[V5] Let the Streets Run Red - What we know

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I am going to make a guess that it's going to be another example of the Drowned.

Lots of seeds have been dropped since their introduction in Beckett's Jyhad Diary.

I'd be especially impressed if it turned out to be Mictlantecuhtli, having escaped the events of Diablerie: Britain.
    I bloody love mictlantecuhtli; and diablerie mexico was one of the first vampíre books i've evr read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      I bloody love mictlantecuhtli; and diablerie mexico was one of the first vampíre books i've evr read.
      I admit, he seems like a character way too big to die at the hands of some random Anarchs.

Also, statistically, he would have survived them if they didn't bring AKs or M16s.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I admit, he seems like a character way too big to die at the hands of some random Anarchs.

Also, statistically, he would have survived them if they didn't bring AKs or M16s.
        do you think the ritual of the biutter rose still exists in 2020?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
          do you think the ritual of the biutter rose still exists in 2020?
          I don't think there's any reason not to. It's still the same level of use and presumably everyone would lose a point of humanity this time. I don't think that anyone would be possessed, though.

I also wouldn't limit it to 4th generation vampires like Diablerie: Britain tried to do.

Edit:

*fingers crossed* Let's hope White Wolf finishes reading through the manuscript this week.
          Last edited by CTPhipps; 10-08-2020, 12:48 AM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Well, he has a ritual (puissant shield) that allows him, by simply blowing on his amulet, to create a kinetic shield that stops bullets. So even with assault rifles....

At the time, one of my players wanted to equip himself with a heavy weapon when he went to Tijuana. I provided him with a flame lance (vicious), he only used it once before reaching his refuge and didn't try his luck afterwards...

There was no chance that he was killed by young vampires.

Comment

• Well, it's back and going out to backers in the next day!

Given 2020, I fully expect to die in the next day before I can read it.

Comment

• If you backed Chicago, you should now have the PDF for Let the Streets Run Red!

Matthew Dawkins
                In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

• It's so...beautiful.

Comment

It's so...beautiful.

Great one!

Comment

• Reading now.

As usual, this is an amazing quality product.

Also, Matthew Dawkins' end note on the Gary adventure had me squeeing.

SULLIVAN DANE IS ALIVE!

Edit:

I look forward to doing a Where I Read of this but I suspect I'll wait until it's out on DriveThru RPG.
                      Last edited by CTPhipps; 10-08-2020, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Reading now.

As usual, this is an amazing quality product.

Also, Matthew Dawkins' end note on the Gary adventure had me squeeing.

SULLIVAN DANE IS ALIVE!

Edit:

I look forward to doing a Where I Read of this but I suspect I'll wait until it's out on DriveThru RPG.
                        Probably wise, as some people will want to avoid spoilers until they can buy it.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

• Does that (the cover image) mean approval was granted and the book will be released soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Probably wise, as some people will want to avoid spoilers until they can buy it.
                            Oh and an apology for nagging you and the other creators about this book for...two years.

It's a beautiful creation, I mean that. I intend to run every one of these. Thanks to all your writers and the artists. Lots and lots of thoughts for the review.

I'm going to buy this when it's available on DriveThru RPG as well, JUST so I can leave a review.

I wonder if they changed Michael the Malkavian's name to Charlie to avoid confusion with the Toreador Methuselah.
                            Last edited by CTPhipps; 10-08-2020, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
                              Does that (the cover image) mean approval was granted and the book will be released soon?
                              The book has gone out to backers of Chicago by Night and will be on sale after errata is collated and added.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

Oh and an apology for nagging you and the other creators about this book for...two years.

It's a beautiful creation, I mean that. I intend to run every one of these. Thanks to all your writers and the artists. Lots and lots of thoughts for the review.

I'm going to buy this when it's available on DriveThru RPG as well, JUST so I can leave a review.

I wonder if they changed Michael the Malkavian's name to Charlie to avoid confusion with the Toreador Methuselah.
                                I'm not sure which Michael you mean. We didn't change any names on account of Constantinople by Night's Michael.

Matthew Dawkins

Comment

Working...
                                X