Mithras stats in Fall of London

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    huh,guys? what if my character wants to take down Mithras? shouldn't he have fighting chance?
    Taking this seriously, yes they should if you find Mithras running on almost no Vitae (so at least Hunger 4, maybe Hunger 5), can give him a serious injury before you start fighting, and potentially stat out of melee range for several rounds. Which is approximately the condition he was in when he got diablerised (which I believe meanshis current body is sixth generation instead of his original fourth), and is certainly possible to arrange if you try hard enough.

The qeustion is if him essentially having 12 boxes of health, being able to reduce all superficial damage by five points with a Rouse check that he gets a reroll of, being able to ignore the first source of physical damage every turn with two Rouse Checks, the ability to heal four points of superficial damage with a Rouse check, and the ability to add four dice to a roll with a Rouse check are enough (oh, plus his incredibly powerful Presence, Dominate, and selection of other disciplines). I will also note that there's nothing in the rules saying that a vampire with five dots in a discipline can't learn new powers in it, in fact I'd be disappointed if somebody as old as Mithras only had five Dominate or Fortitude powers, just that it's normally the case.

Honestly it could be worth, but I kind of expected more from the man one step below an antediluvian in terms of experience if no longer raw power.

Blue is sarcasm.

If I suggestion I make contradicts in-setting metaphysics please ignore me, I probably brought in scientific ideas.

Comment

My thought is to use these as temporary until they come out with more elder specific rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead rabbit

And so, in the end, you just confirmed that it cannot be done without a MacGuffin.
        So sure, your characters can kill Mithras.
        If you give them a MacGuffin.
        It all depends on what you give him for powers.

Blood Potency 8
        This gives him +4 dice when doing Blood Surge to any roll,quite nice

He will mend 4 superficial wounds per rouse and considering that he has as a base 7 but if you give him Resilience
        he will have 12 health

If you boost him up with Toughness he will soak 5 (if you count that his Discipline bonus of 4 adds to this, he will soak 9 damage - I have seen some groups use discipline bonus as an add on to soaking if using toughness or to damage when using Potence)

Comment

Originally posted by omenseer View Post
          My thought is to use these as temporary until they come out with more elder specific rules.
          Except there will be no elder rules. Game developer said that the elders rules are in the corebook.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoDSix View Post

Taking this seriously, yes they should if you find Mithras running on almost no Vitae (so at least Hunger 4, maybe Hunger 5), can give him a serious injury before you start fighting, and potentially stat out of melee range for several rounds. Which is approximately the condition he was in when he got diablerised (which I believe meanshis current body is sixth generation instead of his original fourth), and is certainly possible to arrange if you try hard enough.

The qeustion is if him essentially having 12 boxes of health, being able to reduce all superficial damage by five points with a Rouse check that he gets a reroll of, being able to ignore the first source of physical damage every turn with two Rouse Checks, the ability to heal four points of superficial damage with a Rouse check, and the ability to add four dice to a roll with a Rouse check are enough (oh, plus his incredibly powerful Presence, Dominate, and selection of other disciplines). I will also note that there's nothing in the rules saying that a vampire with five dots in a discipline can't learn new powers in it, in fact I'd be disappointed if somebody as old as Mithras only had five Dominate or Fortitude powers, just that it's normally the case.

Honestly it could be worth, but I kind of expected more from the man one step below an antediluvian in terms of experience if no longer raw power.
            You can only have 5 powers per discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by blailton View Post

Except there will be no elder rules. Game developer said that the elders rules are in the corebook.
              Well shucks.... Maybe they will change their mind eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by omenseer View Post

Well shucks.... Maybe they will change their mind eventually.
                They said the upcoming Player Guilde will NOT change V5 aproach... there will be no paths... etc.

Comment

Indeed, Dawkins also confirmed it.

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                  For clarity, the rules for elder characters have already been released. When you consider that rolling nine or ten dice, plus your Blood Potency bonuses (such as blood surge, etc.) you're unstoppable compared to a neonate with a dice pool of three or four. There's no nerfing, it's just that some readers don't appear to be taking into account the benefits of Generation, Blood Potency, amalgam Disciplines, and so on.

Comment

He seems to be a Puny Blood God .
                    Seriusly with those stats Mithras proclaiming to be a divinity is actually quite embarrasing...

https://www.deviantart.com/cicerondixit/gallery

Comment

So who thought that applying VtR elder mechanics to established Masquerade methuselahs was a good idea?

