No announcement yet.

Gangrel Antideluvian Location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most antediluvians are hiding where your storyteller says they are canon does not say anything definitive about any of them even the ones the game has focused on in previous material (Saulot, Tzimisce, Tremere and the now apparently gone Augustus/Cappadocius) some of the others have been spotted (Absimilliard) or something was hinted about them (Toreador, Lasombra and Gangrel). The rest had only the vaguest of mentions.

The only thing that's canonically certain is that Ravnos is dead and gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kael03 View Post

If by "chilling" you mean "possibly plotting a nuclear strike while growing his own army if kaiju" then sure.
      It was a joke about the place being cold and covered in ice.

Comment

Originally posted by omenseer View Post
        Is it suspected or known where she might be?

I have a player who's character saw her in a memory and now knows what he wants to hunt most of all.
        Care to say more on this? I'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Care to say more on this? I'm curious.
          In another thread omenseer was asking what sort of impact seeing an antediluvian would have on a vampire of higher generation. Their game had the players seeing just memory fragments and the gangrel saw Ennoia and found out their favored ultimate prey to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kael03 View Post

In another thread omenseer was asking what sort of impact seeing an antediluvian would have on a vampire of higher generation. Their game had the players seeing just memory fragments and the gangrel saw Ennoia and found out their favored ultimate prey to hunt.
            1 - How would a PC know the visions are from Ennoia and not some other female Gangrel ancestor in the blood chain connecting them?

2 - What prey is It?

3 - Could you give that other thread's link?😉

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

1 - How would a PC know the visions are from Ennoia and not some other female Gangrel ancestor in the blood chain connecting them?

2 - What prey is It?

3 - Could you give that other thread's link?😉
              This should do it. http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...n-antediluvian

Comment

Originally posted by hachiman View Post
                The Nosferatu Ante is in hiding in Antarctica. I think there's a strong hint in a Werewolf book book iirc, but dont quote me on that.
                There has definitely been mentions that Garou suspect something is in Antarctica. Antarctica is mentioned in every corebook - that it has no caerns, that there may be some kind of creatures buried under the glaciers, and that some Garou want to make a determined exploration of the continent. The exact wording always changes. I thought it was a possible oblique reference to H.P. Lovecraft's story The Mountains of Madness in first edition. Revised mentions Black Spiral Dancers.

However, this is the first time I've read that it may be the lair of the Nosferatu antedeluvian. If someone else can provide a reference, I'd be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Fox View Post

There has definitely been mentions that Garou suspect something is in Antarctica. Antarctica is mentioned in every corebook - that it has no caerns, that there may be some kind of creatures buried under the glaciers, and that some Garou want to make a determined exploration of the continent. The exact wording always changes. I thought it was a possible oblique reference to H.P. Lovecraft's story The Mountains of Madness in first edition. Revised mentions Black Spiral Dancers.

However, this is the first time I've read that it may be the lair of the Nosferatu antedeluvian. If someone else can provide a reference, I'd be interested.
                  I think it's in World Of Rage. But i cant swear to it.

Comment

I believe Gehenna also talks about Absimiliard was slumbering either under Antartica or under the Ocean floor with a brood of Kaiju.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

She's where ever she wants to be, I'm of the opinion she's torpored in somewhere that at least when she went to sleep was green and lush and full of wild life...Now if humans changed that she may just be a tinyyyy bit upset about it.

I imagine the Garou were not pleased.
                      Well...they can tell the insanely powerful vampire who can eat even 4th gens whole by becoming the earth itself that they're not pleased... I'd love to see how that goes.

Comment

Chalk me up as another supporter of 'mobile Genius loci'. I never cared for the idea that she morphed into a living planet (it was slightly less absurd power-wise than what Tzimisce became) and it really upset the idea of any serious power struggle between the Antes (Ennoia would either just swallow them up where they were buried, including Tzim... or eat whatever Tzim hadn't grabbed up by their own nigh-absurd transformation.) I don't mind the idea of a living, city destroying earthquake (seems more in line with Ante power given Raveos AND it reminds me of Mr Oliver from the third Anita Blake novel.)

The idea she's not some automatically some living planet also sets up some interesting narrative contrats with the Garou and Gaia that could play out any number of ways: Ennoia subsumes Gaia (ultimate atrocity), Gaia subsumes Ennoia (a possible way to redemption/Golconda, or just simply a way the Gangrel are ultimately eradicated) or something in between (a war between the spirit of earth and this vampiric interloper which can fall anywhere between those two extremes.) It adds an extra dimension to the larger Gehenna conflicts between the Antes themselves. .

Comment

Originally posted by InCogNito View Post
                          She's where ever she wants to be, I'm of the opinion she's torpored in somewhere that at least when she went to sleep was green and lush and full of wild life...Now if humans changed that she may just be a tinyyyy bit upset about it.

Well...they can tell the insanely powerful vampire who can eat even 4th gens whole by becoming the earth itself that they're not pleased... I'd love to see how that goes.
                          But that wouldn't stop them I imagine.

Comment

I imagine the Garou were not pleased.
                            Are they ever fucking pleased?

Comment

But that wouldn't stop them I imagine.
                              Yep but I don't think they'd be able to stop her at all unless the wyrm, weaver or wyld helped

Originally posted by Quatar View Post
                              Are they ever fucking pleased?
                              I'll let the Bishop take this one:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K7fCQlUhj0

Comment

Yeah, the Gangrel antediluvian as it appears in the Crucible of God scenario is basically a god that still sometimes concerns itself with vampire drama out of habit. Even with a more down-to-earth approach analogous to how the antediluvians during the Anarch revolt were depicted, this particular one is going to be one of the handful of most physically resilient beings on the planet, be able to shapeshift into any animal form she can conceive of, become air or the ground underfoot at will, neutralize the shapeshifting powers of any werewolves within her reach, and command all animal life for miles around at minimum. That ain't a fight that's going to work out well for anyone picking it with her.

Comment

Working...
                                X