Gangrel Antideluvian Location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gangrel Antideluvian Location

Is it suspected or known where she might be?

I have a player who's character saw her in a memory and now knows what he wants to hunt most of all.

I believe the most common answers are that she is just roaming the wilds, sometimes sense by Gangrel that have melded with the earth she is passing through.

From "Gehenna," we have the theory that she Earth Melded with the planet's core, in order to become One with the Earth/Transcend her vampiric Curse.

Comment

Nothing definitive. In one Gehenna story (before v20 and v5) she was one with the earth because of her extraordinary Protean. She was everywhere. She has been in Sumer. She's travelled far in the east too. You've a choice of any place--even your backyard.

Comment

I think unless you're playing "Crucible of God" as an end times chronicle it's best not to have her/it be earth-melded with the entire planet. But it seems likely the Gangrel clan got its cultural tradition of wanderlust from its founder, and I like the idea of a mobile genius loci passing through the ground underfoot, only manifesting a physical body topside if her/its attention is attracted by something interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
          I think unless you're playing "Crucible of God" as an end times chronicle it's best not to have her/it be earth-melded with the entire planet. But it seems likely the Gangrel clan got its cultural tradition of wanderlust from its founder, and I like the idea of a mobile genius loci passing through the ground underfoot, only manifesting a physical body topside if her/its attention is attracted by something interesting.
          There's a thought. Enoia is on her way. All the gangrel of the city start freaking out and they don't know why until she is under them.

Comment

There was an instance pointing to Ennoia being in Africa, and an ancient Gangrel, that might have been Ennoia, awoke in the desert of I believe Mongolia. Nothing solid though.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Kharnov View Post
              I believe the most common answers are that she is just roaming the wilds, sometimes sense by Gangrel that have melded with the earth she is passing through.

From "Gehenna," we have the theory that she Earth Melded with the planet's core, in order to become One with the Earth/Transcend her vampiric Curse.
              I imagine the Garou were not pleased.

Comment

Wasn't there a theory that she was in the North Pole? Or was that the Nosferatu Antediluvian?

Comment

Originally posted by omenseer View Post

As Matt the Bruins fan pointed out, that particular Gehenna scenario is pretty over-the-top epic; probably don't want to use it unless it really fits your chronicle themes.

But yeah, I too wonder about the implications for Earth/Gaia

Comment

Originally posted by Kharnov View Post

As Matt the Bruins fan pointed out, that particular Gehenna scenario is pretty over-the-top epic; probably don't want to use it unless it really fits your chronicle themes.

But yeah, I too wonder about the implications for Earth/Gaia
                    If/When it ever comes up I am leaning towards the "Traveling Genius Loci."

Comment

Originally posted by omenseer View Post

<ancient Sumerian>My grandchildren, you have spent all your too-brief lives worshiping a goddess who did not exist. Until NOW.</ancient Sumerian>
                      Last edited by Matt the Bruins fan; 07-14-2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

The juvenile side of me that loves seeing godmode powerful characters taken down a peg wants to say that she Earth Melded all the way through the Earth's crust and burned to death when she hit magma.

Comment

Originally posted by valismedsen View Post
                          Wasn't there a theory that she was in the North Pole? Or was that the Nosferatu Antediluvian?
                          The Nosferatu Ante is in hiding in Antarctica. I think there's a strong hint in a Werewolf book book iirc, but dont quote me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by hachiman View Post

The Nosferatu Ante is in hiding in Antarctica. I think there's a strong hint in a Werewolf book book iirc, but dont quote me on that.
                            He's hanging out in some truly ancient ruins in the mountains. He's chilling, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

He's hanging out in some truly ancient ruins in the mountains. He's chilling, if you will.
                              If by "chilling" you mean "possibly plotting a nuclear strike while growing his own army if kaiju" then sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X