Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[V5] Who Mourns for Ravnos? (The Ravnos Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Taggie View Post

Which ones? The ones that surrendered to the cam?
    The Camarilla was founded by Anarchs and Elders.

Alas, it drifted from its true glorious purpose!

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

The Camarilla was founded by Anarchs and Elders.

Alas, it drifted from its true glorious purpose!

"Blood for the Blood Gods!!"

"Skulls for the Skull Throne!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by jamiemalk View Post

Exactly my feelings about V5, the sooner it gets retconned the better.
        Beside the racism, the idea of an Antideluvian bombed with nukes in order to be destroyed is just ridiculous. Also, those areas where actually destroyed by one of the biggest earthquake/tsunami of hisory causing hundred thousands deaths. So maybe is better not to cause another Chechnya incident.

I think WW and Modiphus just thowed in the towel on retconning them.

OR we can all think Ravnos as the Scarlet Witch of the WOD who created his own reality just sayin' "no more ravnos".

Comment

• Originally posted by Riccardo View Post

Beside the racism, the idea of an Antideluvian bombed with nukes in order to be destroyed is just ridiculous. Also, those areas where actually destroyed by one of the biggest earthquake/tsunami of hisory causing hundred thousands deaths. So maybe is better not to cause another Chechnya incident.
          As I recall it was concentrated sunlight. three Wan Kuei bodhisattva, and magically enhanced nukes that killed Ravnos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riccardo View Post

Beside the racism, the idea of an Antideluvian bombed with nukes in order to be destroyed is just ridiculous.
            The Antes are supposed to be VTM's version of the Great Old Ones. Such creatures need to be beyond mundane means to destroy.

Comment

• Overall, I've got mixed feelings about the Ravnos and I've always struggled to get them right in my head about how to represent them thematically and appropriately.

I ultimately ended up with them being founded by an indo-european dreamer who took part in constant battles of illusions and perception in early reality and who passed on his chaotic nature to his childer, leading one of them to create a strict hierarchal structure to contain them and that those who could not or would not abide by this structure were cast out and became perennial wanderers.

That's generally how I treat the ravnos. As either strict orthodox philosophers of restraint (The Jati & Child Organizations) or as nomadic traditionalists who could not dwell within the strict caste hierarchy and thus historically became associated with nomads, outcasts, and social pariahs of all kinds.

On the matter of the Week of Nightmares, it's definitely up for personal taste and I for one am in the camp of 'Ravnos faked his own death because Chimestry & Fortitude 10', but I can respect those who wish to present the setting in another way and show that just like you can sink Cthulhu by hitting him at the right moment with a ship, you can take down the antediluvians with enough effort and firepower if you need to.

Comment

• In my games, all Antediluvians are immortal. Yes, they destroyed his body but he WILL be back. He just had to feed on his followers first.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Well, the metafiction has always implied that the 3rd generation Antediluvians couldn't be truly killed unless they allowed it.

Tzimisce? Living virus in anyone who has a drop of his blood.

Malkav? Living mental virus in the mind of anyone who has his blood.

Lasombra? A living abyssal whatever shadow thing looking through all the shadows in the world.

You ger the idea.

From the metafiction detailing fhe "death" of "Ravnos," it had the same level of dominance over it's line. It drained dozens and dozens of descendants remotely to sustain itself for 3 days and nights. I'm not going to go into why a 10,000 year old creature would immediately go batshit insane, but thankfully WW dropped a clue that fhe Malkavians and Absimiliard did it. OK...

Long story short, level 10 Chimerstry is making fantasy reality. Permanently. So, the Ravnos Ante could have survived, ate his clan like the metafiction has always claimed the Antes woukd do, and went back to sleep for 2,000+ years, safe in the knowledge that everyone thinks it's dead.

It's up to you.
                  Last edited by Illuminostro; 03-13-2020, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X