Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think the canon NPCs are up to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think the canon NPCs are up to?

Basically another fanon thread. Here's where you get to tell us what canon NPCs (Theo Bell, Victoria Ash, Beckett) or so on are up to in your campaign world.

There's countless wonderful and fascinating characters in V5 and while the ones in Chicago have been updated, there's still hundreds more that haven't been updated.

Share what they're doing in your games.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Some examples to start us off:

+ Jan Pieterszoon is actually not dead in my games but is in hiding because he believes Theo Bell was actually dominated by Lucinda into killing Hardestadt. He believes the "Secret Masters" of the Ventrue set up the end of the Camarilla and the exile of the Brujah. He has since altered his face, identity, and is living off the grid while he descends into paranoia. I'm actually debating that he stupidly went to Vykos who tortured him and deformed him before releasing him into Chicago as "Olaf." Otherwise, he's living like Lestat at the end of Interview. Part of the issue is his Blood Bond to Hadestadt breaking and removal of years of Dominate has broken down his barriers against the guilt of his Feeding restriction.

+ Lucita's brief reign as the Regent of the Sabbat was an unmittigated disaster as her attempts to institute badly needed reforms and purge the most insane resulted in a successful coup by Polonia. As such, she was part of the Amis Noctis that led to the defection of the Camarilla. She's also fallen away from the Path of Night and struggling to reconcile her indecision between it as well as Humanity. Lucita is looking for a new religion to help her stave off the beast but stubbornly refuses to turn to Anatole for spiritual advice. Talley actually helped her fake her death as she goes through this spiritual crisis.

+ Jeremy MacNeil was Beckoned to the Middle East so he's not going to be doing much anytime soon.

+ Tyler was Beckoned...and came back. Tyler has no memory of what happened but has been invigorated with visions of Carthage and its glories. She's also much-much more powerful than she used to be and is effectively able to casually toss aside any Elder she meets. She is now eliminating Camarilla and Sabbat elders while convincing others to aid in the Anarch's reformation. Her Anarchs are a violent philosopher-warrior cabal dedicated to the vision of their Mother, though.

+ Hesha turned out to be a big part of the early Ministry due to his encounter with Beckett's sarcophagus at the end of BJD. The discovery that the 2nd generation were real caused a severe crisis of faith and he's one of the ones who helped many of them defect to the Anarchs and embrace polytheism. He's furthermore become a part of the Church of Caine because its gnosticism is similar enough to the Setite orthodoxy that it's familiar but different in its origins. He knows his "heresy" would get him killed but he has a secret proector. He has since also become a national leader of the Anarchs if for no reason that he has a brain and can usually persuade a bunch of violent fanatics into following his lead (i.e. 80% of all Anarchs). The remaining 20% he can persuade through other means.

+ The Ministry is almost entirely the work of Kemintiri and she's their secret puppet master.
    Last edited by CTPhipps; 05-03-2020, 01:35 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Just checking in as someone who leans more towards V20 although I do incorporate elements of the V5 metaplot, mind if I swing in with some of those ideas or is this more of V5-centric thread? I'm cool either way, just figured it's good to check in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryffon15 View Post
        Just checking in as someone who leans more towards V20 although I do incorporate elements of the V5 metaplot, mind if I swing in with some of those ideas or is this more of V5-centric thread? I'm cool either way, just figured it's good to check in.
        Go right ahead.

Comment

Cool cool, I've got some notes on things and once I'm done with dinner I'm gonna do some brainstorming and roll up something in here.

Comment

Anatole is a moderator for the new vampire internet community, bloodreddit, and spends a lot of time moderating the fan clubs for famous vampires.

Bell and Lucita chat a lot about what it is like to try to herd insane cats.

Beckett has dropped off the radar following the events of BJD.

Comment

Following their emancipation from the influence of the embryonic Dracon, Sascha Vykos is now one of the leading beauty and lifestyle influencers on Youtube.

