Telyavel - a Tzimisce?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Why do you think a Tzimisce methuselah could not have the juice to empower Qarakh against a Ventrue methuselah? Seems feasible to me, specially if the 4th gen ain't really that old nor a combat monster (for his tier, younger kindred would definitely disagree), as has been my overall impression of Alexander...

That said, i'm personally much more in favor of Telyav being a spirit of the land, much like Kupala and others, than a vampire.

Bylebog doesnt seem that impressive to me. Didn't he get diablerized by Lugoj? Lugoj didn't get juiced up by some ancient being. If he had the kind of power to boost Qarakh, a fledgling at the time, to defeat a Methuselah then he would have certainly found a way out of his predictement with Lugoj.

I also have to admit that my impressions of Alexander is more positief then most. I believe he was a great combatant and general and got handed a raw deal. Enemies conspiring against him in France and a vengeful god like creature determined to destroy him. If not for telyavel, i believe he would retaken his throne and probably would have been Prince of Paris in the modern nights.

Comment

Originally posted by blackshade View Post

Bylebog doesnt seem that impressive to me. Didn't he get diablerized by Lugoj? Lugoj didn't get juiced up by some ancient being. If he had the kind of power to boost Qarakh, a fledgling at the time, to defeat a Methuselah then he would have certainly found a way out of his predictement with Lugoj.
      Remember Mithras, the cavalcade of Garou and Monty Coven? Well, something similar, except involving a band of teutonic knights with lots of True Faith, happened to him before Lugoj pounced in.

I also have to admit that my impressions of Alexander is more positief then most. I believe he was a great combatant and general and got handed a raw deal. Enemies conspiring against him in France and a vengeful god like creature determined to destroy him. If not for telyavel, i believe he would retaken his throne and probably would have been Prince of Paris in the modern nights.
      I'm not saying he's weak or anything, it's just a matter of scale overall - as i said, actual Ventrue methuselah could turn the minds of any one kindred court to mulch if anyone thought themselves capable of backing it against a wall. His behaviour, dealings and limitations speak of Alexander being a methuselah in name only, at least to me. But then i feel the same about many of DAV's so called methuselahs, most of them are just elders counting"long nap years" along with their active times to make themselves look big.
      Last edited by Baaldam; 09-16-2020, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vysha View Post
        There's actual precedence of kindred posing as or being confused for mythological deities. Set himself comes to mind as the most obvious example. There was a Dark Ages book with plenty of kindred taking on mythological viking names and/or roles. Kindred posing as gods is well established, regardless of the existence of actual spirit-gods.
        There's a decent argument that neither Set nor Mithras are posing as gods but were gods that were Embraced.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

There's a decent argument that neither Set nor Mithras are posing as gods but were gods that were Embraced.

There is? I thought the consensus was they are vampires posing as gods. I mean who could embrace a god? How would such a thing happen?

Comment

There is? I thought the consensus was they are vampires posing as gods. I mean who could embrace a god? How would such a thing happen?
            Mithras' revised backstory in THE FALL OF LONDON and CULTS OF THE BLOOD GODS pretty much establishes that Mithras considers the vampire portion of his supernatural status to be only part of it. He was a Sun God in life, yes he was Embraced, but that's not the important part.

Whether it's true or not, he certainly believes it.

Ditto apparently Set who fully was a human being as well as a god.

I don't honestly see any problem with it myself. If gods walk the Earth, the Curse of Caine can be spread to them.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Working...
            X