[V5] House Goratrix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [V5] House Goratrix

Explain it to me. I knew what House Goratrix was in the previous editions of the game but I find I know nothing of what it became of it in V5.

I understand what House Tremere is in V5. Traditionalists loyal to the old pyramid and what they believed their founder stood for.

I understand what House Carna is meant to be in V5. In a nutshell, Tremere who reject the pyramid and the old ways, want to try innovative magics while not being in the thrall of their elders.

House Goratrix? I don't get them and that's from a philospical point of view before the metaplot one.

So back to the start of this thread: what does House Goratrix stand for in V5? I don't get it. Can you explain it to me, please?

Originally posted by Haquim View Post
    Explain it to me. I knew what House Goratrix was in the previous editions of the game but I find I know nothing of what it became of it in V5.

I understand what House Tremere is in V5. Traditionalists loyal to the old pyramid and what they believed their founder stood for.

I understand what House Carna is meant to be in V5. In a nutshell, Tremere who reject the pyramid and the old ways, want to try innovative magics while not being in the thrall of their elders.

House Goratrix? I don't get them and that's from a philospical point of view before the metaplot one.

So back to the start of this thread: what does House Goratrix stand for in V5? I don't get it. Can you explain it to me, please?
    It's the Tremere Antediluvian's personal gang of evil wizards.

We haven't seen their write-up yet but they'll probably be independent of the Sabbat soon.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

House Carna is still part of the Camarilla. So she and her followers are still willing to play the elder's game.

From what I understand House Goratrix is still Sabat. So power hungry like the other houses but fewer scruples to get in the way.

Comment

As the nominally Sabbat-aligned house, there is sweet fuck all information on House Goratrix. Like, I can actually just quote to you all three paragraphs that there are:
        Originally posted by V5 Core
        “Herr Schrekt, I do not believe our practices have changed overmuch. We still Embrace only the most brilliant minds, and those already attuned to the occult. While my house does target subjects with less restrictive morals than yours, I can assure you that we will not be granting immortality to the undeserving.” The representative for House Goratrix concluded his statement, leaning back into the shadows.
        Originally posted by V5 Camarilla
        GORATRIX: A fringe faction. Strict hierarchy. Difficult to ascertain numbers. One informant swore (under questioning) that the leader has died twice over and risen again in recent nights.
        Originally posted by V5 Anarchs
        House Carna claims to have Anarch sympathies, but those witches are Camarilla through and through. Schrekt claims to represent the core of the clan, the traditionalist faction, but how can he make such a claim when the pyramid’s peak was shorn clean off? And then there are the Goratrix freaks… Ugh.
        Rejoice! You are now in possession of the full extent of the information on House Goratrix in V5.

And given Paradox's stance on the Sabbat, I wouldn't expect any Goratrix material any time soon. Maybe there'll be something in Forbidden Faiths when that releases a decade from now.

Comment

Originally posted by omenseer View Post
          House Carna is still part of the Camarilla. So she and her followers are still willing to play the elder's game.

From what I understand House Goratrix is still Sabat. So power hungry like the other houses but fewer scruples to get in the way.
          Well some of House Carna is part of the Camarilla.

Jason Carl has a bunch of Carna with the Anarchs and hunted by the Elders in the Tremere.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

The implication I took from the conversation between representatives of the three Houses in the core book was that House Goratrix was now Camarilla (House Ipsissimus being Anarch and wasn't at that meeting implies to me it was a Camarilla meeting, though I might be wrong on that score), but as you pointed out has less scruples when it came to membership. They still embrace those talented in the art like House Tremere, but they favour the morally bankrupt and those willing to practice the Darker Magics. I am very interested to find out more about where they are at given BJD and whose bopping around in Goratrix body.

