Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think Mithras’s True Love is?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Okay. I guess I didn’t see it mechanically.


    “It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Penelope View Post
      Okay. I guess I didn’t see it mechanically.

      A couple of other relationship reads I have:

      1. Melusine: I tend to think that Mithras is the sort of person who groomed Melusine to be a potential rival as he's a god of war who can't exist without enemies. The so-called Archbishop of London is someone that he has amused himself by fighting. Melusine both loves and hates Mithras as he is the embodiment of the ancients that the Sabbat fights but also possessed of the kind of charisma that she believes only someone like Caine could possess. There is a powerful attraction there I'd wager but Mithras is more amused that she's smart enough to keep his mind going. Sadly, to Mithras at least, she's unable to pose a true challenge and is more like Doctor John Dee. Sort of the Riddler or Penguin to his Batman--never an archenemy. Lady Anne Bowesley, by contrast, utterly despises her and fights her on every front.

      2. Gwenllian Arwyn: I believe introduced by the FALL OF LONDON, Gwenllian Arwyn is basically the anti-Roger de Camden in many respects. The pater of Mithras cult, she is almost 2000 years old and an immensely powerful Kindred in her own right. She pledged herself to Mithras when he defeated the Celtic queen Boudicea and plotted to overthrow him from within. However, Mithras' blood bond and charisma meant the lie became reality for centuries. If I were running the game and happy to include a dark subtext, I'd say that she is Mithras' most regular lover throughout the centuries and deeply disgusted with herself for submitting to be a Roman god's concubine. However, Mithras never enters torpor long enough to not renew the bonds between them and return her to slavery before she can break the chains. The Brujah would very much love to slake her thirst on Mithras and end his reign forever but it wasn't until Monty Coven's diablerie that she's regained her sense of self. However, denied revenge on the Ventrue ancinet, what is there for her? The Celtic lands of her youth not only have given way to Romans but also Anglo Saxons, Normans, and even more peoples. With Mithras resurrected she may yet have a chance at revenge or she might finally willingly submit to him and cast aside what little remained of her humanity.

      3. Regina Blake: This is just my invention but Mithras had a very short relationship with the childe of Victoria Ash and he finds himself deeply amused by her. Her Humanity was so close to the surface, it effectively served as a Touchstone for him and reminded him of the days that things of mortals remained. It is not an especially deep relationship, at least as Mithras views things, but it is one that he might exert himself to protect her in.

      4. Valerius: Sometimes you just outgrow a lover or a lover outgrows you. Valerius was a Roman man who loved Mithras and was his submissive both sexually as well as religiously, IMHO. However, Mithras abandoned Rome when it fell and Valerius never quite could. Mithras grew bored with Valerius' attempts to recreate Rome in Londonium and outright was ANGERED by the fact that he found a more eager set of ears in continental Europe's Ventrue. Valerius became lovers with Hadestadt the Elder for a time and while their relationship didn't last past his dramatic change of personality post Tyler's attack, it showed Mithras that Valerius was unfaithful. When Mithras awoke past the London Fire and found Valerius had brought "his" city into the Camarilla, Mithras didn't even care enough to destroy him. Valerius was left with the ultimate punishment of being a Ventrue with no power or respect no matter how powerful he was. Sadly, as much as he'd LIKE to hate Mithras, he is still devoted and on the Path of Mithras. He just prays to a God who holds him in contempt and leaves him to feed on young handsome soldiers.
      Last edited by CTPhipps; 06-10-2020, 10:27 PM.


      Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

      Comment


      • #33
        He's a vampire - and an elder vampire at that, so the True Love of Mithras...
        ...can only be Mithras.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
          He's a vampire - and an elder vampire at that, so the True Love of Mithras...
          ...can only be Mithras.
          Or someone they truly hate.

          Hate and love are the same once you hit a 1000. Look at Lucita and Fatima.


          Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post


            A couple of other relationship reads I have:

            1. Melusine: I tend to think that Mithras is the sort of person who groomed Melusine to be a potential rival as he's a god of war who can't exist without enemies. The so-called Archbishop of London is someone that he has amused himself by fighting. Melusine both loves and hates Mithras as he is the embodiment of the ancients that the Sabbat fights but also possessed of the kind of charisma that she believes only someone like Caine could possess. There is a powerful attraction there I'd wager but Mithras is more amused that she's smart enough to keep his mind going. Sadly, to Mithras at least, she's unable to pose a true challenge and is more like Doctor John Dee. Sort of the Riddler or Penguin to his Batman--never an archenemy. Lady Anne Bowesley, by contrast, utterly despises her and fights her on every front.

