Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloodlines 2, Vein Pursuit and the Sabbat... (potential spoilers!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murder-of-Crows View Post
    I think Karim's sentiment probably stems from the overuse of Dexterity in previous editions. It was the physical attribute that mattered most. This has been somewhat toned down already. In Bloodline 1 by the way, Firearms skill depended on the Perception attribute.

As someone playing the game, I honestly don't care one ounce about real life. V5 is abstracted enough for real life not to matter much (combat can even be compacted into one roll for each person to achieve their intent). So using Composure or Resolve together with the Firearms skill makes senes to me. The only thing as an ST I would do, is communicate this up-front during character creation. Apparently Meyer in Vein Pursuit was built with the false assumption that high Dexterity would make him a good combatant in the game. That's something that the ST should have explicitly stated that that wouldn't be the case.
    Dex is used for a lot of things, but that's because it logically applies to a lot of things that require fine manipulation. I agree things are an abstraction of real life in the game, but let's keep in mind it is an abstraction of real life. Dex+Firearms just makes sense to hit things. Composure should be used in situations or to keep your cool and social characters have their own battlegrounds that aren't gun fights. If you're a social character getting into gun fights, you're doing it wrong and that's what your underlings are for. Get some henchmen to do your dirty work and don't soil your own hands with low bloodshed and criminal work.

I don't think anything's been decided with the Tzimisce and Vicissitude as Protean, yet. The switch to Protean as a Clan Discipline seems to be just speculation at this point. It's most likely right that it'll be just be a subset of Protean powers, but I don't think anything concrete's been said about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrHappyAngry View Post
      Composure should be used in situations or to keep your cool and social characters have their own battlegrounds that aren't gun fights. If you're a social character getting into gun fights, you're doing it wrong and that's what your underlings are for. Get some henchmen to do your dirty work and don't soil your own hands with low bloodshed and criminal work.
      I am following the rulebook, so I think I am doing it just fine Composure is mentioned as an attribute, so obviously I am doing it by the book. You are of course free to use different rulings in your game. I just don't agree with your interpretation of the game. Abstracting real life can be done in any way an ST wants. All I maintain is that the ST should inform the players before/at character creation.

Originally posted by DrHappyAngry View Post
      I don't think anything's been decided with the Tzimisce and Vicissitude as Protean, yet. The switch to Protean as a Clan Discipline seems to be just speculation at this point. It's most likely right that it'll be just be a subset of Protean powers, but I don't think anything concrete's been said about it.
      There have been strong indicators that Vicissitude will be Protean amalgams in V5. But yes, nothing is official at this point.

Comment

so afaik we start as thinblood and gain a clan later. I hope by diablerie and all its consequences cause, maybe i lack the knowledge, but afaik thats the only real way to improve your generation (assamites aside and possibly some tremere thaumaturgy)

cause what is bothering me most here is that i dont see how a thinblood can get actual clan status. Also thinblood doesnt really feel kainite / vampire at all given they can potentially walk during the day and may still have mortal urges.

that said i think it would be much cooler to stay a thinblood and get a blank character sheet that allows you to get all disciplines at a higher than normal cost (between clan and non clan) like a real thinblood allowing you to customise your character completly and unlock disciplines by teachers or diablerie

OR go redemption route, start as human, then ghoul, then get a clan. id be up for that too

Comment

Originally posted by Orkar View Post
          so afaik we start as thinblood and gain a clan later. I hope by diablerie and all its consequences cause, maybe i lack the knowledge, but afaik thats the only real way to improve your generation (assamites aside and possibly some tremere thaumaturgy)

cause what is bothering me most here is that i dont see how a thinblood can get actual clan status. Also thinblood doesnt really feel kainite / vampire at all given they can potentially walk during the day and may still have mortal urges.

that said i think it would be much cooler to stay a thinblood and get a blank character sheet that allows you to get all disciplines at a higher than normal cost (between clan and non clan) like a real thinblood allowing you to customise your character completly and unlock disciplines by teachers or diablerie

OR go redemption route, start as human, then ghoul, then get a clan. id be up for that too

Bloodlines 2 uses V5's setting, and one of the things about Thin Bloods is they become a full vampire, of the 13th Generation, of whatever clan they diablerize. So that's the most likely option if they stick with the established V5 lore.

Comment

Originally posted by elmerg View Post
            Bloodlines 2 uses V5's setting, and one of the things about Thin Bloods is they become a full vampire, of the 13th Generation, of whatever clan they diablerize. So that's the most likely option if they stick with the established V5 lore.
            Ok but...wouldnt that kinda ruin the game at start? I mean you are then a known diablerist (with the veins in your aura) and should immediately be shunned if not hunted down by kindred society. Kinda making any interaction with kainite NPCs impossible, youd be on the run throughout the game...which you also may be from start given the reputation of thinbloods

Comment

Ok but...wouldnt that kinda ruin the game at start? I mean you are then a known diablerist (with the veins in your aura) and should immediately be shunned if not hunted down by kindred society. Kinda making any interaction with kainite NPCs impossible, youd be on the run throughout the game...which you also may be from start given the reputation of thinbloods
              While it’s true diablerie is one if not the most grievous crime a vampire might commit there are situations that make it acceptable. For example in a Camarilla domain diablerizing the target of a blood hunt makes the diablerie sanctioned and therefore legal. In general, having enough political support helps having the authorities turn a blind eye on a lot of bad stuff, diablerie included. I have little doubt Bloolines 2 will give a narratively appropriate reason for the thin blooded protagonist being allowed to diablerize without immediate repercussions.

Comment

Blood Hunts are acceptable forms of diablerie.

It's in the name.

Mind you, I've had games where people act like diablerie during Blood Hunts is also heinous. It's really up to their ST.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

As others have said, there are ways that diablerie becomes legal to do. V5 also makes a point to note that the Camarilla often dangles this prospect of becoming a 'full vampire' in front of useful Thin-Bloods as a carrot to get them to do things for the Camarilla. Sanctioned diablerie happens, it's just more rare than not.

Comment

Originally posted by elmerg View Post
                    As others have said, there are ways that diablerie becomes legal to do. V5 also makes a point to note that the Camarilla often dangles this prospect of becoming a 'full vampire' in front of useful Thin-Bloods as a carrot to get them to do things for the Camarilla. Sanctioned diablerie happens, it's just more rare than not.
                    Besides, if you're a diablerist Thin Blood then you're probably someone that they'd only want as a weapon anyway.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Working...
                    X