Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[V5] So what do we think is going on in Tokyo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

* One particular Old Clan Tzimisce I enjoyed
    *ahem* who also happens not to be old clan...

apart from the exile, they don't sound that tzimisce feudal lord to me

first one is a Toreador in the housing business,

the chief is some blood cult leader, I don't know if being the prince of subways and the homeless makes you a feudal lord,
    but ok, the nosferatu have been the feudal lords of the sewers for millenia so, I can accept that

as for batman...what?

the exile's the only one that seems to match the description of neofeudalists in revised,
    if the mayor is not masquerading,
    it raises the question of how did the sabbat manage to get their ass kicked when such things are possible in v5,

alternatively...if they are masquerading, how are they different from a Ventrue?

-

Comment

• Originally posted by Pleiades
      it raises the question of how did the sabbat manage to get their ass kicked when such things are possible in v5
      Because the Sabbat don't fit in this current edition, so they got ungracefully softnuked with so many cumulative events that don't make no sense whatsoever.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

• Originally posted by Pleiades View Post

*ahem* who also happens not to be old clan...

apart from the exile, they don't sound that tzimisce feudal lord to me

first one is a Toreador in the housing business,

the chief is some blood cult leader, I don't know if being the prince of subways and the homeless makes you a feudal lord,
        but ok, the nosferatu have been the feudal lords of the sewers for millenia so, I can accept that

as for batman...what?

the exile's the only one that seems to match the description of neofeudalists in revised,
        if the mayor is not masquerading,
        it raises the question of how did the sabbat manage to get their ass kicked when such things are possible in v5,

alternatively...if they are masquerading, how are they different from a Ventrue?
        Except they were all Old Clan Tzimisce.

You COULD do them as other clans but why would you want to?

But I would love to hear how you'd adapt Old Clan Tzimisce to the modern era.

Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post

Because the Sabbat don't fit in this current edition, so they got ungracefully softnuked with so many cumulative events that don't make no sense whatsoever.
        Except they were already having ANOTHER major Civil War in Beckett's Jyhad Diary.

I am curious what you don't see the Sabbat fitting in the new edition, though.
        Last edited by CTPhipps; 06-16-2020, 08:51 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Except they were already having ANOTHER major Civil War in Beckett's Jyhad Diary.

I am curious what you don't see the Sabbat fitting in the new edition, though.
          The rejection of Humanity and of humans as anything but chattel and cattle (and thus the Touchstones drama tokens), The Paths in general (because the new Convictions/ Tenets system really doesn't play nice with them), and the fact that they are now taking up plot and concept space that has been taken by the Anarchs

Comment

A lot of the Old Clan Tzimisce carry a sense of antiquity, responsibility, and power that being a vampire lord should. If you're a fan of Strahd, Dracula, or Carmilla then they are the vampires for you. It's also kind of cool that it's a dying clan like the Salubri as the modern world leaves them behind. They cannot change because their clan is all about the Good Old WaysTM and slavish devotion to ancient tradition but that doesn't make it wrong. They also have all the cool stuff of the mainstream Tzimisce clan like the Revenant families, just without the gross monsters and even then they still have hellhounds and probably summoned Koldunic monsters.
            You have summarized quite nicely what I love about the Tzimisce. To me, Vicissitude has always been an interesting hobby that somehow became a corroding infection.

Additionally, I love the way you connected the three "ruling clans": the Ventrue as merchant-lords, the Lasombra as the Church, and the Tzimisce as "The Lord is the Land".
            The metaphor could be developed, and see the Toreador as the Clan of Art, the Tremere as the Clan of Knowledge and the Malkavians as the Clan of Wisdom.

Uhmm... I feel interesting ideas are coming...

"No, no, don't look any further, my profile is actually more handsome than me"

Comment

• I want to highlight again that in the books the name is Old Clan, not Old Clan Tzmisce. And that could be very important if the name Old Clan now references all the Tzimisce (bloodline or not), with or without Vicissitud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justycar View Post
                I want to highlight again that in the books the name is Old Clan, not Old Clan Tzmisce. And that could be very important if the name Old Clan now references all the Tzimisce (bloodline or not), with or without Vicissitud.
                Possibly.

Though we've had the Tzimisce referenced in the leaks about the Players Guide so it doesn't seem like the Old Clan is the name of the entire clan like the Ministry and Hecata have come.

At least that's my impression.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Possibly.

Though we've had the Tzimisce referenced in the leaks about the Players Guide so it doesn't seem like the Old Clan is the name of the entire clan like the Ministry and Hecata have come.

At least that's my impression.

It may be the polite reference for Cam Tzims tho. With Sabbat being 'Fiends',

Comment

• Every clan have half a dozen names, in example: Ventrue, Kings, Blue Bloods, Patricians... That does not mean that the Blue Bloods are a different branch of the Ventrue or the Praticians have political discrepances with the rest of the clan. I think that you are adding "tzimisce" to the name Old Clan to bring consistency to your conjectures.

Comment

Every clan have half a dozen names, in example: Ventrue, Kings, Blue Bloods, Patricians... That does not mean that the Blue Bloods are a different branch of the Ventrue or the Praticians have political discrepances with the rest of the clan. I think that you are adding "tzimisce" to the name Old Clan to bring consistency to your conjectures.
                      Take note that the next sentence states, "They're Old Clan BUT THEY DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TREMERE."

I think that's a pretty big clue that it's the Tzimisce.

And the Old Clan Tzimisce have been a separate branch of the Clan since 2nd Edition.

Comment

• The Old Clan Tzimisce have been a separate branch. But the text says Old Clan, not Old Clan Tzimisce. Could be, easily, the name of the whole clan.

Comment

The Old Clan Tzimisce have been a separate branch. But the text says Old Clan, not Old Clan Tzimisce. Could be, easily, the name of the whole clan.
                          Could be.

I'd wonder why they were called the Old Clan, though since they're all the same age.

Comment

• The Old Clan are the descendants of the Eldest, no need to introduce inner bloodlines to this.

Comment

Could be.

I'd wonder why they were called the Old Clan, though since they're all the same age.

For being super territorial and paradoxically unchanging?

Comment

But I would love to hear how you'd adapt Old Clan Tzimisce to the modern era.
                                without having them look like Ventrue? I have no idea

within v5 limitations, the only ideas that come to mind are similar to yours,
                                which means, having enough money to bruce wayne their way through unlife

it' just makes them into Ventrue-likes, all ideas have them running a business,
                                since vampiric powers have been neutered, being a businessman is the only way to get anywhere on top

you could say they'd have revenant families, but the Ventrue have that too

and, if we are to believe your take on blood cults to be canon, then ventrue have also democratized blood cults in their clan (not that I'd like the idea of old clan as cultists)

so yeah...I don't know how to make them stand out...

at least with gangrel and lasombra, you have your castle lord also happen to be an eldritch horror terrorising town,
                                old clan though...without Vicissitude or koldunism...give them lupine ghouls maybe? have animalism work on lupines or something?
                                otherwise they're just ventrue

-

Comment

Working...
                                X