No announcement yet.

[V5] The official Sabbat speculation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methuselah are so rare and usually well hidden I don't know why you'd use them as an example of VtM's young VS old theme being too difficult. An Elder to a Neonate is as a Methuselah to an Elder. And a bunch of mortals could still take out a methuselah if they had the right planning and equipment and... it was just really hard. But by the time Meths started taking an active roll in your chronicle your players should be Ancillae.

A group of mortals could kill a meth with the right planning and equipment: If you can't take punch above your weight you just need to get gud. Taking on elders was never meant to be easy, that's why they call it the 'Jyhad' and not 'tax evasion' or something. The game appearing difficult and seeing society as a collection of insurmountable challenges is what drives the narrative. You should fear everyone below and above you. V5? I could take out Caine with a Car bombing; the only thing to fear is that someone will will you dead before you can will them dead.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

• What, I thought Caine was Vampire G-D? And didn’t the Technocracy take out that andtivillan?

And of course Methuselah could be taken out with like all the United States military, why else would they hide instead of ruling the world?

Comment

• I have been running Sabbat with the Vaulderie adding a Touchstone/Conviction of

The Pack / Anything for the Pack

Also added Convictions that let you diablerize in certain circumstances that ignore the humanity hit.

The Sabbat are interesting, can't wait for Justin to bring them back.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
          The fluff doesn't match the rules.
          I think there will always be a level cap, for lack of a better term, in all RPGs. Where the PCs, and character with-in reach of the PCs, exist in one area. And "god-tier" NPCs exist at a different level, an area where game mechanics break down or at least become slow and difficult. In most editions of D&D this issue appears around 10th to 12th level, for example. In VtM this appears for thing more powerful than 8th generation.

All that to say, when dealing with vampires from the Bronze Age, the fluff won't match the rules because it probably can't match the existing rules.

We will have to wait for the Players Guide, and see if it provides some guidance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
            What, I thought Caine was Vampire G-D? And didn’t the Technocracy take out that andtivillan?

And of course Methuselah could be taken out with like all the United States military, why else would they hide instead of ruling the world?
            They die under enough artillery, or enough napalm but mostly they hide from each other, and other supernatural big beasts, whether Werewolf septs or mage traditions, or to an extent Fae courts, Methuselah can die, but it used to take a huge investment and risk, (hell Baba Haha obliterated every Vampire and most other supernaturals in the entire of Russia when she rose in the early 90s, Ur-Shulgi broke the Tremere curse on the Banu Haqim and is even described as not even seeming to move when killing anything short of another Methuselah, Mi-Ka-Il was the Arch Angel of Constantinople, and even fallen walked softly around him, their are more, but the true ancients can literally control nation's and shape history, all they really fear is each other, or of they understand them, nuclear weapons)

Comment

Working...
            X