Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[V5] Let the Streets Run Red - What we know

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ruthven View Post
    Wow, already out of Errata? That's smoking fast. Very, very pleased with this book. Chicago By Night was my first Kickstarter for an rpg. Worth every penny. Onyx Path set the standard for city sourcebooks and supporting material with Chicago.
    It's still being collected. I submitted an apparently typo an hour or two ago. They keep it open for I think two weeks so there's another week left or so.

    Comment


    • Ronald Bog is amazing

      Ronald Bog (the Ready-Made Caitiff) is one of the most endearing VtM characters I've seen. Bond Resistance due to the love he still holds for his dead wife and being a grandpa with teenagers as an Enemy flaw gave me a heartwarming smile. The grandparents in this book giving me all the feels.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by zahana View Post
        It's still being collected. I submitted an apparently typo an hour or two ago. They keep it open for I think two weeks so there's another week left or so.
        Thanks for the correction!


        Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by zahana View Post
          Ronald Bog is amazing

          Ronald Bog (the Ready-Made Caitiff) is one of the most endearing VtM characters I've seen. Bond Resistance due to the love he still holds for his dead wife and being a grandpa with teenagers as an Enemy flaw gave me a heartwarming smile. The grandparents in this book giving me all the feels.
          He is a great character!


          Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

          Comment


          • Something that sort of bugged me.

            Gabriella is listed in both The Chicago Folios and in Let the Streets Run Red. The difference is that in TCF it's just her stat block while LtSRR has her background and stat block. Having the stat block listed in both just seems a bit odd to me, but it does make sense to not have to use both books.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by zahana View Post
              Something that sort of bugged me.

              Gabriella is listed in both The Chicago Folios and in Let the Streets Run Red. The difference is that in TCF it's just her stat block while LtSRR has her background and stat block. Having the stat block listed in both just seems a bit odd to me, but it does make sense to not have to use both books.
              I confess, I was really curious about Gabrielle and wanted her whole story in TCF!


              Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

              Comment


              • Is there any news from the Carlyle's Anarchs and also from Yaryan ?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Richard View Post
                  Is there any news from the Carlyle's Anarchs and also from Yaryan ?
                  There's little tidbits here and there that the writers have put out for the fates of the missing CBN Kindred.

                  1. Andrei was killed by Annabelle alongside Tammy by framing them for crimes they didn't commit. I choose to believe Andrei said she was bougey once (CBN page 185).

                  2. Victoria Longwood was staked by Damien and she's still in torpor (CBN page 64)

                  3. No word on Carlyle. I'm assuming that he probably was part of Kevin Jackson's crackdown on the Anarchs in Chicago.

                  4. Similarly, no word on Yaryan.

                  We do get information on the following Kindred and Kine:


                  * Prince Decker
                  * All of the Anubi
                  * Parovich
                  * Victor the Tremere from MbN
                  * Eletria
                  * Maxwell
                  * Evelyn Stephens
                  * Gregory Stephens
                  * Allicia
                  * Modius
                  * Juggler
                  * Lucian
                  * Danov
                  * Michael ("Charlie")
                  * Walter Nash
                  * Sullivan Dane
                  Last edited by CTPhipps; 10-16-2020, 03:10 AM.


                  Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by zahana View Post
                    Something that sort of bugged me.

                    Gabriella is listed in both The Chicago Folios and in Let the Streets Run Red. The difference is that in TCF it's just her stat block while LtSRR has her background and stat block. Having the stat block listed in both just seems a bit odd to me, but it does make sense to not have to use both books.
                    It's better to do that than republish full biographies across multiple books. One is full, the other condensed.


                    Matthew Dawkins
                    In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing


                    Website: https://www.matthewdawkins.com
                    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

                    Comment


                    • It's hard to say who my favorite character of the NPCs are or which is my favorite is. All of them are really entertaining.

