No announcement yet.

[V20] Only Premium Hardcover available on Drivethrurpg for V20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A RL creep playing a lasombra is not a problem. I'm more bothered by the lasombra illustration on the clan page. That sideboob is nightmare fuel.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
      A RL creep playing a lasombra is not a problem. I'm more bothered by the lasombra illustration on the clan page. That sideboob is nightmare fuel.
      Meh, the sideboob's not that big a deal, nothing you couldn't see on cable even back in the '90s, Vampire's always had some level of erotic art and some of the material's been graphic or shown full frontal (Remember the back cover of the original clanbook Tzimisce?). I've got more of a dislike for the art style that's been permeated in Revised and V20. The V20 Dark Ages art style is much more serious and less cartoony. As a fan of the old 2nd ed art, the V20 Dark Ages style really appeals to me a lot more than the modern setting V20 stuff. The artist being a creep's really a bigger deal, but I don't know the whole story behind that. I'm not a fan of the photo art from V5, either. For me, the old school 2nd ed stuff had the best art, even if most of it was black and white. It was more realistic and visceral. And if I had an IRL creep in my group, I'd tell them not to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by DrHappyAngry View Post

Meh, the sideboob's not that big a deal, nothing you couldn't see on cable even back in the '90s, Vampire's always had some level of erotic art and some of the material's been graphic or shown full frontal (Remember the back cover of the original clanbook Tzimisce?). I've got more of a dislike for the art style that's been permeated in Revised and V20. The V20 Dark Ages art style is much more serious and less cartoony. As a fan of the old 2nd ed art, the V20 Dark Ages style really appeals to me a lot more than the modern setting V20 stuff. The artist being a creep's really a bigger deal, but I don't know the whole story behind that. I'm not a fan of the photo art from V5, either. For me, the old school 2nd ed stuff had the best art, even if most of it was black and white. It was more realistic and visceral. And if I had an IRL creep in my group, I'd tell them not to come back.
        I agree with you about the creep. And I liked the art in Fall of London.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post

I agree with you about the creep. And I liked the art in Fall of London.
          I actually still haven't seen it, what's the style like?

Comment

Very old-school Gothic. Lots of rose and chalice imagery, lots of red and black (blood and shadows). Some cool club scenes. The character portraits are very moody and atmospheric. Really captures the feel of V5.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

A cheaper version is available again: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ersary-Edition

Comment

It seems that the Standard edition is still not made available again. Luckily for me, I managed to get one along with the whole V20 line when I dropped $442.80 in a single, one day purchase two years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Malkavian87 View Post
                  I've seen someone mention online that it might be a temporary thing. That its cause they're currently changing the book so it no longer contains the Lasombra portrait. Allegedly the guy in that photo recently turned out to be a creep of some kind.

This is true and it is why the books were pulled and various art and some context is being replaced before they will be available for reprint. Apparently the guy was a real creep. Onyx path is responding very seriously and responsibly supporting the ongoing fight to ride the world of people like that and they should be commended for it, but it does present a challenge to get the book.

On the bright side there will be new art for a updated V20 book so that's kind of cool if you think about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X