No announcement yet.

V5 did the Lasombra right...and wrong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dracula’s a literal character in the lore, and he’s a Tzimisce. Probably not going to unring that bell. He’s even in BJD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taggie View Post

And your obsession with destroying everything that makes Tzimisce fun, and reducing them to mockery is really irritating, you obviously hate them and the Sabbat I don't comment on the Anarchs anymore, because I don't like them, and anything I wanted for them wouldn't be something the people who do like them want, can you please extend the same courtesy to Tzim and Sabbat fans.
      Is it hard to think I love the Tzimisce and just don't care about Vicissitude that much? You've put down what I love about the Tzimisce but those elements ARE part of the Tzimisce. It's like saying, "You hate the Toreador! You love PAINTERS more than sculptors." Serious question, all sincerity, why do you think I hate the Tzimisce? My longest running character was a Tzimisce. The aforementioned Erasmus of Prague.

Also, wtf would I do lengthy posts on how to do the Sabbat in V5 if you think I hate them?

I get why you are upset with V5's handling of the Sabbat, 100%. I don't know what you think my problem is, though.

Originally posted by Black Flag View Post
      Dracula’s a literal character in the lore, and he’s a Tzimisce. Probably not going to unring that bell. He’s even in BJD.
      He was a Tzimisce as early as Children of the Inquisition.
      Last edited by CTPhipps; 06-03-2020, 11:56 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I don't think that makes any sense and hasn't been backed up by the majority of Tzimisce Kolduns, though.

Like I said, some retcons make better stories.

Yeah, I think the Tzimisce getting Blood Sorcery would help explain their general weirdness as a clan in-universe and also make them better balanced against the Tremere as well as highlight their original Dracula-related roots.

He was a Scholomance sorcerer in the original novel, after all.

I am very interested in the idea of having a really honest to Gothic Horror Dracula clan, if you can't tell. I've always felt the Tzimisce were less cool the further they moved from that archetype.

And adap... stea... I mean, cross-polinizing with Requiem and the Ordo Dracul would do wonders, in my opinion, for the Tzimisce clan...
        Last edited by Alqamar Alaswad; 06-04-2020, 12:01 AM.

"No, no, don't look any further, my profile is actually more handsome than me"

Comment

• Originally posted by Alqamar Alaswad View Post
          And adapt... steal... cross-polinizing with Requiem and the Ordo Dracul would do wonders, in my opinion, for the Tzimisce clan...
          I love the Ordo Dracul.

My favorite things of Requeim are:

1. The Ordo Dracul
          2. Carthians
          3. Slashers
          4. Ashwood Abbey
          5. The Forsaken

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Sorry, but anyone who wants to take Vicissitude out from the Tzimisce just outright hate the Clan. That's it.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

• Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post
              Sorry, but anyone who wants to take Vicissitude out from the Tzimisce just outright hate the Clan. That's it.
              I'm going to destroy your argument in three words:

Old Clan Tzimisce

https://dusk.fandom.com/wiki/Old_Clan_Tzimisce

Also known as the best Tzimisce.

Comment

I'm going to destroy your argument in three words:

Old Clan Tzimisce

https://dusk.fandom.com/wiki/Old_Clan_Tzimisce

Also known as the best Tzimisce.
                That actually MAKES the argument. God those are a terrible abomination, right up their with True Brujah and Blood Brothers on the 'oh no WW, why?!?!' list
                Last edited by Taggie; 06-04-2020, 01:12 AM.

Comment

1)Is it hard to think I love the Tzimisce and just don't care about Vicissitude that much? You've put down what I love about the Tzimisce but those elements ARE part of the Tzimisce. It's like saying, "You hate the Toreador! You love PAINTERS more than sculptors." Serious question, all sincerity, why do you think I hate the Tzimisce? My longest running character was a Tzimisce. The aforementioned Erasmus of Prague.

2)Also, wtf would I do lengthy posts on how to do the Sabbat in V5 if you think I hate them?

I get why you are upset with V5's handling of the Sabbat, 100%. I don't know what you think my problem is, though.

He was a Tzimisce as early as Children of the Inquisition.
                  1). Frankly yes, not because you don't care about Viscittitude, but because you keep calling for it to be destroyed, and for them to turn into a tremere/ventrue hybrid.

2) because you keep trying to turn them into Anarchs meet ISIS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taggie View Post

That actually MAKES the argument. God those are a terrible abomination .
                    There's seriously people in the world who don't think the Old Clan Tzimisce are 1000x times better written than the Modern Clan?

I'm genuinely shocked.

I mean that. No joke or insult.

It's why all of the Dark Ages Tzimisce are based on the Old Clan.

Edit:

My opinions on Vicissitude

I don't hate Vicissitude, it's just the least interesting element of the Tzimisce clan. I don't think they should do away with Vicissitude either. I just think it should be a combo discipline rather than a Clan Discipline. Vicissitude is something that you should have some requirements for the higher level powers of with Protean doing most of the personal change elements. I think that Vicissitude has always been overpowered but aside from changing the requirements to have the ability to change OTHER PEOPLE (the ability to change yourself can be Alternate Protean Powers) I don't see any problem.

