Any Mongolians on here that can lend me a hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Mongolians on here that can lend me a hand

Hey peepz...The Anda bloodline sucks, so I have attempted to rewrite them to make them less sucky.

I made them into a two caste bloodline: The Sons of Tenger and the Daughters of Etugen.

One representative of the Eternal Blue Sky and the Mongol ideals surrounding masculinity and being warriors.

The other representative of Mother Earth and the feminine ideal of managing the tribes/the family and ensuring that everything works smoothly.

That being the one-sentence concept for each, I wanted some Mongolian peepz to look over what I wrote to ensure it is not racist.

Surf the posts back a few months. There was a lot of talk about it earlier. You’ll find ideas and people on there.

Comment

I'm not Mongolian, but I can recommend the book Empire of The Steppes by René Grousset. It's a bit of a long read, since there are some very dry periods and he uses the old Wade Giles system of Latinizing Chinese characters, but it's still a great read with lots of epic battles. One thing most people ignore is that a lot of Mongols were Nestorian Christians. They were a Gnostic sect of Christianity that spread Eastward since the Catholic Church was persecuting them in the West. It's partially responsible for the Prester John stories in Asia. Hulagu Kahn's mother and wife were both Nestorians and as the story goes that's the reason he spared the Christians in the churches in when he sacked Baghdad. That certainly has some potential for interesting stories with the Nestorians interacting with the Anda.

Comment

Well, statistically, there are few actual Mongolians on the internet and fewer, if any, familiar with OWoD; I would suggest just going to a Mongolian-history forum and do research; find a, "Day in the Life in the Mongol Empire", book.

And let us know; I am thinking of creating a Mongolian-city map for AD&D:OA; however, that map could easily be used for OWoD.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguazu View Post
          Well, statistically, there are few actual Mongolians on the internet and fewer, if any, familiar with OWoD; I would suggest just going to a Mongolian-history forum and do research; find a, "Day in the Life in the Mongol Empire", book.

And let us know; I am thinking of creating a Mongolian-city map for AD&D:OA; however, that map could easily be used for OWoD.
          And fewer still if they are pratictioners of Tengrism and experts in medieval aspects of the faith and culture. You’ll find most places aren’t the same as their medieval counterparts.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
          X