So do they. From their embrace, they were created to kill their elders.

I don't think he wants to use them to take out other Antediluvians. Or else Arikel would have had a pack of them coming at her. But if he sent them at other Antes, he'd run the risk of one of them diablerizing the target and possibly shattering his hold. And about that hold...if he has ten of them, then every time he adds a bit of age, they add ten times as much in total. They may have gotten harder and harder to control every year for a very long time now. If he has to use more and more power to keep his own dogs under control, it would explain both why he seems less powerful than others of his age and generation, and why he isn't getting anywhere with exterminating his clan.

I would speculate that he has stunted their mental growth. Low mentals, little willpower, almost no independent initiative permitted. (Which would give another reason why Vasilisa had to attach herself to players.) Which would mean that unlike all the other ancient things they may be no smarter than players. And... he is not a Dominate kind of guy. Animalism is his best discipline. Which leads one to speculate... it is said he used other than human stock to embrace the Nicktuku. Its been assumed that meant things like Fera or Bygones. But... Aabbt kindred? Just a thought.

At the same time, other Antediluvians may stay away from him in the Jyhad due to the potential threat they percieve from a full pack of pre-curse-of-weakening-blood kindred. And the fact that he does not seem to be playing the same game as they are, with his face and killing his clan. From their viewpoint, he is over there, doing his own thing and with allies that might actually be dangerous. The only motive he has that seems to engage him in the Jyhad is killing Arikel, and probably only Arikel objects to that goal.

So he can't kill them off because that would lose him his primary deterrent against his peers. And they grow harder and harder to hold...

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

Well then some surmise. We already had talks of Abby encountering Mammoths and Sabertooths in his mortal days.
              Look up Gobekli Tepe in Turkey......More than enough to support the claim of Vasilisa's age....

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel44 View Post

Look up Gobekli Tepe in Turkey......More than enough to support the claim of Vasilisa's age....
                I know of Gobeki Tepi, so many podcasters and you tubers cover it. I don’t have a problem with Vas’ age , just how she was handled. She was just a mortal without scrupples, in my opinion her power should have plateaued. While Baba Yaga was a magical prodigy.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Mexico City By NIght

t didn't take Cortés long to force Tenochtitlàn into submission. In the following week, the Spaniards and their allies ransacked the city, slaughering two thirds of its 200.000 inhabitants. Likewise, the pack used ghouls to set Huitzilpochtli temple ablaze during the day; Tlaloc, now reconnected with fresh water supplies after Cortés reopened several aqueducts, summoned a rain shower to douse the blaze and flood the city, thus allowing him to escape into the lake, where he vanisehd. The fire hurt Huitzilpochtli enough to send him into torpor, however, leaving the leviathan Cainite at the mercy of the Nigrum Tirste. The pack claims it tooke them four whole nights just to stake and diablerize the so called hmmingbird god. Despite this, they never uncovered his nature
                  Huitzilpochtli laired more than 100 miles from Mexico City, surrounded by the hearts of childer who had disappointed him. It sounds more probable that this was another of his childer, driven into torpor by the fire and sinking into the lake. We may assume that he had childer who did not disappoint him, and the location and power level sounds about right for an old spawn of his.

Comment

This is only my opinion, but I think the only reason why Baba Yaga was statted as a Vampire instead of a Mage is that Rage Across Russia was published before the first edition Mage: The Ascension rulebook.

Comment

I've toyed with the idea of treating her as a living, immortal witch in the manner of the Hellboy reboot, with all the scuttlebutt about her being a methuselah vampire just having gotten it wrong. The Brujah council in charge of Russia's political landscape gets rooted out and deposed or destroyed practically overnight by an ancient supernatural force? Must be a methuselah!
                      Last edited by Matt the Bruins fan; 05-01-2020, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reasor View Post
                        This is only my opinion, but I think the only reason why Baba Yaga was statted as a Vampire instead of a Mage is that Rage Across Russia was published before the first edition Mage: The Ascension rulebook.
                        Rage Across Russia refers Mage several times and has a named Mage npc

Comment

Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
                          Rage Across Russia refers Mage several times and has a named Mage npc

Yeah, when Rage Across Russia came out Mage the Ascension was just about to be published (just a few months later). So its concept were already quite developed.
                          Rage across Russia has several reference to the Technocracy (p.24, 38,39,86)

To the Celestial Chorus (38-39,86, 93).

To the Verbena (p38-39, 93)

At page 93 there is even a full statted Verbena

Tamara Andreeva

Nature/Demeanor: Visionary/ Fanatic

Essence: Dynamic
                          Tradition: Verbena
                          Attributes: Strenght 2, Dexterity 3, Stamina 3, Charisma 4, Manipulation 4, Appearance 3, Perception 2, Intelligence 2, Wits 3
                          Abilities: Alertness 3, Athletics 2, Brawl 2, Dodge 1, Expression 4, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge 4, Animal Ken 1, Drive 2, Firearms 3, Leadership 3, Stealth 2, Survival 3; Herbalism 3, Linguistics 3 (russian, Enghlish, French) Medicine 2, Occult 4 (Verbena magick), Politics 1, Rituals 2 (Russian Verbena)
                          Background: Allies 3,Avatar 2, Contacts 3
                          Spheres: Correspondence 2, Force 3, Life 3, Prime 1, Spirit 2
                          Willpwoer : 7
                          Arete: 4
                          Quintessence: 10
                          Paradox: 6

While it's true that Mage the Ascension wasn't on the shelves when Rage across Russia came out, it was be published just a couple months later. All the main concepts of Mage were already developed and defined by then; the only thing that wasn't ready was the printed book itself, not its content.

Comment

I'm happy to stand corrected!

(I still think she should have been a Mage.)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                              I've toyed with the idea of treating her as a living, immortal witch in the manner of the Hellboy reboot, with all the scuttlebutt about her being a methuselah vampire just having gotten it wrong. The Brujah council in charge of Russia's political landscape gets rooted out and deposed or destroyed practically overnight by an ancient supernatural force? Must be a methuselah!

Truth be told, last i STed something inspired by Rage Across Russia i completely cut Baba Yaga, made the "armies" into different groups of warlords that either toppled the Brujah council or joined the power struggle as the strife went overboard. While there is something like the Shadow Curtain, no one know for sure which of the warlords is behind it, if any and there's the possibility of the whole thing being the colateral or even intended result of some major secret experiment/weapon of the Council gone awry in their absence, among other sweet, delicious messes of my "Russia by Night" setting.

Comment

Working...
                              X