If they are still Sabat that has interesting implications for what Karl and Carna are up to, collaborating with a sect the Camarilla is in active and intense war with. Also that they are willing to team up with their Sabat counterparts and not their Anarch ones.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Jason Carl has a bunch of Carna with the Anarchs and hunted by the Elders in the Tremere.
              He has four and the implication with Eva is that she is not fully aware of the politics involved with Karna and mostly just knows about the pagan inclusion and the seemingly antipartiarchal stance of Karna. Also her being in a house seemed less like allegiance and more like, "A fledgling is making comparisons, again. Fine House Karna doesn't sound terrible. I'll go with that."

Comment

He has four and the implication with Eva is that she is not fully aware of the politics involved with Karna and mostly just knows about the pagan inclusion and the seemingly antipartiarchal stance of Karna. Also her being in a house seemed less like allegiance and more like, "A fledgling is making comparisons, again. Fine House Karna doesn't sound terrible. I'll go with that."
                Well Carl is the ST and he's declared it canon so hey. Mind you, Carna was Anarch and then went Camarilla again when the Tremere Pyramid was decapitated.

Cheeky.

Comment

I mean, it's also Jason's game, which he can declare 'canon' all he wants, but until a book says 'half of Carna is really Anarch' it doesn't mean anything other than 'Jason's game has part of Carna as an Anarch faction'.

Comment

It's the Tremere Antediluvian's personal gang of evil wizards.

We haven't seen their write-up yet but they'll probably be independent of the Sabbat soon.
                    Is it? We don't actually know. IF the TC plot was kept then yes, Tremere is hiding inside Goratrix's body BUT there's a problem. Tremere turned 99% of House Goratrix to dust in order to enact a ritual. It was strongly suggested that by using such a large number of vampires as sacrifices Tremere got back to 3rd gen status although not on a permanent basis. All of this was the metaplot until revised but it was never developed further (well, in Gehenna the whole of the Tremere clan gets turned to dust in what can be just another ritual enacted by Tremere... or something else entirely). So, IF the metaplot of revised was kept in V5 and Goratrix is really Tremere (as is likely) then what about House Goratrix? Tremere (and Etrius) destroyed it. And what about the Sabbat? House Goratrix was allied with them, although reluctantly. Now the Sabbat is basically gone, so what is this "new" House Goratrix? Something Tremere created anew after destroying the old one? And is it allied with the Camarilla? Schrekt is willing to meet with their envoys, and that would be unlikely were they Sabbat still, but them being able to get into the Camarilla that easily seems unlikely, especially considering what is asked of the Lasombras who want to join.

A lot of questions with no answers on the metaplot side of things and we know even less about what this "new" House Goratrix wants. Are they just Tremere with even less ethical concerns (which would basically means none at all... Tremere were never the most scrupulous of vampires to begin with)? If so House Goratrix would basically be a double of the larger House Tremere and I'd fail to see its appeal for players to want to join.

Comment

My read on the situation is Tremere is running around in his squishy new Goratrix suit and wants his personal army, but on the other hand may not want to advertise to the befanged world he was bent over the kitchen table by Saulot for a millennium. The old pyramid was more the result of Saulot's shenanigans than Tremere's, and let's face it, Goratrix had a point in that pretending to not be a balls-to-the-wall sociopathic fucknugget is kind of a drag. So, all the better to start over with fangs you know are your pawns than put up with the baggage of another Antediluvian who made it their personal mission to fuck you over in particular for over a thousand years.

Except, the other guys can still be useful especially now the old regime had a date with a cruise missile, so it's better to keep them around until you figure out a way to get 'em under your thumb again than to go scorched earth.

Comment

House G is something of a blank space on the proverbial map; a storyteller and players may define it for themselves at this point. We presume, probably safely, it is directed by Tremere himself. But aside from that, little is known. House Ig is strictly Anarch, House Tremere (or Schrekt) is strictly Camarilla, and House C is more or less trying to be both. House G is what you decide it is, though perhaps more or less autarkis is a good definition. The goals of Tremere himself are unknown at this point, but he is apparently trying to avoid the worst of vampire politics. He, unlike Augustus, eventually realized he had gotten in over his head when he turned his group into vampires and ate a 10K year old blood god.
                        Last edited by Grumpy RPG Reviews; 01-25-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X