No announcement yet.

More Female Antediluvians

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting question is, what makes people think the 2nd gen stayed dead...or that their was only 3 of them, or indeed any of the 1_3_13 pattern holds. The cthonic gods of blood wait, and some of them by now may be even more alien than that.
    Last edited by Taggie; 04-17-2020, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NotEmpathic View Post
      To an Antidiluvian[sic] their gender would be approximately as important as their eye colour ie basically meaningless beyond trivia
      To an Antediluvian, their gender would be approximately as important as they decide it is.

Comment

TheCountAlucard does he have a Tamagotchi lol? 😊

Yay!!! My 1000th post!

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
          TheCountAlucard does he have a Tamagotchi lol? 😊
          Nope, he wouldn’t especially get a toy that makes noise out of nowhere and follows its own schedule like that. Either he’d have to mute it so it doesn’t go off on its own when he’s sneaking around, or leave it at home; either way, it would end up starved or half-starved and surrounded by those little digital turds.

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
          Yay!!! My 1000th post!
          Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Taggie View Post
            An interesting question is, what makes people think the 2nd gen stayed dead...or that their was only 3 of them
            For the first question - in the BJD Enoch, at least, is still alive in a couple of scenarios. Meaning his survival is canon. There's also a statue of Zillah that supposedly bleeds vitae somewhere (I forget off hand). And there's also an ancient vampire whose vitae has traits held common to the clans believed to be descended from Irad.

For the second, the Toreador have a tale that before Enoch Caine embraced a pair of lovers that then committed suicide because they couldn't have children.

As for just having 13 3rd gens, that's only the case of those known to have survived the flood. There were more that didn't get the chance to sire, either through accidents or intentional killings. Even Caine being the only 1st gen is suspect, as there is an obscured belief that he wasn't THE first vampire, but A first vampire.

Comment

Taggie the statue of Zillah is in Caine’s Chosen: the Black Hand. The statue weeps tears of Zillah’s Vitae which are used to initiate members of the Sabbat Hand.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

IIRC, it's not actually a statue, just a standing stone. The Black Hand in the know believe it's Zillah, but I think that's taken on faith rather than any tangible indication of whom or what the stone used to be.

Comment

Matt the Bruins fan oh. I always thought it was a statue of Zillah as a literal beautiful maiden, the way she was before Caine Embraced her.

Wait a minute though

It specifically says the statue weeps tears of Vitae. In order to weep tears it has to at least have a face...

Comment

A fairly common thing to see, in my area at least, is cold stonework "weeping" as it heats up. The condensation in and on the surface looks like tears all over the stone, be it a statue, headstone, or even a building. The most common of course, being "weeping" statues in various cemeteries.

Story wise, I feel it would be better for it to be a statue with a face. In reality, it could be anything comprised of solid stone(Column,Menhir,Statue,etc...)

Comment

• FearGrounds good point. Of course, that’s just water. In order to weep tears of Vitae, it would have to have some connection to the Kindred (the book is ambiguous about whether the tears are really Zillah’s, but they’re definitely Vitae).

Comment

• Someone, at some point, must have tried to embrace with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                          FearGrounds good point. Of course, that’s just water. In order to weep tears of Vitae, it would have to have some connection to the Kindred (the book is ambiguous about whether the tears are really Zillah’s, but they’re definitely Vitae).
                          I like to think of it, as being a cocoon of stone wrapped around Zillah. It protects her from the dangers of time and sunlight, but also holds her prisoner. Occasionally the power of her blood is able to seep out of the stone, yet she remains locked in place. JUST MY THOUGHTS

Comment

• FearGrounds that’s a great idea!

Comment

Working...
                            X