Comment

The West Coast of the United States is a political sinkhole for vampires. Many Anarchs have refused to leave, the Camarilla struggled to maintain its footholds, Asian kindred develop outposts, and the sabbat terrorizes from below. But that aside, let's look at a few noteworthy individuals...

•Robin Leeland
                -Sometimes rumored to be a factor in the rise of the 'Robin Hood' legends, Leeland is known as one of the Anarch heroes of Europe. The Old World is held like a vice by the sects, yet this Brujah continues to make himself known through domain undermining and supporting societal change amongst the lower classes. He's also gained a somewhat bizarre reputation for being the bane of the Church of England and his calling card of Marianist (as in the Virgin Mary) iconography. Apparently that was something of a bold stance in his day.

•Marguerite Foccart
                -Robin's french childe, this woman is well known amongst the Anarchs of the upper West Coast. From Portland and around the states, she's known to be an ideological leader. Which has been useful with the betrayals of Tara and Garcia and MacNeil's refusal to provide leadership.

•Crispus Attucks
                -The fall of the Free States during the West Coast Wars embittered the old war hero. Regardless of the current politics of the west coast, Crispus has fallen in with the roving Anarch Movement crossing America. He was recently noted for his participation within the BlackLivesMatter movement and as a continued advocate for racial equality amongst both mortal and immortal societies. Crispus is rather dedicated to his stances placing those who wish to argue with him in somewhat dangerous positions.

•Smiling Jack
                -Black Jack, Bloody Jack, Calico Jack; call him what you like this old pirate still has it. All across the Americas his scattered children cause chaos and disrupt the sects and reports of his appearances and sabotage of Camarilla and Sabbat practices flare up constantly. Still a hero of many Anarchs, particularly young radicals, his name is steadily growing towards Red List potential... if the Inner Circle is willing to whip the Movement into a lather of that degree.

Comment

+ Marcus Vitel is currently the Emperor of Washington D.C and one of the leading Anarchs in America now. This is despite the fact that he is overtly an autocrat and makes no pretenses to freedom or democracy. Ironically, this has done little to affect his popularity as he also makes direct offers of domain and wealth that far exceed many Anarchs' wildest dreams. Marcus Vitel has used the American Dream as a weapon and many vampires have voluntarily signed up to serve as his armies. The threat of the Second Inquisition has people believe in a king as long as the rules are upfront and he's strong. Many lesser Anarch Barons (called "Governors") have sworn allegiance to to him for monthly checks in the six figures as well as weapons.

Vitel is completely plugged into the Second Inquisition and actively uses it. The reason the NSA's Felicity Price broke her Dominate is because Vitel was her Regent and ordered her too. He is also behind the breach at Schrek.net and other attacks. He is fully of the mind he can control it and use it to purge the world of his rivals as well as potentially the Antediluvians. He wishes to control the American nuclear arsenal or at least enough of it to wipe out the Eldest. He is still insane but has switched from nuclear brinkmanship to the War on Terror.

+ Ur-Shulgi is dead or at least people assume he's dead. The Camarilla made use of the American War on Terror to drop a MOAB on Alamut under the lie that it was a deeply embedded terrorist bade. This destroyed about 80% of the Web of Knives as well as countless torprous Elders. The Banu Haqim are split on this action but most believe it was justified. Others believe they have undoubtedly PISSED Ur-Shulgi off and some believe the Beckoning is because dropping the bomb may have stirred Haqim to awakening. For now, the Assamite Second Eldest is buried under a mountain of rubble. Crippled but alive.

+ Augustus Giovanni is imprisoned in Saint Peter's coffin by Japeth underneath the Vatican with the True Faith of a billion Catholics and the bones inside. He is unable to exert his disciplines and utterly helpless as he burns. Japeth predicts it will take approximately a thousand years for his soul to completely burn away at this rate. It is a pittance of time to bring the Final Death to an Antediluvian--even the weakest and lowliest of them all.

