[V5] The official Sabbat speculation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [V5] The official Sabbat speculation thread

This is the official forum thread for discussing the Sabbat in V5. With Justin Achilli having taken over as Creator Director and his handling of them in Revised, it's now entirely possible we may be seeing our old friends in the Sword of Caine return to a more prominent role in the setting.

This is about speculating about their handling, their roles, and how to incorporate them when they come back from the Middle East or reveal they never entirely went in the first place.

Also, how they will be handled with Paths and morality.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

right now, I'm wondering how the new diablerie mechanics will affect the plot,

sabbat rely on diablerie for power, but now they can be overtaken by their victims,
    meaning that alot of the sabbat that survive will actually be Camarilla elders in a new body (no more elders being shorter than average I guess)

if the vaulderie is still a thing, that would mean some of the camarilla that were stuck with a blood bond for centuries will finally be free, and thirsty for revenge,
    it's like the Anarch revolt all over again

that's gonna be...weird

paths are definitely gone, since they require some structure and stability to maintain,
    pathers will have a hard time reconciling their morality and vampire supremacism with their constant losses and lack of hierarchy,

apart from path of the beast, I don't see what could survive
    Last edited by Pleiades; 07-02-2020, 06:53 AM.

-

Comment

Nothing really concrete to say, but really looking forward to it.

I don’t think they’ll completely get rid of Paths, but I do think they might change the mechanics somewhat and maybe make it so only a few Sabbat ancillae and elders follow them.

Cool! I forgot to capitalize Paths and my autocorrect did it for me.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Hmmm. You raise a really good point about Diablerie.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
          Hmmm. You raise a really good point about Diablerie.
          I dunno, there's a serious question of how many vampires was a Sabbat vampire expected to commit diablerie against in their lifetime? Is it something that happens once or twice a lifetime or were people playing it as a regular thing in a Sabbat vampire's life?

Do packs do diablerie as a group or as a single vampire?

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I always felt like Diablerie was a rarity, a big event in a Sabbat Cainite’s life when it happened.

Comment

I always felt like Diablerie was a rarity, a big event in a Sabbat Cainite’s life when it happened.
              I agree. It's why I never really thought it was a bad thing even for Road of Blood or Road of Caine people to have issues when they did it.

"Yes, its a religious sacrament to eat souls. It's also going to screw with your brain."

Comment

Exactly!

Imma get up and start my day now. Happy gaming 😊. Have a great day.

Comment

if you want to survive past the 10 year mark, you're gonna need diablerie,
                  if you want any adavancement in the sect or a path or be any kind of leader, you're gonna need diablerie,
                  you want to protect your freedom against elders and hunters, you're gonna need diablerie,
                  you wanna survive monomacy, you're gonna need diablerie,
                  you want to sire childer that won't turn out to be thin bloods, you're gonna need diablerie

you can argue that, statistically, most sabbat don't diablerize,
                  but also, statistically, most sabbat don't survive long

here we're talking about the sabbat that are still around, the 1 in 10 that hasn't died during the gehenna crusade,
                  the ones that matter, that will shape the future of the sect

high gens don't build sects, certainly not sects that champion cainite supremacy

-

Comment

Yes, but the Sabbat can really only commit Diablerie during sieges or crusades and those aren’t that common. Also, when I said Diablerie was pretty rare, I was primarily thinking of Diablerie committed against elders. Very few rank and file Sabbat members will ever get the opportunity to Diablerize an elder, with or without the help of their pack.

CTPhipps hmm. I wonder if that’s why the Antediluvians didn’t Diablerize the Second Generation. They knew the consequences of Diablerie.

Comment

[USER="12002"] I wonder if that’s why the Antediluvians didn’t Diablerize the Second Generation. They knew the consequences of Diablerie.
                      because:
                      1- diablerie wasn't known at the time, the first vampire to commit diablerie was an assamite on a toreador named amarantha (thus the name amaranth), neither were 3rd gen,
                      2- generation wasn't a thing either back then, since the curse that would make childer lose blood potency was only applied after the murdering of the 2nd gen

Yes, but the Sabbat can really only commit Diablerie during sieges or crusades and those aren’t that common.
                      no, they can diablerize other sabbat in monomacy, bloodhunt or turf war

they can diablerize non-sabbat whenever they wish, if they can, same for anarchs
                      Last edited by Pleiades; 07-02-2020, 05:20 PM.

-

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I dunno, there's a serious question of how many vampires was a Sabbat vampire expected to commit diablerie against in their lifetime? Is it something that happens once or twice a lifetime or were people playing it as a regular thing in a Sabbat vampire's life?

Do packs do diablerie as a group or as a single vampire?

regularly, but getting a target of lower generation was rare. At least in my experience, most if not all Vampire on Vampire combats (not duels or position fights, Sabbat vs Anarch/Cam/Independent or Pack vs Pack wars) ended with the killing blow via Diablerie, the times that it didn't was because of aggravated damage dusting the target. But that is a playstyle thing I think.

Comment

Yes, but I still think Diablerie is a rare occurrence even for the Sabbat, especially Diablerie of an elder. It just doesn’t happen all the time in the average vampire’s nightly existence.

Comment

I think about one diablerie per pack a year sounds about right on average. Obviously it will vary wildly from pack to pack baised on where they are, how violent they are and what paths they are on, but that seems right to me.

Amusingly, I've committed more diablerie in the Camarilla than the Sabbat...

Prone to being a Classic Curmudgeon, goshdarned whippersnappers...

Comment

Originally posted by jamiemalk View Post
                              Amusingly, I've committed more diablerie in the Camarilla than the Sabbat...
                              bloodhunts or sect wars? (or neither?)

-

Comment

Working...
                              X