Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a vampire prolong a kiss for pleasure?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a vampire prolong a kiss for pleasure?

So I was reading that for most vampires, the kiss is very pleasurable for both the victim from and the kindred involved.

Which leads to the question, can a vampire prolong a kiss for enjoyment sake?

Maybe by drinking very little blood over a long session of time? Or taking only a trickle of blood?

Also can/would a vampire use a slow draining, prolonged kiss for more nefarious purposes? Like to keep a blood doll, or other victim addicted? Etc?

Edit: Oh! And can a vampire choose to take less then a BP worth of blood during a kiss/feed?
    Last edited by Wingstorm; 06-26-2020, 04:12 AM.

I guess so, because Real People in the Real World (TM) don't have BP, and Kindred do not have a concept of what a BP is. So I guess that, in case they wanted, vampires could do what you are asking, yes...

"No, no, don't look any further, my profile is actually more handsome than me"

Comment

Originally posted by Wingstorm View Post
      So I was reading that for most vampires, the kiss is very pleasurable for both the victim from and the kindred involved.
      yes, though it's unclear if the vampire has to drink to feel the pleasure, or if biting is enough

Which leads to the question, can a vampire prolong a kiss for enjoyment sake?

Maybe by drinking very little blood over a long session of time? Or taking only a trickle of blood?
      yes, that's how they have sex, or at least how most vamps enjoy it

Also can/would a vampire use a slow draining, prolonged kiss for more nefarious purposes? Like to keep a blood doll, or other victim addicted? Etc?
      uhh, I'm not sure if I understood,
      but, if you're trying to keep a victim distracted or incapacitated, then yes
      I mean, nothing in the rules says you can't (WW really needs to give more details, I'm getting sick of the same quesions remaining unanswered even after more than 20 years)

-

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiades View Post
        uhh, I'm not sure if I understood,
        but, if you're trying to keep a victim distracted or incapacitated, then yes
        I mean, nothing in the rules says you can't (WW really needs to give more details, I'm getting sick of the same quesions remaining unanswered even after more than 20 years)
        I was wondering could a vampire make a victim addicted to the kiss faster, by using a prolonged application of the kiss as a means to encourage addiction.

Comment

Wingstorm Yes, they can feed as slowly as they like to extend the pleasure. But, they should call their physician immediately if their fangs are extended for more than two hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Alqamar Alaswad View Post
            I guess so, because Real People in the Real World (TM) don't have BP, and Kindred do not have a concept of what a BP is. So I guess that, in case they wanted, vampires could do what you are asking, yes...
            Unfortunately, it's canon in Masquerade that people know about blood points and can measure them in-universe. They were discovered by the Malkavian scientist Dr Douglas Netchurch and the details were published back in…Revised, I think?

What exactly has happened to his research in V5 is an open question. I'm hoping he doesn't discover the exact mechanics of Hunger and Rouse Checks, because by comparing the probabilities of messy crits and bestial fails across different actions, he could calculate exactly how many dice people had in their pools, and the difficulty values of different tasks. And I don't think the fourth wall could handle that.

Comment

I remember that point about Doctor Netchurch, but... how many Kindred are going to believe the findings and publications of a Malkavian who claims to be both a doctor and an expert in hematology? Bah...

"No, no, don't look any further, my profile is actually more handsome than me"

Comment

Alqamar Alaswad

Well, at least in V20&pre, the concept of a single blood point should be a fairly intuitive unit of measure.

In the night-to-night life of vampires a single blood point is:
                • How much blood it takes to awaken each evening.
                • How much blood it takes to power certain discipline powers, and some powers require a single blood and some do not require any. The cost is not variable, and is never a "half unit". For example, Presence 1 always costs one bp; never two bp or zero bp. If you activate Presence 1 five times, it is always as tiring as awakening five times.
                • How much you can take from a single human each night, with no ill effect. Mortals regain this much each day.
                • Vampires of the same generation have the same blood pool. If they drink as much as they can hold, they will be able to awaken for exactly the same number of nights, assuming no other expenditures.
                • How much it takes to make the embrace work.
                So, blood points is an unusually easy phenomena to detect, measure, and study, in-world.

Imagine if, in the real world, humans all required exactly the same amount of food and water each day, and this amount did not change from person to person, or depend on activity levels. Imagine, further, if it were impossible to eat half this much. Then, add that certain activities burn exactly one full day's worth of food, while some very similar activities do not. (eg: playing chess burns a full day's food, but playing backgammon does not) We would quickly realize, in rough terms, how "food points" work.

Of course, in V5 it becomes much more complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
                  Imagine if, in the real world, humans all required exactly the same amount of food and water each day, and this amount did not change from person to person, or depend on activity levels. Imagine, further, if it were impossible to eat half this much. Then, add that certain activities burn exactly one full day's worth of food, while some very similar activities do not. (eg: playing chess burns a full day's food, but playing backgammon does not) We would quickly realize, in rough terms, how "food points" work.
                  See, my preferred interpretation would be that blood points are a mechanical abstraction, not something that actually exists in-universe. Like how in D&D you can't somehow measure someone's hit points before and after a rest to figure out how many hit dice they have.

