Cainites like Devil-Tiger?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock113
    started a topic Cainites like Devil-Tiger?

Cainites like Devil-Tiger?

So Devil-Tigers is a Dharma (equal to Path of Enlightenment in VtM) of Wan Gui, the Kindred of the East. It is also my favorite one. It thinks Wan Gui are demons appointed by Heaven, having duties to punish the unrighteous beings. They use wicked powers to fight wicked creatures and devote themselves to the P’o (equal to Beast of VtM). They look like infernalist, but they’re not indeed

So have you created a Cainite like this? A good Sabbat or anti-hero “evil” vampires who use infernal powers to do righteous things? They may have rather high virtue indeed

• Pleiades
    replied
    Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

(Incidentally, some wordcount spent on the Cainite Heresy, gnosticism and how it might tie up with the paths of Redemption, Cathari and the Sabbat as a whole could be an interesting read)
    iirc, the guide to the Black Hand mentioned Cathari having started as a heretical way of the cainite heresy (a heresy of a heresy, since they worship opposite Gods),
    if the cathari are still alive (which I highly doubt), they'd probably be terrorizing or hunting down the church of caine (since that's all they can do nowadays)

Redemption probably doesn't care about gnosticism, and definitely doesn't care about noddism (to them, Caine was wrong),
    and I don't know, but I don't think the cainite heresy is heavy on punishing sinners,
    so I doubt there's much overlap between the two
    Last edited by Pleiades; 09-16-2020, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spencer from The Hills
    replied
    Originally posted by Pleiades View Post

yes, though as far as I know, Road of Heaven see themselves as blessed (sometimes as quasi-angels) whereas path of Redemption see themselves as monsters, accept their damnation and are expected to explore sin

on that respect, the kuei-jin are closer to the Redemption perspective than the Heaven one
    The Path of Divinity puts kindred above mortals in God's plan, but the Paths of Penitence and Tears teach that kindred are inferior to mortals. I'm not sure if the fourth path, of Retribution, specifies whether kindred are better or worse than mortals; I think their role, as punishers of sinners, is just different.

Leave a comment:

• Baaldam
    replied

yes, though as far as I know, Road of Heaven see themselves as blessed (sometimes as quasi-angels) whereas path of Redemption see themselves as monsters, accept their damnation and are expected to explore sin

on that respect, the kuei-jin are closer to the Redemption perspective than the Heaven one
    Redemption sounds like a remake/retcon of the Nocturnal Redemption path from Montreal by Night than "vanilla" Road of Heaven, i guess, a perspective more in tune with the Cainite Heresy possibly. Heaven itself might be seen as closer to the Resplendent Crane dharma, possibly.

(Incidentally, some wordcount spent on the Cainite Heresy, gnosticism and how it might tie up with the paths of Redemption, Cathari and the Sabbat as a whole could be an interesting read)

Also, Song of Shadow is a dharma that sounds more in tune with the Oblivion discipline than anything else in the game.
    Last edited by Baaldam; 09-16-2020, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pleiades
    replied
    Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Pardon the ignorance, but the Path of Redemption is kind of a modern version of DAV's Road of Heaven introduced in Chaining the Beast or am i mistaken on that? Got that impression from a quick read on the wiki.

Leave a comment:

• Baaldam
    replied
    the closest thing to Devil Tigers are the Martyrs,
    they're Sabbat on the path of Redemption,
    they believe they are monsters cursed by God with the duty to punish Sinners

there's another one called Path of Righteous Night, which is the legacy of the Road of Night,
    it's pretty much the same as Redemption, just more niche (cause lasombra love their niche paths)

however, to get a perfect copy of Devil Tiger dharma, you need to mix in a bit of path Lilith (pain), Night (evil) and Redemption (punishing sinners)

Pardon the ignorance, but the Path of Redemption is kind of a modern version of DAV's Road of Heaven introduced in Chaining the Beast or am i mistaken on that? Got that impression from a quick read on the wiki.

Leave a comment:

• Justycar
    replied
    Assamites, they are even called Silent Tigres in the East.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
    So Devil-Tigers is a Dharma (equal to Path of Enlightenment in VtM) of Wan Gui, the Kindred of the East. It is also my favorite one. It thinks Wan Gui are demons appointed by Heaven, having duties to punish the unrighteous beings. They use wicked powers to fight wicked creatures and devote themselves to the P’o (equal to Beast of VtM). They look like infernalist, but they’re not indeed

So have you created a Cainite like this? A good Sabbat or anti-hero “evil” vampires who use infernal powers to do righteous things? They may have rather high virtue indeed
    Honestly I was thinking of incorporating in my headcanon the idea of Wan Gui Missionaries that help indoctrinate willing Cainites into approximation Roads based on Dharmas. They would be rare since they would be hated by Kindred and Wan Gui general populace, but they could serve an interesting niche purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Thoth
    replied
    An Assamite/Banu Haqim that only accepts contracts for the depraved, criminal, or otherwise usually classified as "bad" people fits the profile quite well. Such a character is more or less Dexter Morgan with fangs.... right down to the fascination with blood.

Leave a comment:

• Pleiades
    replied
    the closest thing to Devil Tigers are the Martyrs,
    they're Sabbat on the path of Redemption,
    they believe they are monsters cursed by God with the duty to punish Sinners

there's another one called Path of Righteous Night, which is the legacy of the Road of Night,
    it's pretty much the same as Redemption, just more niche (cause lasombra love their niche paths)

however, to get a perfect copy of Devil Tiger dharma, you need to mix in a bit of path Lilith (pain), Night (evil) and Redemption (punishing sinners)
    Last edited by Pleiades; 05-26-2020, 07:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Black Flag
    replied
    Yeah, it’s something some Catholic Lasombra have also dabbled in. It eventually informed the Sabbat’s unique theology, in which they’re the good guys fighting for redemption in the eyes of Caine. But, also influenced by the Cainite Heresy, the Sabbat reject God’s authority and focus on Caine as their messiah.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight
    replied
    Look at path of night

Leave a comment:

Working...
X