Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to comprehend and roleplay terribly old vampires?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haquim View Post

Obviously yes because the rules state that only 3rd gen vampires have the potential for lvl 10 disciplines. But keep in mind Ilyes is not canon, its inclusion in the Fair is Foul Gehenna scenario was just a take on the POSSIBLE events of Gehenna. Ilyes is not even mentioned in the other 3 scenarios AND its backstory in Fair is Foul contraddicts the previous canon (in the scenario it is said that Ilyes never sired anyone aside from Troile and then used Temporis 10 to escape destruction at her hands)
    I wasn’t sure if a Fourth Generation Kindred could ever achieve Lvl 10 or if Generation was an absolute barrier. Thanks.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post

I wasn’t sure if a Fourth Generation Kindred could ever achieve Lvl 10 or if Generation was an absolute barrier. Thanks.
      Well from V20 it is in absolute barrier if they do not break caines curse of the weakening generations with golconda. So as I said before you could be with golconda everything from 4-16 and still reach lvl 10.

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
      First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
      Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Koronus View Post

Well from V20 it is in absolute barrier if they do not break caines curse of the weakening generations with golconda. So as I said before you could be with golconda everything from 4-16 and still reach lvl 10.
        IIRC the benefit of breaking generation limits to disciplines is just an optional rule suggested in Chaining the Beast. Golconda's effects are not exactly defined and it's up to the ST to decide if the state of Golconda can even be reached by vampires or not in any given chronicle...

Comment

Honestly for me it's a combination of trying to keep in mind the context they would have lived it, wearing away their sense of humanity to nubs, and thinking about how many of them would be chilled by The Curse to the point of badly being able to function outside of their own mind and the great machinations of the jyhad.

I'm also the sort of ST that would make meeting a methuselah personally a once/chronicle interaction with their servants, catspaws, and manipulations being the more visible representations of their characterization which helps to maintain the mystique imo.

Comment

I suspect that at that age, human beings are no longer really "real" to you. Even ancilla and some younger elders may be seen more the way you would see a favorite pet than a human friend.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

I'd go with:

1) Understand from when and where they came from.
              2) Know who sired them and why and what is expected from them.
              3) Afterwards just carry along on what they did in their past. Know where they established and who they met around those times.
              4) Significant moments in kindred history (if they are from the First or Second City/Sumer/Indus Civilization/Ancient Egypt/etc, know their peers and enemies)
              5) Having a setting in every period of time helps a lot.
              6) Dominate 9. This is the reason I needed to employ the above guide. Some cainities know this power and will use it, therefore, it is useful when and why they do so and who is affected by it

This takes A LOT of time and research but its worth it.

- Saga

Comment

Working...
              X