You're ready for the Embrace. But first! Plastic Surgery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CajunKhan
    • Jul 2014

I generally go with the idea that the Beast wants its shell to be as a effective as possible. That's why it makes it grow fangs, that's why it usually fixes things like nearsightedness, that's why it removes some fat but not the breasts, etc. It's trying to create the perfect predator, not a zombie.

So, as an extension of that, I judge that it keeps useful changes but replaces plastics with organic equivalents, essentially Viccissitude-lite stuff. So, for example, if you have fillings, the fillings are pushed out and replaced with bone. Hip replacements are replaced with an actual hip, etc.

It all boils down to, a vampire is not a zombie. A vampire is the shell of a demonic beast that wants its home pristine.

Comment

• Chris Wilson
      • Nov 2013

This sounds so Malkavian. The Malkavian wants the perfect childe or has some image he wants to recreate. They kidnap their potential childe and force them to undergo a strict fitness regime. The vamp gaslights them into thinking its not enough. It is their fault they aren't perfect. Some are killed while others are forced to undergo plastic surgery. Most still aren't perfect and are discarded. Some are embraced, Most still do not meet the Malkavian's expectations and are consimed, A few are fortunate and are abandoned. They are close to perfection. Almost all surviving Malkavians have an addiction to plastic surgery, an eating disorder, or something similar. Of course the plastic surgery never lasts. Maybe it does in their mind or maybe they seek out Tzimisce to force them to make them perfect.

Comment

• Nosimplehiway
        • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Chris Wilson View Post
        ...Most still do not meet the Malkavian's expectations and are consimed, ...
        And, that, right there is the difference between Malkavians and Ventrue. "Eww. You're not going to eat that, are you?

Comment

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
          • Nov 2013

I'm not starting my trip through forever nights before I get my hair plugs put in...

I don't think the embrace should magically make someone better looking, and i disagree with rules that make this an automatic thing. If a player wants a supernaturally good looking PC, let them buy the right number of dots, or merits, at character creation. That said, a sire forcing a mortal to go through plastic surgery before the embrace has a lot of story possibilities.

Comment

• Wingstorm
            • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
            I'm not starting my trip through forever nights before I get my hair plugs put in...

I don't think the embrace should magically make someone better looking, and i disagree with rules that make this an automatic thing. If a player wants a supernaturally good looking PC, let them buy the right number of dots, or merits, at character creation. That said, a sire forcing a mortal to go through plastic surgery before the embrace has a lot of story possibilities.
            I don't think the embrace actually makes you look better per say. It just heals and fixes problems you have like balding, acne, etc. To make you the best you can be.

If your ugly or handsome, your still as is.

When I mentioned plastic surgery, I was thinking things like nose jobs or actually changing the shape and looks of a person. Same for looking weight or exercising to look fitter.

Comment

• Sagacious Gamer
              • May 2019

Honestly, the idea that pretty much any vamp (at least a Cam associated vamp) will create a childe without extensive prep work is kinda absurd.

Getting permission to Sire is a big deal with a lot of political capital involved. A poor choice will have major negative reputational harm on the Sire and raise questions about both the Sire's and the Prince's competence; a good choice (in contrast) will be a boost to both. The Childe is also the obvious weakpoint of the Sire to anyone interested in gaining leverage over said Sire.

Realistically speaking, any vamp that is interested in Siring is going to create a carefully curated stable of potentials and ghoul the best of them. Then give them a few decades (or a century plus) of testing to see how they handle immortality and many of the issues that come with unlife.

Just grabbing someone who impressed them one day, or perhaps after watching them for a few months, and then turning that someone is idiocy of the highest order and should have real consequences.

Calling in a favor to get a Tzimisce to Fleshcraft the potential into whatever the Sire considers ideal would probably be standard for those with the connections.

Comment

Working...