What could be in Bindusara's library?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could be in Bindusara's library?

I'm STing one of his childer, it's an ancilla/elder chronicle set in Vienna, but I have individual flashbacks of the PCs instruction by their sires (relevant to the upcoming session) and I just got surprised by this.

I already deduce on Encyclopaedia Vampirica, Book of Nod (enochian), Lords of the Night (by Acindynus, latin) and clay tablets in proto-sumerian written by Ea Adapa (I'll keep that to myself).

Any other thoughts of what could he have?

- Saga

A copy of Coming Forth By Day, maybe stolen from a murdered Lector Priest. Anelects of the Third Garden. Maybe some sort of ancient writing on the subject of Azazel Caine. Fragments of the Sword of the Night maybe record by a Nosferatu listening to the recitation.

Dark Thaumaturgy Treatise.

A collection of letters from Triole.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
      A copy of Coming Forth By Day, maybe stolen from a murdered Lector Priest. Anelects of the Third Garden. Maybe some sort of ancient writing on the subject of Azazel Caine. Fragments of the Sword of the Night maybe record by a Nosferatu listening to the recitation.

Dark Thaumaturgy Treatise.

A collection of letters from Triole.

Those are interesting ideas.

The Analects of the Third Garden is an interesting subject, perhaps I can tie a Hukros exposition to it from Cybele (deity) worship times.

On Azazel Caine I have 0 idea on that theory (though I guess that one of the forums ideas I'm seeing lately). Where and when can that idea be originated from (cainite based)? The name is from the hebrew Book of Enoch (therefore pre-Canaaite, which could almost be contemporary to Bindusara himself).

I have no idea what the Dark Thaumaturgy treatise is. A rough description on it?

Letters of Troile is an interesting idea I can work on in haste

Thanks!

- Saga

Comment

The Azazel-Caine was from The Talmaherah guide where Lilith and Caine worked together to make the 2nd gen.

A Dark Thaumaturgy Treaty would be something like a grimoire written to damn someone by getting them into infernalism.

Comment

Everything Beckett has ever sought after, letters between vampires, translations of books which should have been lost, and that rare first draft of the constitution with the word "suckers" in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
            Everything Beckett has ever sought after, letters between vampires, translations of books which should have been lost, and that rare first draft of the constitution with the word "suckers" in it.
            Don’t forget the only nude picture of Mark Twain!

Comment

Shelf after shelf of erotic "Little House On The Prairie" fan fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Reasor View Post
                Shelf after shelf of erotic "Little House On The Prairie" fan fiction.
                You jest, but this brings the subject of things like Antediluvian and Methuselah works of art like a Scroll of Poems using a meter no longer recognized in the modern world. Or essentially the concept of Novels but invented millenia early like in the form of one of Malkav's Childer writing simple enjoyable fiction to tell stories or teach lessons.

Oh and Cartography! How about a 5 thousand year old set of maps that shows a primitive reckoning of all seven continents plus an 8th.

Or an 800 year old monograph by a Malkavian who believed Enoch was never the name of the city only the 2nd Gen who governed it, and the true name of the city was Atlantis.

Or several different accounts placing the First city in the American Southwest, Japan, and Australia.

Or Rosetta stone for a Language invented by an extinct Vampire sect that was a contemporary of the Talmaherah.

Or Tablets or Scrolls preserved from the time before Enoch, relics from the War of Wrath when the Angels warred with the Fallen. Such Antediluvian apocrypha would be interesting for a vampire to investigate, especially if they can date the relic as being older then 14k years old.

Maybe an Apocryphal account of when Haquim discovered Alamut and fought with/had words with that great Godeagle entity. Maybe claiming it was a primeval Djinn, Lost Paths does state the Oldest Djinn are way ancient, like 20k years old ancient.

Comment

You jest, but this brings the subject of things like Antediluvian and Methuselah works of art like a Scroll of Poems using a meter no longer recognized in the modern world. Or essentially the concept of Novels but invented millenia early like in the form of one of Malkav's Childer writing simple enjoyable fiction to tell stories or teach lessons.

Oh and Cartography! How about a 5 thousand year old set of maps that shows a primitive reckoning of all seven continents plus an 8th.

Or an 800 year old monograph by a Malkavian who believed Enoch was never the name of the city only the 2nd Gen who governed it, and the true name of the city was Atlantis.
                  In my games Critias, from Chicago by Night, purports exactly that - among other things because he is the Critias from Plato's dialogues on Atlantis!

Or several different accounts placing the First city in the American Southwest, Japan, and Australia.
                  Have you ever heard of Tenochtitlan, aka the city of Tenoch, also known as the historic center of Mexico City?

Or Rosetta stone for a Language invented by an extinct Vampire sect that was a contemporary of the Talmaherah.
                  Would Enochian be an apropriate name for such language perhaps?

Or Tablets or Scrolls preserved from the time before Enoch, relics from the War of Wrath when the Angels warred with the Fallen. Such Antediluvian apocrypha would be interesting for a vampire to investigate, especially if they can date the relic as being older then 14k years old.
                  In a contrarian note, have you noticed that the Fallen's houses have names coming from mesopotamian myth? What if the "angels" and "demons" are just the Igigi and Annunaki duking it out and the Caine/Fallen mythos just a monotheist spin/veneer on older sumerian myths (like a good chunk of the Genesis, might be said)?
                  Last edited by Baaldam; 01-10-2021, 03:19 PM.

Comment

You'll find some great inspiration and suggestions here: https://www.storytellersvault.com/pr...&filters=45622

Highly recommended as a resource

Comment

Apart from vampire-specific books and writings, I'd expect him to have the world's most complete collection of records, literature, and correspondence from the Mauryan Empire. Also lots of early religious writings dealing with Jainism and Buddhism.

As for more eldritch contents, I'd say the Erciyes Fragments are a must-have, as are Egyptian mysteries he'd have been privy to during his visit to the Fire Court.

Comment

I like how I was debating coming in here to make a comment about 'random ingame figure's XYZ erotica' and others beat me to the punch. So I shall take a different route: 'The map to where Jabal stored his supply of Really Good Weed.'

Half-seriously, it might depend on how crossover-ish you want to get. I'd also been thinking (half jokingly) of the true confessions and master plan of Saulot (having in mind what was discovered in the Trannsylvanian chronicles) but I realized if one isn't objecting to the tie-ins that represents you might very well do that. Or it could even become a plot point.

Other semi-relevant tie ins might be with Dark Ages and might or might not lead to sub-plots, treasures, or whatever. Losts writings of the first Promethean, the diary of the Stoneman (Anarchs might like that), random books on blood sorcery (not necessarily just dark thaumaturgy), or perhaps the location of that Grail and other relics that the Grail Knights from Ashen Knight were supposed to be guarding.

Or the True origins of the Setites and Osiris (some potential mummy tie in as well too, if that's your thing.)

Comment

Working...
                        X