Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Methuselah Lazarus the same as the Biblical Lazarus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Methuselah Lazarus the same as the Biblical Lazarus?

Or is he another Cainite with the same name? I’ve been told that Lazarus is just the Latin version of the Hebrew name Eliezer.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Probably not but you never know.

Same with Helena being the Illiad's Helena.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

That’s what I thought. Thanks. Is it true that Lazarus was the progenitor of the Lamiae bloodline?

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
        That’s what I thought. Thanks. Is it true that Lazarus was the progenitor of the Lamiae bloodline?

Yes it was, and for some reason Lazarus decided to resurrect the bloodline for the family reunion (V5). Very suspicious.

Comment

Fascinating. Thank you.

Comment

Or is he another Cainite with the same name?
            Or it could be that the Lazarus-relevant parts of the anonymous accounts that became the four Gospels were actually about the vampire Lazarus.

Comment

TheCountAlucard but Lazarus Embraced the founder of the Lamiae, and the Lamiae were around in the Mythic Age of Greece, long before the time of Jesus. Doesn’t that mean that the Methuselah Lazarus can’t possibly be the same Lazarus from the Gospels?

Not arguing with you. I’m genuinely curious. I love history.

Comment

Ohhhhhhh

I get it!!!

You mean what if Lazarus from the Gospels was actually a vampire.

Hmmmm. Maybe.

I think the beloved disciple from the Gospel of John was actually Mary Magdalen, but I’m not sure if that’s relevant.

Comment

You mean what if Lazarus from the Gospels was actually a vampire.
                  Well, in Vampire: the Masquerade, anyway. It's much more likely that Lazarus from the Gospels was just, like, a dude. Maybe some people mistook him for dead, and Yeshua came by and "resurrected" him with some quick CPR, and in the decades that passed between the time Yeshua the itinerant rabbi was supposedly alive and the time that people bothered to write the oral traditions down, the story got embellished and exaggerated until he'd been dead for three days.

​But, y'know, if Lazarus had been a Cainite who'd fallen into torpor and Jesus brought him around again with some blood, that's about as probable as the account in Luke being factually true.

Comment

I believe it. I’m not a Christian, but for every action there’s a reaction. For every Goddess there’s a God. I believe that the Abrahamic God exists. He’s just not the god I worship.

Anyway, Imma go watch The Bachelor. Thanks for helping me figure this out.

Comment

I believe that the Abrahamic God exists.
                      Then he's got a lot to answer for; either he's said some absolutely horrible, vile things, or he needs an object lesson in who he lets speak for him.

Anyway, Imma go watch The Bachelor. Thanks for helping me figure this out.
                      No problem.

Comment

I don't think Lazarus is the Biblical Lazarus, but if he were well, if any of the Antediluvians were going to find the guy who died and was resurrected and turn him into a vampire, I think Cappadocius would be the first in line.

Comment

TheCountAlucard true, but the New Testament isn’t really that bad. Fornication (hooking up) is only criticized once in a laundry list of like twenty other relatively minor sins, while adultery (cheating) is condemned in all four Gospels. Unfortunately, the patriarchy completely distorts what Jesus actually said to the point where it’s totally unrecognizable.

Comment

true, but the New Testament isn’t really that bad.
                            It's where we get the notion of hell in its entirety.

​Well, that and the Apocalypse of Peter apocrypha.

​But point is, before that, Old Testament didn't really have much to say about what happens after you die (you "lie with your fathers"). Moreover, Jesus had every opportunity to take back some of the things his dad said, and didn't - he specifically says that not a jot or a tiddle of the old laws (including the rules about stoning people to death for being gay or having been too traumatized to scream while being raped, the laws defining how you can own humans and the extent to which you can beat the humans you own, or the stricture against menstruating women or people with crushed genitals getting to be around God) will pass away before heaven and earth do.

​It's also in the New Testament where Paul tells slaves to obey their masters, even the cruel ones; and women to be silent in church, and if they have questions, to talk it out with their husbands after.

Unfortunately, the patriarchy completely distorts what Jesus actually said to the point where it’s totally unrecognizable.
                            Sure, but if your argument is, "We can't even recognize what Jesus actually said because it's so distorted," then why does it matter if the New Testament is less bad than the Old?
                            Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 01-20-2020, 10:42 PM.

Comment

TheCountAlucard my friend is an evangelical minister and he told me that the coming of Jesus abolished all of the old laws except for the Ten Commandments. (Granted, he doesn’t actually know I’m a witch, but still.)

I agree with you that Christianity is badly flawed. That’s why I’m not Christian. I’m just saying that if you get rid of some of the more extreme passages (the one about menstruating women is pretty bad, but I don’t even know anyone with crushed genitals...), the central tenets of the New Testament (Love thy neighbor) is not that bad.

If this triggers you for real we don’t have to talk about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X