+ Cappadocius currently rules over the Far Shore Realm that most closely resembles the traditional Christian depiction of Hell. It is a vast inferno of flames, torture, and horror that mostly is full of Specters and vampire spirits that he has made his demons. He rules over them in the guise of the Grim Reaper and believes he has diablerized the Devil even if he has not diablerized God. If Augustus Giovanni had succeeded in his plan to merge the Physical World and Underworld then he would have invaded with his own people. He is responsible for many Risen in the world and you can become one by making a pact with him.

+ Sullivan Dane is now 62 years old, still in excellent shape for his age, and responsible for the deaths of over a hundred Kindred including a dozen Elders. He has lung cancer from a lifetime of smoking and actually survived his suicidal attack on a Chicago Elysium. He is currently of the mind most vampires are unworthy of death and this has put him on "sabbatical" from the Inquisition. Part of the issue with his death seeking is that he has recently gained the ability to see things that should not be seen and coincidences conspire to save his life. He is either Awakening, Imbued, or genuinely protected by God.
                  Last edited by CTPhipps; 05-04-2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Eyyyy Sullivan Dane! Glad to see that everyone's fan favorite hunter is still kicking it! X D

I'm gonna open up my notes and get some more stuff but I definitely am a fan of everyone's favorite human badass and Marcus "Sure, I'm technically an Anarch, why not?" Vitel.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryffon15 View Post
                      Eyyyy Sullivan Dane! Glad to see that everyone's fan favorite hunter is still kicking it! X D
                      I like the idea he's either going to become something supernatural or die in the blaze of glory because he can't handle that,

I'm gonna open up my notes and get some more stuff but I definitely am a fan of everyone's favorite human badass and Marcus "Sure, I'm technically an Anarch, why not?" Vitel.
                      At the end of the day, Marcus needed an army and doesn't see much difference between the Anarchs and the Camarilla's lower classes. Caesar knew how to motivate the mob and so does Marcus. Mind you, he predates the Camarilla enough to still think of it as a new organization in my view.

Comment

+ Anatole has become a web ministry sensation that has become the religious equivalent of Banksy for the fact that his sermons that talk about Gehenna, vampires, Antediluvians, and more have spread across the internet despite countless attempts to take them down. So much so that many think he should be on the Red List alongside Theo Bell. He actually has a much larger ministry of human followers than vampire ones. Anatole is believed by many to also be dead but his spirit lives in the Malkavian Madness Network among dozens of hackers as well as street preachers. He wants to redeem Lucita but whether such a thing is wanted by her or possible is anyone's guess.

+ The Wan Kuei were forced to withdraw from large portions of their territory due to the Yama Kings swallowing up hundreds, if not thousands of them, into the hells. They were aided by this from a heretofore large number of Cainites that had been living in secret in their territories but have since allied with the Camarilla. The Wan Kuei still exist but as a minority in their own lands.

+ Salvador Garcia betrayed the Anarch cause for the Jade Courts because his commitment to utopian communism was actually greater than his commitment to Anarch freedom. Salvador had been an ally of the Brujah Council as well as its authoritarian rule well before he was an ally of Jeremy MacNeil. He has since murdered most of his former colleagues in the Kuei-Jin and New Promise Mandarite, claiming that his treason was slander. Theo Bell has evidence of his crimes and is blackmailing him into hiding him. Salvador has since started receiving help from the Russian Federation, though, and has begun once more undermining the Princedoms from the inside.

Comment

Beckett is still kicking around, researching and writing. He would never call himself a "Gehenna prophet"- how unspeakably gauche- but he believes it's real, now. It's real, it's happened before, and maybe it can actually be stopped. The Inner Council is debating putting him on the Red List still.

Victoria Ash is sitting in the Tehran haven she shares with Tegyrius, and she's bored out of her skull. She sympathizes with Iranian mortals who push for a more liberal culture, because currently what passes for a party in Tehran is horribly dull. She knows too much is at stake to start cheating on Tegyrius with somebody, but God if the thought isn't tempting.