                      1. Gabrielle
                      2. Keisha Phelps
                      3. Allicia and Evelyn Stephens

                      I think the sample characters are all excellent with the middle school teacher being my favorite.


                      I think that a "take a third option" for the Innocence in Blood adventure was needed, though. Like, "We should really introduce Honor to some Anarchs who aren't evil cultists." Pissing off Indianapolis is something that Anita probably wouldn't do but it seems like there's room for another way out.

                      Mind you, making an enemy of BOTH Decker and Kesha is what makes it a perfect vampire ending. There's options to do the right thing--but it will always SUCK.



                      Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

                        There's little tidbits here and there that the writers have put out for the fates of the missing CBN Kindred.

                        1. Andrei was killed by Annabelle alongside Tammy by framing them for crimes they didn't commit. I choose to believe Andrei said she was bougey once (CBN page 185).

                        2. Victoria Longwood was staked by Damien and she's still in torpor (CBN page 64)

                        3. No word on Carlyle. I'm assuming that he probably was part of Kevin Jackson's crackdown on the Anarchs in Chicago.

                        4. Similarly, no word on Yaryan.

                        We do get information on the following Kindred and Kine:


                        * Prince Decker
                        * All of the Anubi
                        * Parovich
                        * Victor the Tremere from MbN
                        * Eletria
                        * Maxwell
                        * Evelyn Stephens
                        * Gregory Stephens
                        * Allicia
                        * Modius
                        * Juggler
                        * Lucian
                        * Danov
                        * Michael ("Charlie")
                        * Walter Nash
                        * Sullivan Dane

                        I have so many questions about the Milwaukee Kindred (though that may just be because I'm from the area and setting my own chronicle there) but here are the things that immediately come to mind:


                        1. Who's even in the Anubi these nights? The only names I remember seeing mentioned in the old Milwaukee by Night are Julia Calvin (who you've already says plays a big roll in one of the adventures) and Thomas Gerhieren (who was promoted to Alastor if I'm reading the wiki correctly). Have any of the members of the Blood Brothers, the Union, or Parovich's Brood signed on to fight the Lupines?

                        2. I thought Victor the Tremere died when they arrested Carna? Or at least he was heavily implied to have?

                        Comment


                        • Milwaukee really does get an excellent micro-sourcebook here. I feel like it has all the information you need to run a decent sized Milwaukee campaign. It reminds me a bit of those old RAVENLOFT modules of all things because the modules there were often very good sourcebooks on the Domains they represented.

                          Which is what a good module should be.



                          Well I don't want to spoil.

                          1. I should note Julia isn't a big role but she has a roll and a lot of the themes of her relationship with Mark Decker are brought up.

                          2. The Milwaukee Anubi consist of:

                          * Hrothulf
                          * Rubiana
                          * Akawa
                          * Thomas Gerhieren
                          * Julia Calvin

                          3. Yes, his fate is listed as being killed by Carna.



                          Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                          Comment


                          • Looking at that list, I'm even more excited to get my hands on the Milwaukee section now.

                            Comment


                            • Some Gary thoughts:

                              I think the handling of Gary is probably my favorite part (big surprise). It manages to make it an exciting and interesting campaign setting for a vampire game with the bloody conflict between the Camarilla and Gary Anarchs despite the questionable value of the location.

                              I also felt the story of Evelyn and Allicia were really touching. The two women having parallel lives and then became allies.

                              I wanted MOAR about Danov and Lucian but I felt it did a decent job of updating them. Ditto Michael.

                              Sharpe is a solid character and really deserves better. I'm sure that working for Maxwell feels better than working for Sovereign.
                              Last edited by CTPhipps; 10-16-2020, 02:36 PM.


                              Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                              Comment


                              • https://www.strangeassembly.com/2020...the-masquerade

                                Strange Assembly has provided a review of LET THE STREETS RUN RED and I really agree with a lot of their critiques as well as praise.


                                Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X