This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trippy View Post

I didn’t realize there has been an official statement about Gargoyles?
    There is. Only 12 (maybe 11) clans will be in PG.

Comment

• Originally posted by blailton View Post

There is. Only 12 (maybe 11) clans will be in PG.
      Gargoyles aren’t a Clan.

Comment

Gargoyles aren’t a Clan.
        lol. This is for real, dude? Are you srsly doing it?

Comment

lol. This is for real, dude? Are you srsly doing it?
          One could ask the same of your comments really.

Comment

• Tremere are not a Clan

-

Comment

• Originally posted by Pleiades View Post
              Tremere are not a Clan
              Actually they are, but their origins are peculiar to them because of their unique history. They are one of the original Clans of the 1st edition of Vampire. Gargoyles never have been.

Comment

• This is a silly divergence and has nothing to do with Justin Achilli. Gargoyles are a Bloodline, Tremere are a Clan, and Salubri are an ex-Clan.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                  This is a silly divergence and has nothing to do with Justin Achilli. Gargoyles are a Bloodline, Tremere are a Clan, and Salubri are an ex-Clan.
                  And Gargoyles will not be in PG and the sky is blue.

Comment

And Gargoyles will not be in PG and the sky is blue.
                    Fact is that The Player’s Guide for V5 hasn’t been published yet, and we don’t know what will be in it yet.

The reason why the Clans are now meant to be detailed in it was because it was a suggestion by fans (including me, actually!) to include them when Modiphius solicited ideas and suggestions for the book on their forums a few years ago. While there has been snippets of news discussed online, it is not set in stone and it has been delayed. Unless you are a V5 writer or developer, how would anybody know whether Gargoyles or any other bloodline are going to be in it or not? The advantage of having a strong, experienced developer like Justin Achilli to guide the line is he may be able to speed up the process of books like the Players Guide being published - mainly because he will be decisive about what should or shouldn’t be included. He gets to decide - you don’t.

Moreover, all this is a deflection and this is the second thread I’ve noticed this week (the other being about Wraith 5) where you have thrown in a totally off topic sly dig at V5. Habit, perhaps?
                    Last edited by Trippy; 07-11-2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Fact is that The Player’s Guide for V5 hasn’t been published yet, and we don’t know what will be in it yet.

The reason why the Clans are now meant to be detailed in it was because it was a suggestion by fans (including me, actually!) to include them when Modiphius solicited ideas and suggestions for the book on their forums a few years ago. While there has been snippets of news discussed online, it is not set in stone and it has been delayed. Unless you are a V5 writer or developer, how would anybody know whether Gargoyles or any other bloodline are going to be in it or not? The advantage of having a strong, experienced developer like Justin Achilli to guide the line is he may be able to speed up the process of books like the Players Guide being published - mainly because he will be decisive about what should or shouldn’t be included. He gets to decide - you don’t.

Moreover, all this is a deflection and this is the second thread I’ve noticed this week (the other being about Wraith 5) where you have thrown in a totally off topic sly dig at V5. Habit, perhaps?
                      ZzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzz

Comment

ZzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzz
                        The red text above was a polite warning. This is not. Please leave the thread.
                        Last edited by CTPhipps; 07-11-2020, 09:04 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Justin is solid. I expect great thing. That being said, he was also one of the main writers of Revised and I'm genuinely concerned he might try to ween away from the V5 ruleset and try and push for revisions that are more in line to what he knows. But as long as he understands (and hopefully appreciates) the V5 changes and is ready to approve content that is aligned with these changes, everything should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by KarlB View Post
                            Justin is solid. I expect great thing. That being said, he was also one of the main writers of Revised and I'm genuinely concerned he might try to ween away from the V5 ruleset and try and push for revisions that are more in line to what he knows. But as long as he understands (and hopefully appreciates) the V5 changes and is ready to approve content that is aligned with these changes, everything should be fine.

That's my irrational fear, but it's not logical. Paradox will not allow heavy hewing away from the baselines (even as those baselines have been stretched by OPP's writing), considering literally everything they've licensed is based on V5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Flag View Post
                              However, he never cared for paths of enlightenment, nor have any of the developers since 2e. The general consensus is that the Sabbat's function as the low-Humanity sect is undermined by giving them all these paths that give them an out.
                              Back in the days of WW, I wanted to split the difference and get rid of Paths as an alternative to Humanity, and instead introduce them as philophies a Sabbat (or other) vampire could learn as an Ability to help them forestall losing those last 3 or 4 dots of Humanity they've got left (essentially letting them circle the drain just a little longer, at their low Humanity ratings, with these path teachings, using a rigid code of made-up rationalized ritualized psychobabble to cling to their sanity).

So we'd get to keep 'Paths,' in a sense, but they wouldn't replace Humanity, so much as be a stop-gap to allow Sabbat to function at low, low Humanity scores for longer than expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Turner View Post

Back in the days of WW, I wanted to split the difference and get rid of Paths as an alternative to Humanity, and instead introduce them as philophies a Sabbat (or other) vampire could learn as an Ability to help them forestall losing those last 3 or 4 dots of Humanity they've got left (essentially letting them circle the drain just a little longer, at their low Humanity ratings, with these path teachings, using a rigid code of made-up rationalized ritualized psychobabble to cling to their sanity).

So we'd get to keep 'Paths,' in a sense, but they wouldn't replace Humanity, so much as be a stop-gap to allow Sabbat to function at low, low Humanity scores for longer than expected.
                                I loved them for being alternatives to Humanity, for allowing inhuman monsters to be exactly that: inhuman, not 'low humanity' or 'immoral' but having a completely different morality entirely, and really allowing us to get down into the weeds about alternate morality, the nature of evil, the power of intellect vs instinct, the nature of the Beast etc, in a way Humanity alone simply doesn't, and cannot. IMHO any vampire clinging to Humanity is a delusional time bomb primed to wassail, and that should be hammered home. Hard. (Plus alternate routes to Golconda was really interesting)
                                Last edited by Taggie; 08-27-2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X