Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is more useful, Dominate or Presence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penelope
    started a topic Which is more useful, Dominate or Presence?

Which is more useful, Dominate or Presence?

You can answer for V20 or V5, whichever you like better.

Do you think guys do better with Dominate and girls with Presence, or is that just a myth?

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Penelope View Post
    This is a really cool debate.

CTPhipps I feel more like Ivy personally, but I never read the play. Does Doctor Faustus ever get the chick whose face launched a thousand ships?
    I meant the mind-controlling Marvel villain.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    This is a really cool debate.

CTPhipps I feel more like Ivy personally, but I never read the play. Does Doctor Faustus ever get the chick whose face launched a thousand ships?

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Easy answer:

"Do you want to be Poison Ivy or Doctor Faustus?"

Leave a comment:

• Talvas
    replied
    I am going to say Presence. Dread Gaze is possibly the single most potent power there is. Or the combo discipline Retaliatory Terror. Additionally Entrancement is very useful.

Dominate is more suited for dealing with mortals, especially if your ST uses the optional rules to resist it.

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    Nah, V5 dominate is way weaker. Look at what they did to mesmorize. Went from insidious and versatile to blunt cartoon hypnosis. The best power for the masquerade became a liability.

Leave a comment:

• maekkel
    replied
    V20 and before:
    Dominate loses it´s momentum after the 3rd dot - Most people will exclusive use just mesmerize and forgetfulmind.
    - Dominate wins as it will help the average coterie of the masqueradebreaking fang gang better to cover up their messes.

Presence is smoother and better at crowd control, also less blunt and generally less effective on just one individual. Awe (especially) with a higher level at presence will let you smoth out almost everything and can always be on. Awe is a Gift that keeps on giving.

V5
    In general Discpline Dicepools are just Attribute+Discplinewhich makes Resisting way more common.
    Dominate
    Autowin against unsuspecting mortal is huge!
    A bit more complicated, as know you can pick your powers, new ones were added, possession is out but the even more powerful mass domination is in.
    In general i got the feeling it got more powerful.

Presence
    Got the very, very good lingering kiss power, but in general Presence was nerfed. That made me sad.

Leave a comment:

• CajunKhan
    replied
    Dominate, because it is better at preserving the masquerade. Someone Presenced into keeping your secrets might still break under questioning because they are that bad at lying. Someone Dominated isn't lying. This is a huge difference when dealing with mortals, most of whom have no experience protecting secrets against ruthless enemies.

Leave a comment:

• Cypheriel
    replied
    Dominate 100% what you going to do? presence your way our of one of the members of your coterie losing themselves to the beast causing a masquerade breach? Presence you have no control how the target is going to appease you, Dominate you know exactly what the play is and you can mind wipe what people do and do not remember.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Ohhhhhh

I literally just got the joke lol

Cato the Censor said that about Carthage

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    pang4 I like Roman history, and I like Cato (even if he was really prudish), so I'm gonna at that.

Leave a comment:

• pang4
    replied
    Originally posted by GilbyTheFat View Post
    This - responding not to the post but the poster's sig - made me lol
    Cato the Censor still got it 2000 years later ^^

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Black Fox I agree. It’s more a function of clan and I guess personality.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Not true!!! Just because you can’t have sex doesn’t mean you don’t have a gender. Gender is a social construct.

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    Vampires don't have genders, just the memory of one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X