White Wolf's Community Survey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoDSix View Post

No, I think because I'm more familiar with CP2020 than the upcoming game. I do find it interesting that they specifically mentioned 2077 and not 2020, not only does it support my theory that this is more about the computer games than the tabletop games (in which case we'd be more like to hear about Red than 2077), but makes me wonder if this is about them being worried that Bloodlines 2 coming out too close to 2077 is going to hurt them.
    Paradox Games have already stated that they were more interested in creating video games based around the V:TM property and also moving to multi-media projects across a variety of platforms.

But Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be a huge huge adaptation of a Tabletop RPG property.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by False Epiphany View Post
      It pissed me off seeing that in a book. The writer (David Hill, who I'm glad has stopped writing for OPP) was essentially using a space meant for game mechanics as his personal soapbox and essay piece.
      It's Olivia Hill now, while on the forum please respect that regardless of your opinion of their work.
      Last edited by Lioness; 02-04-2020, 01:04 PM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
      Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
        It's Fiona Hill now, while on the forum please respect that regardless of your opinion of their work.
        ...you mean Olivia, right? Fiona Hill is an intelligence and foreign policy analyst who works for the Brookings Institute and served under Bush and Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
          It's Fiona Hill now, while on the forum please respect that regardless of your opinion of their work.
          Oh, my bad. Did not know she was now transgender.

Blood and Bourbon, my New Orleans-based Vampire chronicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodrim View Post
            ...you mean Olivia, right? Fiona Hill is an intelligence and foreign policy analyst who works for the Brookings Institute and served under Bush and Trump.
            Yeah. I was reading something pertaining to Fiona Hill earlier today and I suppose my brain misfired.
            Originally posted by False Epiphany View Post

Oh, my bad. Did not know she was now transgender.
            It's cool.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
            Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
              Anyone else get asked a lot of questions about cyberpunk 2077 and why they stopped buying ww products?
              Not just Cyberpunk, they asked a lot about my comic collection too. I have come to the conclusion that newWW either wants to be bought out by Disney (less likely scenario) or they're coming to my house to steal my comics (very likely, and I'm setting Home Alone-style traps as we speak).

But seriously, that survey asked me a whole lot about things other than WW-related or WoD-related stuff. I kind of felt bad by the end. "Hey yo Vysha, just how many hours you watching YouTube for??" "Hey now, why you spend so many dollars on the vidja geems, but not so many on ours stuff all the every months??" "You is some into politics tho??" "But for realsies, just how many hours do you spend on the YouTubahs??!?!?" "Yeah, I betcha know all about a Fallout, don't'cha?" "Also, you play a V5? No? Oh, ok, bye to that line of questions tho. We really wanna know about your U-Tubs time now again tho."

It felt less like a survey and more like a YouTube intervention, with some stealth guilt tripping thrown in.

One thing I did chuckle at was when they asked what made me stop buying WoD products and one of the answers was "Changes to the game? Revised tho". No option for V5 making me walk away, but yeah, throw Revised under the bus.

Writing up Clanbook: Aabbt

Comment

Originally posted by Vysha View Post

Not just Cyberpunk, they asked a lot about my comic collection too. I have come to the conclusion that newWW either wants to be bought out by Disney (less likely scenario) or they're coming to my house to steal my comics (very likely, and I'm setting Home Alone-style traps as we speak).

But seriously, that survey asked me a whole lot about things other than WW-related or WoD-related stuff. I kind of felt bad by the end. "Hey yo Vysha, just how many hours you watching YouTube for??" "Hey now, why you spend so many dollars on the vidja geems, but not so many on ours stuff all the every months??" "You is some into politics tho??" "But for realsies, just how many hours do you spend on the YouTubahs??!?!?" "Yeah, I betcha know all about a Fallout, don't'cha?" "Also, you play a V5? No? Oh, ok, bye to that line of questions tho. We really wanna know about your U-Tubs time now again tho."

It felt less like a survey and more like a YouTube intervention, with some stealth guilt tripping thrown in.

One thing I did chuckle at was when they asked what made me stop buying WoD products and one of the answers was "Changes to the game? Revised tho". No option for V5 making me walk away, but yeah, throw Revised under the bus.
                I got a changes (V5) option, and asked why (changes to story, changes to rules)

Comment

Honestly, none of the questions particularly surprised me and are not that dissimilar to ones I've filled out for Twitch, Amazon, Capcom, Modiphius and other groups. One of the things that was interesting about RESIDENT EVIL 7 was when I was doing a survey about it that they kept asking about things like OUTLAST, P.T., and games like FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDIES. They wanted to know also how much I watched Youtube, Twitch, Live Streaming, and if I watched any other platforms.

Because publishers LOVE Twitch. They love it and Youtube to an unhealthy degree and want you watching it like television.

It's not just advertising revenue to them but something more.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Taggie View Post

I got a changes (V5) option, and asked why (changes to story, changes to rules)
                    Damn you. I wanted to have that answer.

Comment

Damn you. I wanted to have that answer.
                      Me too!

I want my Elder Disciplines!

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                        Honestly, none of the questions particularly surprised me
                        TBH, it wasn't what was asked that surprised me, so much as how little of it was actually about WW products overall. I wasn't shocked to be asked more about video games than TTRPG ones, nor was I really caught off-guard by the raw amount of intel they wanted on my YouTube addiction (I prefer to call it a lifestyle choice. I can stop any time I want. Really, I can). But it really felt like they forgot their TTRPG books, compared to Bloodlines and LAbyNight.

But I get it. I'm sure the net profit from preorder sales of Bloodlines 2 surpasses the net profit from the last five years of VtM sales. I'm aware of the finances and profit margins involved in these things. I can't even blame them for shifting their focus to where the money's coming in from. Given the choice between making money or breaking even, any business should choose the former and not the latter.

But if they try to steal my comics or force me into YouTube Anonymous again, I'm'a start stabbing.

Comment

I can see that, I got almost no questions about the kind of stuff I'm actually into because it just so happens to be invisible to the mainstream, the survey seemed to grab onto the fact that I watch 1-2 hours of YouTube a day and not give up on that, and the fact that due to issues with shifts I've been unable to get a stable group together and have been spending my time doing other things. Oh, and only focusing on the biggest names, so despite me having significant engagement in tabletop games when possible it completely bypassed that section due to the fact that the games I have played in the last year aren't D&D (lots of Unknown Armies, if I can get the free shifts might try to interest that group in Mage).

I got very, very annoyed that despite all the YouTube probing it forgot a question that is important to me, that being how much I watch edited/unedited videos. The last couple of years seem to have seen a massive surge in this strange idea that long pieces of unedited content are entertaining, whereas I still find things better when actual effort has gone into the editing to make it enjoyable.

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                          Because publishers LOVE Twitch. They love it and Youtube to an unhealthy degree and want you watching it like television.
                          Yeah, I've noticed publishers can get that way with other types of services (social media, for example), but YouTube/Twitch is definitely the worst. I think it has somethinng to do with the fact that if I'm watching a video on Vampire: the Masquerade - Redemption I'm thinking of Vampire: the Masqerade and more likely to buy the books.

Although I do think that having another crack at the more single-focus, coterie-based game for Masquerade might be interesting. I should pick up Coteries of Mew York, but I'm really not in a visual novel type mood.

Blue is sarcasm.

If I suggestion I make contradicts in-setting metaphysics please ignore me, I probably brought in scientific ideas.

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that newWW either wants to be bought out by Disney...
                            Sasha Vykos, the next Disney princess.

Comment

Working...
                            X