[V20] Only Premium Hardcover available on Drivethrurpg for V20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [V20] Only Premium Hardcover available on Drivethrurpg for V20

There are no other print options available like B&W or standard anymore for the core book. Many comments asking why and one notion it’s to push people to V5. Anyone know why they removed the other print options?

What is wrong with Premium Hardcover?

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
    First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
    Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Koronus View Post
      What is wrong with Premium Hardcover?
      Nothing other than the price for some people.

Comment

They got the faux-leather ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Trollroot View Post
          They got the faux-leather ones?
          nah that’s the deluxe one and it seems only ebay has that one. The premium one is the pod version with better color and thicker paper.

Comment

I think V20 was always meant to be a collector’s edition more than an actual playable game.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
              I think V20 was always meant to be a collector’s edition more than an actual playable game.
              For the more expensive physical copies, yes they're for collectors, but V20's actually a really great update from the old 2nd ed/revised stuff with a little bit of streamlining and balance tweaks condensed into far fewer books than in earlier editions. I'm running games on it and prefer it to V5, which I'm not going to get into why here. At least the PDFs are reasonably cheap, but that high end V20 Dark Ages Vampire is really a beautiful book and was worth it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrHappyAngry View Post

For the more expensive physical copies, yes they're for collectors, but V20's actually a really great update from the old 2nd ed/revised stuff with a little bit of streamlining and balance tweaks condensed into far fewer books than in earlier editions. I'm running games on it and prefer it to V5, which I'm not going to get into why here. At least the PDFs are reasonably cheap, but that high end V20 Dark Ages Vampire is really a beautiful book and was worth it for me.
                Cool. I actually own the V20 PDF and I have played it. I just meant I thought originally V20 was intended for the collector’s market and only later became a playable game with like sourcebooks and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by SavageGM View Post

nah that’s the deluxe one and it seems only ebay has that one. The premium one is the pod version with better color and thicker paper.
                  Pity. I wanted one for my old Storyteller. I've tried Ebay, but it seems there are hoops before you can bid on things.

Comment

I do believe the reason is to push people to V5.

Comment

SavageGM maybe, but is that inherently a bad thing?

Also, you can still buy the PDF.

Comment

To the consumer I think it is. Some people can’t pay the price of premium and getting groups to buy their own books is already an obstacle.

Comment

Okay. I get it.

Comment

From a purely business perspective, no, it's almost completely fine. Sabotaging an old product to boost sales for the one that's currently carrying your brand image is a savvy tactic.

PDF's are the future.
                            But so is piracy.

It'd be quite interesting to see a "pay what you want" scheme for digital copies. For the scheme itself and what it tells us about the quality of products involved.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

I've seen someone mention online that it might be a temporary thing. That its cause they're currently changing the book so it no longer contains the Lasombra portrait. Allegedly the guy in that photo recently turned out to be a creep of some kind.

Comment

Working...
                              X