Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Kartarirya's stuff contradict KotE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have World of Darkness: Tokyo and Vampire Hunter X at home (alongside World of Darkness: Hong Kong), but I can't find them at the moment... But I know I have them.

"No, no, don't look any further, my profile is actually more handsome than me"

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Unless the Gaki are what Old Clan Tzimisce are called in the region.

Mind you, I refuse to accept the retcon that the Gaki are Kuei Jin. They were there first and best.

The final line intrigues me. Is it possible the Kuei-Jin are spirits riding Cainites?

Gaki have more in common with KJ than Kindred.

Comment

Shakanaka do you like V5 or hate it? I was just wondering. I like it overall.

CTPhipps do you think the Gaki and the Wan Gui are two separate species?

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

No not really. It feels like Requiem, not like the original Masquerade.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Shakanaka thanks. I’m not that familiar with Requiem, so maybe I didn’t notice.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

KotE was itself a massive retcon, whereas in 1e and 2e the Gaki and “Cathayans” generally were presented as the same sort of creature as the rest of vampiredom, though they were assumed to have their own native clans and sects. The Camarilla presence in Japan goes back to 2e. It’s not surprising that the sudden plopping of KotE stuff into the continuity didn’t gel with stuff that had already been established.

Comment

A trivia: In Heresy of Way, Radha the Usurper, a Face of Gods Wan Gui, is a potent foe of his child, Ratti-Ben, who also makes home in Vrindavan. So I think it is still possible he has conflict during Revised

Comment

Wasn't he mentionend to be the eldest childe of the Tzimisce antediluvian in some book? Embraced before Gallod or the Dracon? If he is awake, he would probably be one of the few vampires that could give Ur-Shulgi a run for his money.

Comment

The Revised Edition Tzimisce Clanbook, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post
                      There has always been a strong Kindred presence in Tokyo, as well as a strong Hungry Ghost presence.

Does nobody read any material other than V5 here?
                      Not even that because V5 says that there's a strong Kindred presence in Tokyo.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by blackshade View Post
                        Wasn't he mentionend to be the eldest childe of the Tzimisce antediluvian in some book? Embraced before Gallod or the Dracon? If he is awake, he would probably be one of the few vampires that could give Ur-Shulgi a run for his money.
                        It was mentioned in [Cb-Tz, pg. 68] [Cb-TzR, pg. 34] [EV, pg. 101]

- Saga

Comment

Meh, just some Tzim "doing the Mithras" as an avatar or other of this guy....

Originally posted by blackshade View Post
                          Alexia Theusa has been mentioned as the childe of an antediluvian too, make of that what you will.
                          Last edited by Baaldam; 09-19-2020, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Sri Lanka is a pretty big island I can see it existing with Cainites and Wan Gui, so I think the methuselah claims the island and other cainites believe the claims but in truth siring is limited by Hungry Dead rivals.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                              Sri Lanka is a pretty big island I can see it existing with Cainites and Wan Gui, so I think the methuselah claims the island and other cainites believe the claims but in truth siring is limited by Hungry Dead rivals.

Or the Hungry Dead's presence is limited by the Methuselah's brood, ghouls, herd & cult. Possibly a bit of both.
                              Or neither, as you said, Sri Lanka IS a big place, maybe more than enough room for both groups to exert themselves without bumping between them, except when one actively seeks out the other.
                              Last edited by Baaldam; 09-21-2020, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X