Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Sire feed their own vitae to newly embraced childer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Sire feed their own vitae to newly embraced childer?

Newly embraced vampires are said to rise hungry for blood. Often in a frenzy.

In the absence of a kine to feed on or for other reasons, can a Sire satiate this initial hunger with his/her own blood/vitae?

*Things like the Sire is able to stop his childer from feeding once enough is given etc is assumed.

I don't see why not and if the sire wants to build a stronger blood bond, sure.

Comment

Nice way to introduce the Flaw: Thirst of the Ancients
      Your first meal was of a Cainite vitae thus your Beast refuse to eat anything else and the lesser blood won't sustain you
      Blame dad for it

Comment

Originally posted by Wingstorm View Post

In the absence of a kine to feed on or for other reasons, can a Sire satiate this initial hunger with his/her own blood/vitae?

*Things like the Sire is able to stop his childer from feeding once enough is given etc is assumed.
        Yes, they can but you have things like Lestat doing his best to force Claudia away because they won't stop if you don't stop them. I imagine most Elders are going to have a body or two nearby to make sure that their childer feed first. That's just how I run such things, though. I have the view that if you're willing to Embrace someone, you're probably willing to murder someone [for higher humanity vampires, make sure it's an asshole].

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Thanks for all the input.

I'm making a character for a new story. When I got to the embrace with my ST, it occurred to me that the character's Sire may not want anyone nearby when the embrace took place. Hence the question.

That said, I don't think it would be hard for the Sire to slash a kine or two aside for the character. The embrace is in a war time. It's just the initial burst of hunger from the embrace that needs to be resolved.

A related question, it said the childer will feel like he is burned and take awhile (hours?) for the changes in his body to take place. Does the hunger kick in before, during or after these changes?
          Or is it left ambiguous to make each embrace unique and interesting?

Comment

Originally posted by Wingstorm View Post

Most sires would make sure there are vessels handy. Assuming this is not the case, yes, the sire can feed the childe as much as they choose to spare from their own blood.

It is, theoretically, possible a childe might overpower their sire and drink them dry, but it seems highly unlikely. A vampire in the position of siring has disciplines, knowledge of how to increase attributes, and the advantages of experience and preparation (thus, the usual presence of vessels). A childe does not emerge with any disciplines, knows nothing of vampiric powers, and is likely quite confused about their situation. If nothing else, a sire (ignoring the masquerade for a moment) need only throw their childe toward the nearest source of vessels, perhaps out the window.

If a childe has managed to diablerize their sire at the moment of the embrace more than a dozen times in the history of vampires, I would be surprised.

As for the blood bond...

In V20, it does not matter how much is drunk in a night. It's drinking any amount on three separate nights. If drinking three blood points at one time placed you in a three step bond, diablerie would be much rarer.

V20, p286: If a being drinks three times, on three separate nights, from the same Kindred, she falls victim to a state known as the blood bond.
            In V5, the same basic mechanic applies.

V5, p234: Just as in the Embrace, the Blood consumed must be taken directly from the vein of the donor, as it loses its power to Bond in a matter of seconds unless drunk. The drinker must repeat the act on three separate nights with no more than a year between drinks for the Bond to fully form.
            So, a sire is not able to bond their childe the first night. It would be wise to provide vessels for the childe on the night of their embrace, to help keep them calm. If a bond is desired, it would make sense to feed the childe the sire's blood on the next two nights. In addition to regular feeding from humans, of course.

Comment

The way I understand it, it takes a minimum of a few drops of Vitae to Embrace someone. This is why accidental Embraces are possible, though rare. (Examples include a mortal victim biting a vampire in struggle before being drained, or a mortal bleeding out in the middle of a chaotic fight involving one or more vampires, where LOTS of blood is flying).

But while it only takes that little, the Sire could easily elect to feed their potential Childer more. Multiple whole Blood Points, bled down the person's throat.

The Childer will always wake thirsting for blood, of course. Giving more blood during the Embrace makes the difference between waking to unlife merely peckish, and waking ravenous.

In the former case, the Sire can spend however much time they feel like explaining the Childer's new condition and the world they've been forced into, before letting them feed for the first time. The Sire could even decide to take the Childer out on their first hunt, if they wish. Though I suspect even a Sire who would prefer that would be wise to arrange a backup vessel or a blood bag to be handy, just in case.

All of this assumes, of course, that the Embrace was pre-planned. Rare ones may be the aforementioned accidental Embraces, while others were merely impassioned, opportunistic, done on a whom, or otherwise unplanned. In which case the Sire might be thinking very hard about where the nearest vessel is they could "tap" to feed the new vampire babby. Assuming they don't just abandon them apathetically or in panic. On the other hand, a Sire who makes a vampire from someone they exsanguinated will probably have a full Blood Pool, any portion of which could be used in the Embrace to assuage the Childer's hunger (for the moment).

Comment

Working...
              X