[V5] Let the Streets Run Red - What we know

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [V5] Let the Streets Run Red - What we know

I noticed that LTSRR is actually possessed of its own advertisement in the back of Chicago by Night unlike The Chicago Folio.

It's also apparently a full 250-300 page supplement.

There's a suburban Chicago, Milwaukee/Indianapolis, rural Illinois, and Gary, Indiana campaign.

I'm super excited for this one and we're finally closing in on the release.

Plus, we have this preview of its contents.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Where are these previews? I can't seem to find them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithras304 View Post
      Where are these previews? I can't seem to find them?
      The only preview we have so far is the chapter list.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

The only preview we have so far is the chapter list.
        Ah ok, I thought that was something they shared on google drive or something.

Comment

Anyone really anxious to get this book because of the corona-virus shutdown? I really am looking forward to its contents because I hope it'll give my gaming group something to distract itself from during the crisis.

GARY, INDIANA is a place that I look forward to visiting again too.

Comment

Totally looking forward to it. I miss playing my Tremere (Charity).

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

What I THINK can be found in the book from all the sources (i.e. Matthew Dawkins tidbits on Twitter and in interviews) I can accumulate. Some of this may be inaccurate and, if so, please forgive me.

0. This is a Chronicle supplement with 4 full-sized chronicles similar to The Sacrifice set in the Chicago and surrounding area.

1. Power Prey is a game set in the Chicago suburbs. I don't know what that one is going to be about but I'm anxious to find out. I could be mixing this up with Innocence in Blood, though as I don't know which is which.

2. The Dying Fields: Is a Chronicle where the player characters go to the middle of nowhere in Illinois and they proceed to encounter a weird cult where Kindred serve. It's going to be sort of an American version of The Wicker Man or Midsommar I think. Or maybe that Supernatural episode in the 1st season where they sacrificed people to a scarecrow god. I'm really excited about this one, I've got to tell you.

3. Innocence in Blood is the one I believe to be about revisiting Milwaukee and visiting Indianapolis. Mark Decker is now the Prince of Milwaukee and runs a ruthless police state that has all but wiped out the Anarchs in his city as well as abolished the Primogen. Indianapolis, by contrast, is a Church of Caine run Anarch domain with the Ministry being the powers behind the throne. Some fascinating characters too.

4. Rusted Jungle: The one that everyone is looking forward to. The Gary Chronicle. We've heard that it will bring back Modius, Juggler, Allicia, and Evelyn. It's also some kind of mystery and I'm eager to see how it updates the setting to 2020.

5. Maxwell and Eletria's fates will be discussed in this book.

6. The book size is apparently something like 260 or so pages, which is a fairly large full-sized supplement.

7. It's going to be available via PRINT ON DEMAND despite the restrictions imposed by Modiphius and thus will be able to go on people's bookshelves.

8. We will be receiving some more Loresheets and I'm eagerly hoping it'll include some Gary ones (but we knew that). It almost certainly will have some Milwaukee ones.

Comment

Is it just me or is anyone else dying for this book due to the quarantine?

Maybe they'll give us a sample to tide us over.

Comment

Even more than this, I'm craving the V5 Player's Guide. It has new powers and advantages in it, right? That's going to open up a whole new realm of customization options. Plus I'm dying to see the Tzimisce and Ravnos officially present in V5. I know they said it would be sometime between March and Gencon at the end of July and I really hope that the quarantine incentivizes them to release it faster, rather than slowing that production down. Especially since it was originally due last Christmas, right?

Comment

Originally posted by IllithidActivity View Post
                    Even more than this, I'm craving the V5 Player's Guide. It has new powers and advantages in it, right? That's going to open up a whole new realm of customization options. Plus I'm dying to see the Tzimisce and Ravnos officially present in V5. I know they said it would be sometime between March and Gencon at the end of July and I really hope that the quarantine incentivizes them to release it faster, rather than slowing that production down. Especially since it was originally due last Christmas, right?

Tzimisce are, at best, an outside chance, you wont see Ravnos.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post

Tzimisce are, at best, an outside chance, you wont see Ravnos.
                      I thought the entire point of the Player's Guide was to collect all 13 clans? And that the reason it was being delayed was specifically because they were figuring out how they wanted to write Tzimisce and Ravnos?

Comment

Originally posted by IllithidActivity View Post

I thought the entire point of the Player's Guide was to collect all 13 clans? And that the reason it was being delayed was specifically because they were figuring out how they wanted to write Tzimisce and Ravnos?
                        The Ravnos has apparently been cut completely from the setting and are now Caitiff.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

The Ravnos has apparently been cut completely from the setting and are now Caitiff.
                          Is that actively confirmed or is that just speculation from the Chicago Folio having the ex-Ravnos? Because the core book does reference Ravnos remnants still being around and being able to create grand illusions, via the Week of Nightmares Loresheet.

Comment

I believe it's been confirmed that Ravnos will not be in the Player's Guide—not because they're retconned out of existence, but because White Wolf nixed Modi's writeup of them and wouldn't let it be published.

Comment

Maybe the reason why some Ravnos have become Caitiff is because they were too far away from their Antediluvian when it was destroyed and they just metaphysically couldn't maintain their identity as Ravnos because of it.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that there's an Ashirra book in the works, and White Wolf wants to save the Ravnos for that book at this rate.

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

Working...
                              X