The Tzimisce's obsession with flesh and making living furniture are just superficial, dross, while the heart of the Tzimisce are their nobility and dark sense of honor. Their dark occultism and mystical side.

Originally posted by Taggie View Post

1). Frankly yes, not because you don't care about Viscittitude, but because you keep calling for it to be destroyed, and for them to turn into a tremere/ventrue hybrid.
                    See above for my opinions on Vicissitude.

2) because you keep trying to turn them into Anarchs meet ISIS.
                    The Anarch part of the Sabbat is my favorite part. "FREEEDDDDOOOOOMMMMM!"

Loyalists forever man.

My next favorite part is the dark occultism and supernatural elements.
                    Last edited by CTPhipps; 06-04-2020, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps
                      There's seriously people in the world who don't think the Old Clan Tzimisce are 1000x times better written than the Modern Clan?

I'm genuinely shocked.

I mean that. No joke or insult.
                      No, you definitely have to be joking outright. Nobody who actually likes the Tzimisce like the so called "Old Clan" Tzimisce over the main one. Just look at the "Like" number on Taggie's post in his former response to you on page 15 of this thread. Nobody in any margin of seriousness wants the changes you are suggesting. They are all ridiculous for the Tzimisce. Removing VICISSITUDE for Protean? WUT!? Blood sorcery focused Tzimisce.. WUT!??! Unironically thinking retcons for the Tzimisce would be GOOD!? LOL

EDIT:

Originally posted by CTPhipps
                      I don't hate Vicissitude, it's just the least interesting element of the Tzimisce clan.
                      Your joking right? You do know that's the discipline that made them a cult classic among the fan base right? Especially for Sabbat players in V20 or anyone who plays VTM in general. I- I.. This is a joke right? lol
                      Last edited by Shakanaka; 06-04-2020, 01:30 AM.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

No, you definitely have to be joking outright. Nobody who actually likes the Tzimisce like the so called "Old Clan" Tzimisce over the main one. Just look at the "Like" number on Taggie's post in his former response to you on page 15 of this thread. Nobody in any margin of seriousness wants the changes you are suggesting. They are all ridiculous for the Tzimisce. Removing VICISSITUDE for Protean? WUT!? Blood sorcery focused Tzimisce.. WUT!??! Unironically thinking retcons for the Tzimisce would be GOOD!? LOL
                        Like I said, Tzimicse in the Dark Ages were when the Clan was at its best. Its why the Old Clan was their basis instead of the modern kinds.

But I'll ask you a question? Do you like any of the other V5 changes? Because I do and think they'd work well with the Tzimisce.

Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post
                        Your joking right? You do know that's the discipline that made them a cult classic among the fan base right? Especially for Sabbat players in V20 or anyone who plays VTM in general. I- I.. This is a joke right? lol
                        Yeah, so it's pretty cool. What does it mean for roleplaying? I mean, I like Tzimisce backstory and roleplaying. Their whole Classical Movie Vampire motif.

The Path of Metamorphisis is neat but it's not the end of all the clan.
                        Last edited by CTPhipps; 06-04-2020, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• The only good thing about V5 is what I'll time and time again about- the streamlined combat system for Requiem.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

The only good thing about V5 is what I'll time and time again about- the streamlined combat system for Requiem.
                            I'm just saying I like the combining disciplines and thinking of ways it could be done under the system.

But I'm not changing anyone's mind so I'll drop the subject.

Comment

I mean. The no true scotsman appeal REALLY doesn't work for opinions. Especially when talking to someone who is. Espousing the exact opinion you are saying doesn't exist. Then there's the appeal to popularity (Even though this forum is highly polarized and I'm fairly sure you could right "fuck V5" and get a bunch of likes from the haters that roam around it).

But really. Removing Viss for Protean isn't outrageous. The flavor of the Viss: Molding and altering flesh of others. The Flavor of Protean: Altering the flesh of yourself. Level 2 of Protean: Gives you the ability to turn your fingers into weapons. Level 3 of Viss: Gives you the ability to turn bones into weapons. Level 4 Protean: A fight form turning into an animal. Level 4 Viss: Warform. If we go with D:AV20: Elder Protean lets you transform and take on the appearance of another. So on, and so forth. Most powers of both disciplines end up being about transmutation of the self or others.

As for blood sorcery focused Tzimisce we have Kolduns, Vozhd, Revenants, their tweaking of the blood bond. I mean. Really there's a lot of lore precedent for that type of thing. They are twisted experimenters and nothing quite best represents the flexibility that they have obtained and different projects that they have pursued than the discipline that gives them access to all sorts of rituals of varying power and utility.

Comment

I'm just saying I like the combining disciplines and thinking of ways it could be done under the system.

But I'm not changing anyone's mind so I'll drop the subject.
                                I dislike the way amalgams are being handled, and the loss of identity and options that the removal of clan uniques is causing

Comment

Working...
                                X