Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[V5] So do Vampire still have great sex? Or no sex?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
    It's worth defining "great sex" for this discussion.
    I’m not sure, although as a rule of thumb, it usually involves myself in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post
      I’m not sure, although as a rule of thumb, it usually involves myself in some way.
      That's not what I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
        Does it feel like Great Steak or an orgasm?
        To the victim, feeding may feel like taking a shot of heroin - with all that implies. To vampires, we are just food. Food they have to sometimes flatter and lie to, but still just food.

Comment

That's not what I've heard.
          Only first hand experiences count!

Comment

I am not taking your hand as evidence you are good at sex - you hand has a limited range of experience.

Comment

I am not taking your hand as evidence you are good at sex - you hand has a limited range of experience.
              Oooh, that is a bit presumptuous. Regardless, my own experiences are 100% verified by me for me, and they are all absolutely better for me than sexual experiences that don’t involve me.

Comment

To the victim, feeding may feel like taking a shot of heroin - with all that implies. To vampires, we are just food. Food they have to sometimes flatter and lie to, but still just food.
                I think the experience of feeding is even better for vampires than being fed on by mortals.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Let us not speculate about poster's sex lives or lack thereof.

After all, I have a harem of beautiful Blood Bound Lasombra women. In real life.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

This is how I view it, and how I depict it in my chronicles.
                    • Vampires are essentially sexless creatures. Being dead, they don't have the hormones or biology that keep the sex drive active.
                    • Nevertheless, many vampires are still in the habit of being sexual creatures from their living days. This is a function of time and Humanity. The more time that goes by since you were living, and the lower the Humanity you have, the less likely this is to be part of the vampire's psychological state.
                    • The erotic isn't just limited to physical drives. Over time though, this transitions from a normal human sex drive to a vampire's desire for the blood of the living. Feeding is what ultimately becomes erotic. The physical act of sex becomes nothing more than any other physical act like a handshake, hugging, or manual labor.
                    • A vampire could still engage in the physical act of sex. Most just normally wouldn't want to given the above. However, they're still just corpses. So humans having sex with vampires is normally just like them engaging in necrophilia.
                    • However, vampires with high enough humanity to normally appear human could fake it. And since vampires can spend Blood Points to appear more human, even vampires with less humanity could do so. So if it is part of someone's feeding pattern, it's still an option for them.
                    • Once a mortal is being fed on (except for a Flaw like Grip of the Damned), the ecstasy and similar associations can easily make them think that they were engaged in the act of sex so actual coitus doesn't need to happen.
                    As ST, I roleplay my NPCs based on these guidelines. If important to my players, this is how I explain it to them, and then I leave it up to them how they want to roleplay their own PCs.

Comment

I've always kind of viewed it as 'yes vampires can have sex, but generally only fledglings do it for any reason other than manipulation or feeding'.

One way I've described the idea to people is that yes, while under blush of life a kindred essentially acts like a living person when viewed from the outside, and can move bodily fluids around if they need to, and their senses might even be enhanced if they've invested in the right Disciplines. But to a vampire feeding and fucking are the same action, and even if we assume that the Kiss doesn't give the vampire any additional pleasure then feeding on a healthy human is equivalent to the best orgasm of your life while simultaneously eating a heroin-marinated steak cooked by a world class chef. Sure there might be better experiences out there, but regular sex won't feel as good without the Kiss, in which case much of the pleasure is coming from the Kiss and vampires will learn to associate the pleasure with that rather than sex.

Now there are still reasons why a kindred might decide to have sex, especially as the walking snacks seem to be motivated by it and sometimes have useful things besides blood. And there's certainly some that will have sex just for fun, probably some Brujah trying to make a point about Humanity. But its more similar to how a few vampires will eat food for fun, it's not common and kindred society looks down on it. It's such a human hobby, why couldn't you just take up knitting or something else less embarrassing?

Blue is sarcasm.

If I suggestion I make contradicts in-setting metaphysics please ignore me, I probably brought in scientific ideas.

Comment

In my games, Kindred are basically Thrashing Dragon types, embodying voraciousness in all things, including sex. A trait I adopted from versions of vampires like Necroscope, What We Do In the Shadows, and that sort. That said, in practice it is almost irrelevant. My games aren't about sex, even though they assume plenty of it is happening off-screen. It mostly comes up as an example of Elder excess and abuse, essentially the orgy in "What We Do In the Shadows", but not played for laughs.

Comment

Just a sudden thought. Instead of asking a vampire to roll to fake having sex, why not have them roll to see if they can enjoy having sex?

So high humanity still automatically allow your character to have sex, but for 7 and lower, a vampire will have to try to bring to mind what sex feels like and try to remember the pleasure of having sex.

If they fail, they still had sex, they just don't seem to enjoy it.
                          Just a sudden thought on how this can make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                            "Sex is like pizza, even when it's not good, it's still kinda good."
                            Late to the party here, but this is probably the best example I've ever seen of describing Vampire Sex, and one I'll use from now on when asked about the matter. Everyone loves pizza, and pizza is always good... but yaknow, that fine rare quality crafted Steak? That's the Blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Orphan81 View Post

Late to the party here, but this is probably the best example I've ever seen of describing Vampire Sex, and one I'll use from now on when asked about the matter. Everyone loves pizza, and pizza is always good... but yaknow, that fine rare quality crafted Steak? That's the Blood.
                              Then you have never eaten such a low quality frozen pizza, that you are going to ask yourself if there need a clearly differentiation made to be. Because the one I eat it whas not even a little bit good.

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
                              First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
                              Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Koronus View Post
                                Then you have never eaten such a low quality frozen pizza, that you are going to ask yourself if there need a clearly differentiation made to be. Because the one I eat it whas not even a little bit good.

This is nitpicking for nitpicking sake.

Comment

Working...
                                X