Comment

You can only have 5 powers per discipline.
                        For Neonates and Ancillae certainly, but I find the idea that somebody who'd spent 3000 years as a kindred hasn't managed to find a way to have more than five powers in their Disciplines, espexially in-clan ones, a little bit laughable. Now maybe my copy has a sentence that has since been errataed, I'm not going to go and check, but honestly if it turns out that Antediluvians can't have multiple level 5 powers I'm going to just ignore that and continue giving Methuselahs some additional powers to increase their versitility.

This isn't about 'elder powers', I honestly think the focus on them as the source of elder's power is a case of tunnel vision, because the current rules for Blood Potency allow for enough raw power when needed. It's about versatility, the idea that the older a vampire is the more tricks they have available.

Or, to put it bluntly, I find the idea that Mithras has to choose between having physical Fortitude powers and mental Fortitude powers feels wrong, when with three thousand years and his position means that having both isn't unthinkable. Or for a more ridiculous example, imagine Troile stuck at the bottom of a concrete-lined pit because they never learnt how to use Potence to jump better (Say picking Lethal Body, Prowess, Brutal Feed, Spark of Rage, and Earthshock).
                        Last edited by TwoDSix; 02-01-2020, 09:34 PM.

Blue is sarcasm.

If I suggestion I make contradicts in-setting metaphysics please ignore me, I probably brought in scientific ideas.

Comment

I love V5 but the elder rules are definitely a bad aspect of the system. Using Chicago by night as an example the top end NPCs are all too close together in stats even though even among the top end there is a massive disparity in age and experience. Nevertheless for the purposes of a fall of London game these stats are probably sufficiently scary if you use the pre gens.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                            I just flat out think you should leave a 4th generation Mithras or Helena as statless.
                            But a year ago, Mark complained that theres no elders in v5 lore, and you awnsered Camarilla guide theres a 900 years old banu haquin, and then Mark complained this npc don't have stats, and you awnsered that camarilla guide dont stat npcs was unforgivable.

Comment

Originally posted by Logothétēs View Post
                              So who thought that applying VtR elder mechanics to established Masquerade methuselahs was a good idea?
                              VTR elders are way more powerful than those of masquerade
                              The thing is that true elders in requiem are rare and special instead of being a fuck ton of them like in masquerade and they are supposed to represent the vampire metamorfing in something different... it is also not that elders don´t exist there but that a lot of them deliverately choose to go torpor and reduce their blood potency to not devolop methusaleah thirst instead of devoloping their powers by mainting such state and thus they stop their evolution.
                              • Zagreus for example is a 5000 years old Daeva metusaleah who has a devotion called Dark Decree with allows him to use Dominate over metropolitan areas to create chain reactions that makes his wishes come true , he doesnt even have to plan or know who he needs to dominate , by just proclaming his desires the world obeys him.
                              • Theres also the sighless mother who is an spirit of blood magic and not only knows every ritual but is also the source of them and can imitate a ton of disciplines with them + also having sprit powers
                              • Dorjan is one with his city and can use Lithopedia to blood bond your ass if you are in it just by wishing it.

In the middle ground we have stuff like bloodlines founders , giant reptilian worms etc... and the fact that every single discipline in requiem is way more powerful and versatile than his masquerade counterpart , disciplines of level 6+ are just devotions or combo disciplines that require you to have certain level of blood potency and devotions in general are avalible without limit since the beginning so every character can make his own variation of a discipline if they got the experience heck without acounting Devotions a Meth in requiem can add bewtween 20 and 30 to Strenght just with the blood buff.

VTR underpowered? In 1ED I would say yes becuase they tried to go back to street levels reduce elders with the Fog of Eternity but nobody liked that and the devolopers actually changed that in the late 1ED and 2ED
                              Last edited by Leandro16; 02-01-2020, 09:03 PM.

https://www.deviantart.com/cicerondixit/gallery

Comment

But a year ago, Mark complained that theres no elders in v5 lore, and you awnsered Camarilla guide theres a 900 years old banu haquin, and then Mark complained this npc don't have stats, and you awnsered that camarilla guide dont stat npcs was unforgivable.
                                I think there's a difference between an Elder versus a thing older than organized religion.

Ur-Shulgi is a plot device.

Lodin is a character you can stake and decapitate.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Working...
                                X