That's not the interpretation Masquerade went with, of course. But the mechanics don't have to be measurable in-universe.

Comment

I would say you should approach this as an addict would. Blood is a drug for vampires. When you feed, it's heaven for you. Imagine the agony of having blood right there, fresh supply to sate your hunger literally flowing into your mouth, and then having to restrain that? It would be hell.

If you wanted to restrict your feeding to make it last longer, I would call for a self-control roll every time. Probably also describe in vivid detail how their character torments themselves by dragging the feeding out.

Furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by pang4 View Post
                      I would say you should approach this as an addict would. Blood is a drug for vampires. When you feed, it's heaven for you. Imagine the agony of having blood right there, fresh supply to sate your hunger literally flowing into your mouth, and then having to restrain that? It would be hell.

If you wanted to restrict your feeding to make it last longer, I would call for a self-control roll every time. Probably also describe in vivid detail how their character torments themselves by dragging the feeding out.
                      Wait... When is blood "addictive" to a vampire? They need it yes. It gives great pleasure from feeding yes. But outright addictive?

Isn't it unrealistic that a self-control roll is needed every time a vampire feeds? After all, if blood is so "addictive" to all vampires, why won't a vampire just drain every last drop of blood in a kine each time they feed?

2/3 of all feeds would end up with a dead kine?

How is the masquerade not breach at all?

Comment

Realistically, I think the Kiss would probably be orgasmic for the mortal being fed on, but for obvious reasons I don’t like getting into this much detail when we play. Most of the times the ST just handwaves it as “The person really enjoyed it.”

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Of course, in V5 it becomes much more complicated.
                          Wouldn't that be a Rouse check??

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                            Wouldn't that be a Rouse check??
                            Yeah, it would, which is what makes it more complicated. Rouse checks are a probablistic price, so it's harder for an average vampire to figure out how their personal blood management works.

Let's say three vampires of the same generation and blood potency all have either Hunger 5 or zero blood points (as appropriate to the system), and they each fully drain one human of equal size and health. The vampires are careful not to spend blood other than waking up.

In V20&pre, all three vampires continue to rise each night as normal, at the cost of one bp. They all run out of blood the tenth time they awaken from a daysleep. Noticing the pattern? Easey-peasy. (btw, a graph of this would like a straight, sloping line.)

In V5, there is a much larger set of possible outcomes. The likeliest outcome is the blood lasts them all about ten days. But, if one (or all!) of them roll abysmally, they might run out in five days. Or, if one (or all!) of them roll brilliantly, they could... in theory... stretch that blood out for weeks and weeks. Oh, it's unlikely, but one of them could, in theory, make it last a month or more, if their player has loaded dice. (btw Graphically, the possible outcomes makes a curve with a very, very long, slender tail.)

Real world metaphor: imagine your landlord offered two possible schemes for your rent. The first is a standard 1000 per month. The landlord is a betting man, however, and is willing to make a special arrangement. The rent would be 2000 per month, but each month he'll flip a coin. If it's heads, you owe nothing; tails, you pay. In the long run it's the same price, but imagine making a household budget under those circumstances.

It is much less likely that a vampire who lacks a background in the maths or sciences would figure out the Rouse check system, while the average lay vampire probably has at least a gut understanding of blood points.

Comment

Yeah, it would, which is what makes it more complicated. Rouse checks are a probablistic price, so it's harder for an average vampire to figure out how their personal blood management works.

Let's say three vampires of the same generation and blood potency all have either Hunger 5 or zero blood points (as appropriate to the system), and they each fully drain one human of equal size and health. The vampires are careful not to spend blood other than waking up.

In V20&pre, all three vampires continue to rise each night as normal, at the cost of one bp. They all run out of blood the tenth time they awaken from a daysleep. Noticing the pattern? Easey-peasy. (btw, a graph of this would like a straight, sloping line.)

In V5, there is a much larger set of possible outcomes. The likeliest outcome is the blood lasts them all about ten days. But, if one (or all!) of them roll abysmally, they might run out in five days. Or, if one (or all!) of them roll brilliantly, they could... in theory... stretch that blood out for weeks and weeks. Oh, it's unlikely, but one of them could, in theory, make it last a month or more, if their player has loaded dice. (btw Graphically, the possible outcomes makes a curve with a very, very long, slender tail.)

Real world metaphor: imagine your landlord offered two possible schemes for your rent. The first is a standard 1000 per month. The landlord is a betting man, however, and is willing to make a special arrangement. The rent would be 2000 per month, but each month he'll flip a coin. If it's heads, you owe nothing; tails, you pay. In the long run it's the same price, but imagine making a household budget under those circumstances.
                              That’s a good way to explain it.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Working...
                              X