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

Up from the Warrens; the subterranean world and one filled with tunnels, catacombs, sewers, and subways alongside whatever else whether natural or artificial that the sewer rats can claim.

Some NOSFERATU of note...

•Pusfinger
                            -The Masquerade is a simultaneously delicate and resilient thing. One too many corpses could create hunters yet decades of horror moves have numbed humans to the terrors of the night. Thus the Nosferatu prankster known as 'Pusfinger' has become a kindred celebrity amongst youths for their capacity to walk openly and spread images and videos over themselves and have the response of mortals be amazement and love for the kindred's 'special effects make-up skills'

•Uncle Smelly
                            -One of the famous architects of SchreckNET, the Nosferatu whose chosen alter-ego is the most extreme caricature of a Nosferatu known to vampiric society. Still one of the prominent leaders of the digital network and a leader of the New York City warrens, 'Smelly' oversees a global network of information and prestation for the whole clan and its network.

•Cock Robin
                            -The former Justicar, while Molly MacDonald claimed the position in 2011, still remains a radical opponent of the Anarch Movement and with the Sabbat on the decline in North America, this has given even more opportunity for Cock Robin to gain prominence within the Ivory Tower for leading militarized efforts against the Anarch Movement.

Comment

Taking some inspiration from the last post for this one, some notable figures who have been caught within the cobweb and serve as vessels for an ancient unknowable madness.

Some MALKAVIANS of note...

•Rasputin
                              -Perhaps the most infamous kindred urban legend, the mad monk's story has maintained the most resilient persistence amongst the Moon Clan who occasionally claim to have sited the figure throughout the streets of eastern europe or preaching to street congregations or in 'private sermons'. Many skoff at the claims, yet the stories continue.

•Vasantasena
                              -The Gehenna Prophetess and one of the most prominent figures in the creation of the Sabbat, Vasantasena has been a leading Sabbat Loyalist and Noddist for centuries, disgusted by the corruption and politicking rampant within the sect. She is known known as a leader of the Gehenna Crusade in the Middle East as she strives to lead the Sword of Caine against the most ancient vampires lying torpid there.

•Crazy Jane
                              -Another somewhat folkloric figure but more concrete then Rasputin is that of 'Crazy Jane' Pennington a Victorian woman turned malkavian who earned the favor of her clan for overturning despotic asylum domain keepers and helping young malkavians to learn to accept their curse, which she does to this night, although some wonder about the nature of her 'help' and her tendency to spread madless like a virulent.

•Malk Content
                              -Perhaps the most infamous and well known of the Malkavian urban legends, stories of Malk Content cross the world. Spilling over into human urban legend and digital creepy pasta; stories attributed to Malk Content range from the odd or humorous to the blood-curdlingly horrific.

•Dr. Douglas Netchurch
                              -A well known professional in the vampiric world and particularly the Camarilla, Douglas operates primarily in North America due to European elder's rumored disdain for him. Regardless, his studies are often fascinating to those seeking a modern answer to the vampiric condition and his work is followed closely as he strives to medically define vampirism.

•Anatole
                              -The old medieval malkavian has gained a variety of reputations for his known contact with the famous Beckett, his status as a European folk saint, and his ties to contemporary and digital spiritual networks. While supposedly destroyed, many Malkavians report feeling a spiritual overseer hanging over their shoulder or a largely unknown figure posting on boards with Anatole's linguistic quirks.

•Bela
                              -Bela is a strange guy. A known specter of Los Angeles, particularly old Hollywood, and a man who does bear a striking resemblance to the famed actor Bela Lugosi, his delusions as to being the infamous 'Count Dracula' have many kindred in stitches, particularly anarchs. Despite the violence and tensions of the West Coast Wars, Bela has surprisingly survived and gained a sort of cult celebrity amongst many young kindred across sect lines who follow his unlife with genuine delight and bemusement. He would surely have been destroyed long ago if it weren't for the fact he was generally harmless and that whoever killed him would suddenly become a villainous black hat for dozens if not hundreds of young vampires.

Comment

Working...
                              X