            2. Gwenllian Arwyn: I believe introduced by the FALL OF LONDON, Gwenllian Arwyn is basically the anti-Roger de Camden in many respects. The pater of Mithras cult, she is almost 2000 years old and an immensely powerful Kindred in her own right. She pledged herself to Mithras when he defeated the Celtic queen Boudicea and plotted to overthrow him from within. However, Mithras' blood bond and charisma meant the lie became reality for centuries. If I were running the game and happy to include a dark subtext, I'd say that she is Mithras' most regular lover throughout the centuries and deeply disgusted with herself for submitting to be a Roman god's concubine. However, Mithras never enters torpor long enough to not renew the bonds between them and return her to slavery before she can break the chains. The Brujah would very much love to slake her thirst on Mithras and end his reign forever but it wasn't until Monty Coven's diablerie that she's regained her sense of self. However, denied revenge on the Ventrue ancinet, what is there for her? The Celtic lands of her youth not only have given way to Romans but also Anglo Saxons, Normans, and even more peoples. With Mithras resurrected she may yet have a chance at revenge or she might finally willingly submit to him and cast aside what little remained of her humanity.

            3. Regina Blake: This is just my invention but Mithras had a very short relationship with the childe of Victoria Ash and he finds himself deeply amused by her. Her Humanity was so close to the surface, it effectively served as a Touchstone for him and reminded him of the days that things of mortals remained. It is not an especially deep relationship, at least as Mithras views things, but it is one that he might exert himself to protect her in.

            4. Valerius: Sometimes you just outgrow a lover or a lover outgrows you. Valerius was a Roman man who loved Mithras and was his submissive both sexually as well as religiously, IMHO. However, Mithras abandoned Rome when it fell and Valerius never quite could. Mithras grew bored with Valerius' attempts to recreate Rome in Londonium and outright was ANGERED by the fact that he found a more eager set of ears in continental Europe's Ventrue. Valerius became lovers with Hadestadt the Elder for a time and while their relationship didn't last past his dramatic change of personality post Tyler's attack, it showed Mithras that Valerius was unfaithful. When Mithras awoke past the London Fire and found Valerius had brought "his" city into the Camarilla, Mithras didn't even care enough to destroy him. Valerius was left with the ultimate punishment of being a Ventrue with no power or respect no matter how powerful he was. Sadly, as much as he'd LIKE to hate Mithras, he is still devoted and on the Path of Mithras. He just prays to a God who holds him in contempt and leaves him to feed on young handsome soldiers.
            This is great!!!


            “It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

            Comment


            • #36
              One final one for you, Penelope:

              Queen Anne Bowesley: There are few women (or men) who have the distinction of not being overly impressed with Mithras. It is a testament to the sheer awesome ego of Queen Anne that when she discovered that Mithras not only had other lovers but that she was not even 4th of his affections, she managed to snap the hold that Mithras held on her in any way but direct mental domination.

              Mithras has always admired the overly ambitious and those who work against circumstance so his entertainment by Queen Anne is real as have his rewards when he's offered other Kindred for her to diablerize. Indeed, her private loathing of him was a source of attraction to him [because when you reach 1000+, you are universally an asshole of epic proportions]. Much like most Ventrue, Queen Anne is a master of flattery and fake affection. So much so that she could fool any person on the planet save someone with Auspex that pierces souls. She truly believes Mithras is infatuated with her even as she plots against him.

              Privately, Queen Anne maintains a harem of young men and women utterly subservient to her. It is her daily meal that helps keep Mithras' influence from her mind [until his death at least] that he views her as she views them--a disposable source of blood and pleasure.

              ====

              Obviously just how I'd play them all.
              Last edited by CTPhipps; 06-11-2020, 02:36 PM.


              Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

              Comment


              • #37
                CTPhipps that is super awesome. I’m gonna run Mithras and Anne (and her harem) exactly that way if I end up using them in Ventrue Chronicle (which is really good btw, I can’t wait to read Part 2). Thank you 😊😊😊.


                “It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

                Comment


                • #38
                  Lady Gwen first appears in V20 Dark Ages Companion and again in the Beckett's Jyhad Diary.


                  Matthew Dawkins
                  In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing


                  Website: https://www.matthewdawkins.com
                  Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                    Lady Gwen first appears in V20 Dark Ages Companion and again in the Beckett's Jyhad Diary.
                    Thanks for the correction. There's the reason you're Da Master.


                    Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      *Sees title*

                      Power?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Mithras truly felt for Kemintiri. If Regina didn't intervene, he would have probably left the seat of Prince and leave with her (Victorian Age trilogy). This was one of the most significant moments of the methuselah, he desired to leave his position as "god" to be at her side.

                        - Saga

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          omenseer 😂😂😂

                          @saga yes!! Thank you 😊. I always had a feeling they were really into each other.


                          “It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X