Messerach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koronus View Post

If it would have been an correctly mummified corpse it would not decompost (so fast) but iirc it whas a skeleton then yeah. But mayby this whas just a Troika rush oversight.
    It's not only the exposing but also the treatment.

Warrior of the Rainbow
    Saint among the sinners
    Pure among the dirt
    Loser among winners

Comment

Some fans assumed that Messerach WAS a Kindred. It's just he's still in torpor and Jack is going to dump him in a basement somewhere in a surprisingly kind gesture from the Brujah pirate.

Which isn't what the developers planned but would be a humorous twist.

Originally posted by Nail Eater View Post

It's not only the exposing but also the treatment.
      Yeah, the Storyteller screwed up. He's not an archaeology major.
      Last edited by CTPhipps; 06-06-2020, 10:08 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
        Some fans assumed that Messerach WAS a Kindred. It's just he's still in torpor and Jack is going to dump him in a basement somewhere in a surprisingly kind gesture from the Brujah pirate.

Which isn't what the developers planned but would be a humorous twist.
        I also assumed it wasn't the dead body. As I wrote earlier it wouldn't endure the treatment. But I like that option. I just thought that STs/developers would check the facts. I would. And Jack could either diablerize/destroy such ancient Kindred or convince him to help shake the Camarilla. I believe that both options are equally possible. The only problem is language. On the other hand history knows Kindred that are able to comunicate and even control the others while being in torpor.

Yeah, the Storyteller screwed up. He's not an archaeology major.
        Me neither. I got this knowledge from Indiana Jones franchise 😜.

Warrior of the Rainbow
        Saint among the sinners
        Pure among the dirt
        Loser among winners

Comment

My assumption is that the "joke" is that Messerach was a mortal human king, who worshiped Laamatsu. There was nothing supernatural about him whatsoever.

Jack is talking to a normal mummified corpse.
          I don't know man. A actual mortal king? In ancient times? In the world of darkness? With no connection to the supernatural whatsoever?!

It just...it doesn't seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by NuclearSnake View Post

I don't know man. A actual mortal king? In ancient times? In the world of darkness? With no connection to the supernatural whatsoever?!

It just...it doesn't seem right.
            I know, it would be the most shocking twist of all.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

The tomb is nothing, the can driver...well now, Caine? An antediluvian? A Methuselah? That's the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Taggie View Post
                The tomb is nothing, the can driver...well now, Caine? An antediluvian? A Methuselah? That's the fun.
                There was once a Cainite who claimed to be Caine. He was very... convincing. If he was the cabbie that would be a twist of plot 🙂.

Warrior of the Rainbow
                Saint among the sinners
                Pure among the dirt
                Loser among winners

Comment

There was once a Cainite who claimed to be Caine. He was very... convincing. If he was the cabbie that would be a twist of plot 🙂.
                  Any ancient could do a good enough impression to cow any ancilla or neonate. Plus how big an apocalypse do you need? A meth can do a city easy, an ante can do a nation, when you are next to them, what's the difference

Comment

I kind of like the idea Caine just finds the whole Antediluvian "rule the world" thing to be nonsense.

Comment

Here's a theory:

It is possible Messerach was a normal human corpse, and the coffin was opened from inside. It's also possible the mummy could be posed in multiple ways without cracking and crumbling.

The Giovanni could have animated the corpse. This is why it had to take a detour to the Giovanni mansion. While there the Giovanni had the mummy open the sarcophagus from the inside and climb out. Hell, maybe they had the mummy mow their lawn, who knows?

Jack arranged the whole deal:
                      • The Giovanni knew where the box was. How? Used a Necromancy seance and asked Mess's wraith where his body was. Problem is, they couldn't go get the box themselves, since if they were caught it would be very, very bad.
                      • Jack arranged for the sarcophagus (with Mess. inside) to reach the Giovanni. How? He told the Nagaraja about the items at the Giovanni mansion and the museum, and suggested she send the Protagonist to go get them. The break-in at the museum distracted Beckett long enough that Jack (or, more likely, an anarch agent) could steal the sarcophogus and deliver it to the Giovanni.
                      • The Giovanni animated the mummy and had him open the box from the inside. The Giovanni kept the mummy, after weighing him.
                      • Jack is given access to the open sarcophagus, and replaces the exact weight of the mummy with explosives. He recloses and seals the lid.
                      • The Giovanni keep the profits from selling the coffin to the highest bidder. Pretty much anybody who would be the highest bidder and get the box and the key in one place is someone Jack wants blown up.
                      Jack, realizing the opportunity has arisen, goes back to the Giovanni mansion after the protagonist "deals with" the Giovanni and gets the mummy. The mummy is still animated at that point, like the other zombies in the mansion, so Jack ties him to a chair for storage until he quiets down.

Comment

Part of me likes to go back to the idea of "the night is dark and full of terrors... besides vampires." So he might be a wraith or spectre, a lich, or something else.

Part of the loves the poetry of him jut being the bones of a mortal and nothing else.

Comment

I agree with Grumpy RPG Reviews...

And a third part of me wishes the coffin had a false bottom: we saw just a mortal corpse, and the lich (mummy, spectre, Risen, Harbinger of Skulls, etc...) was lurking underneath, all the while giggling madly (or not so madly...) to emself...

"No, no, don't look any further, my profile is actually more handsome than me"

Comment

Count me in as liking the idea of Messerach being a normal human king with no connection to the supernatural at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurkhal View Post
                              Count me in as liking the idea of Messerach being a normal human king with no connection to the supernatural at all.
                              Technically, I think the answer was there all along. That ignorant and confused Swedish archaeologist extensively examined the coffin and had the key.

So he knew the truth but no one paused to LISTEN to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Alqamar Alaswad View Post
                                I agree with Grumpy RPG Reviews...

And a third part of me wishes the coffin had a false bottom: we saw just a mortal corpse, and the lich (mummy, spectre, Risen, Harbinger of Skulls, etc...) was lurking underneath, all the while giggling madly (or not so madly...) to emself...
                                Right up until the C-4 went off anyway. Oops.

Comment

Working...
                                X