Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tzimisce speculation v5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CTPhipps
    FYI - Matthew Dawkins said that we're probably not getting paths back in his 25 years of Vampire the Masquerade interview. He expects Tenets to replace them.
    A nonsensical expectation. Paths are personal, Tenets are universal for the Chronicle.

    I could see Sabbatic Tenets coupled with tools like Path Loresheets bringing back Monster Play, though.

    Comment


    • I really think they should've just given Requiem a possible metaplot.

      Paths are wonderful. They're key.
      Moreso for Tzmisce!
      Sure, paths could be improved, but tenets are not the way.


      V5 is not VTM

      Comment


      • He says they will make sense if he gets his wish and they put in non-human Touchstones.


        Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

        Comment


        • Well, that's also a very good idea...Convictions are closer to Paths compared with Tenets (they're personal).

          I think more involved Loresheets could help anyway because these are, again, personal and could repair quirks like the effects high and low ends of Humanity.
          Last edited by Aleph; 02-11-2020, 02:17 PM.

          Comment


          • But how does that work when, y'know, you're still rooted in humanity?
            Like yeah, path of night has you interested in a specific person, and metamorphosis has you claim the greater good, but you're still torturing people and would thus gain stains like no tomorrow.


            V5 is not VTM

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
              But how does that work when, y'know, you're still rooted in humanity?
              Like yeah, path of night has you interested in a specific person, and metamorphosis has you claim the greater good, but you're still torturing people and would thus gain stains like no tomorrow.
              In Blood Gods, some of the Loresheets are, "Don't get any stains for killing vampires in the name of your religion."


              Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                I really think they should've just given Requiem a possible metaplot.
                It does. It's just that Requiem gets about one book every four years.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

                  In Blood Gods, some of the Loresheets are, "Don't get any stains for killing vampires in the name of your religion."
                  But whatabout the extreme examples eh? Paths are extreme. Paths are so edgy and extreme we can use X-TREME to describe them. They're not humanity with a band aid, some of them are entirely antagonistic to the act of being humane. Now yeah, paths are religious by their very nature, but you'd have a hard time justifying loresheets like 'Yo, you can ignore basically every stain so long as you keep your word' and you'd really be better off explaining something like Samsara or Blood or, to try and tie this topic back to the thread, Metamorphosis. If you're doing an entire page you might as well stick to paths, because they would be simpler than loresheets unless you dumb things down.


                  V5 is not VTM

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post

                    But whatabout the extreme examples eh? Paths are extreme. Paths are so edgy and extreme we can use X-TREME to describe them. They're not humanity with a band aid, some of them are entirely antagonistic to the act of being humane. Now yeah, paths are religious by their very nature, but you'd have a hard time justifying loresheets like 'Yo, you can ignore basically every stain so long as you keep your word' and you'd really be better off explaining something like Samsara or Blood or, to try and tie this topic back to the thread, Metamorphosis. If you're doing an entire page you might as well stick to paths, because they would be simpler than loresheets unless you dumb things down.
                    Yes, it's why Paths were almost all horribly designed. They acted like they weren't every bit as punishing as Humanity but different punishing. Its why I prefer Roads.


                    Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                    Comment


                    • I am against paths be Loresheets because the player will have to waste bonus points to buy it at chargen. Its not enough points to waste this way just bring back paths.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by blailton View Post
                        I am against paths be Loresheets because the player will have to waste bonus points to buy it at chargen. Its not enough points to waste this way just bring back paths.
                        A good option would be to make being a Path Follower a Flaw. Which I definitely think should be encouraged. 2-5pts.


                        Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

                          I think that was a mistake anyway.

                          I don't see a reason why people who are in control of their Beast should look like corpses or be unable to have sex if they're following an ideology that venerates an Ancient Babylonian Sex God.

                          Path of the Beast and Lilith worship is all about the nature.

                          It's trying to incentivize humanity and that's silly.

                          FYI - Matthew Dawkins said that we're probably not getting paths back in his 25 years of Vampire the Masquerade interview. He expects Tenets to replace them.
                          Which means we loose the granularity and slow descent of the Hierarchy of Sins system.... And have to use the horrible Lore sheets system (aka the devs screaming badweongfun at us, the printed version, the devs had a vision, and apparently not agreeing will be made slightly possible and hugely expensive)

                          Comment


                          • FYI - much to my surprise, the Ravnos are back first.

                            THE CHICAGO FOLIO has Shejana.

                            She is listed as a Caitiff (despite being referred to as a Ravnos), states that few people have any memory of them, and has Dominate, Fortitude, Presence as well as Obfuscate but no Chimestry.
                            Last edited by CTPhipps; 02-14-2020, 06:07 PM.


                            Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                              FYI - much to my surprise, the Ravnos are back first.

                              THE CHICAGO FOLIO has Shejana.

                              She is listed as a Caitiff (despite being referred to as a Ravnos), states that few people have any memory of them, and has Dominate, Fortitude, Presence as well as Obfuscate but no Chimestry.
                              With that discipline spread, I can see many of the powers of Chimerstry being amalgams of those powers.

                              "Few people have memory of them..." The Antediluvian with the power of illusion control and manipulation made his entire clan nearly disappear...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SarcasticJazzHands View Post

                                With that discipline spread, I can see many of the powers of Chimerstry being amalgams of those powers.

                                "Few people have memory of them..." The Antediluvian with the power of illusion control and manipulation made his entire clan nearly disappear...
                                20 years was a long time!




                                Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X