Some questions - input and critique needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions - input and critique needed

So i started a hyborean age setting crossover (we discussed that about a year ago or 2 here) so its actually set preflood so the antedeluvians are all around as well as kain and 2nd generation.

Now i thought - who says there have only been 4 second gen vampires? afaik we know there was more than 13 of the third generation but many didnt make it.

So why not create a clan, with its own set of disciplines to give the players new and interesting encounters?

my idea was to have a (hyborean age setting) clan called the "Ymirjar" consisting of the giants based north of nordheim / hyperborea (which also may have hyperboreans in it)
    the idea is that the hyperboreans are ell known for very powerfull witches and witchcraft (white Hand) necromancy, mind manipulation and ofc they could be mages. but what if its an actual clan based on ice cold and death?

Id make Ymir a legendary 2nd generation vampire (a giant) and Bori the 3rd gen progenitor (fahter of odin kidna goes toegether with the same name 4th gen gangrel)
    my idea was to give them 2 existing disciplines and a new third one. maybe even make it 2 clans. Now to the Hand fitting would be necromancy, dominate and some magical ice one, for the giants potence, fortitude and an icebased one.

Clan weakness could be a penatly to physical attributes if your body temperature (and thus for vampires room temperature) raises above 30°C or the need to rest in snow (similiar to tzimisce weakness) or you can only gain nourishment from frozen blood that you have to eat (kinda in between ventrue and nagaraja weakness) or a "giveaway" like a chilling aura that freezes nearby liquids

My idea was an ice based discipline similiar to existing thaumaturgical paths

Kryonis

* Freeze: water (and blood) by spending X bloodpoints you can turn X ammount of water into solid ice to say walk across a lake, or chill the blood of an opponent by touch reducing his actions / round. Cancelling Celerity / werewolf rage forcing those to move at normal speed
    ** Frozen weapon: by cutting yourself with a blade you may use your blood to create a sharp layer of vitae ice on the weapon allowing it to cause aggravated damage +1 lethal damage in addition
    *** Icebolt: Similiar to the video game "blood strike" ability condense water from the air, freeze it to an icicle and throw it causing aggravated damage (but not returning blood ofc)
    **** Iceshield: similiar to bloodhsield with the difference, that the blood freezes. maybe additional soak against lethal damage and reduced soak against bashing damage
    ***** Deep Freeze: Deep Freeze an opponent if they fail to resist (roll against strength? Stamina?) rendering them unable to do anything until they unfreeze. If the resist succeeds, targets still take half of the original success rolls as aggravated damage
    ****** Hailstorm: Summon a sturm of ice that does X damage (blunt or aggravated?) to an area, destrying cars and the like as well
    ******* Avalanche: Summon a huge avalanche of ice cold snow to burry an area (could also be used to create a save resting spot to escape the sun)
    ******** Boris Breath: Freezes the target in time, shielding them from any source of damage but also rendering unable to do anything until the spell is lifted at will or time limit per success - one minute, hour, day, week, year, decade, century, millenium
    ********* Ymirs Scream: Causes ice age like conditions in a big area (city maybe) chilling the temperature to -50°C (thus rendering most technology useless, that wasnt built for arctic conditions) causing snow up to the hips impedeing movement, solid freezing sources of water and any living creature has to win a roll against the user to not be frozen (like deep freeze) might kill mortal creatures by causing 1 point of bashing damage / 10 minutes (frostbite)
    ********** Invoke the ancient ice: temporarely lower your generation to 3rd, at the cost of suffering 1 point of aggravated (frost) damage per hour and reducing your movement speed. (cancels celerity effects) Become immune to fire, and gain +3 stamina and strength. Sunlight will be reflected off your skin, granting you immunity. Causes you to look like a frozen corpse / icelayer reducing your soak against bashing damage by 3 but increasing soak against lethal by 3

For the fun of it, vampires having more than 3 dfots in this ability dont turn to ash on death but rather snow powder that disperses in the wind or melts to a little puddle
    Gouhls of either of those 2 clans become highly resistant to the effects of cold and frost

what do you think? o you have ideas on what to change, other powers to add?
    have i forgotten something?
    Last edited by Orkar; 08-03-2020, 02:57 PM.

so no thoughts on the clan or bloodline? i never did that before^^

Comment

really i dont even need an elaborate paper on how many rules i violated though it would be appreciated ofc. an oppinion is enough

that said i already figured a 2 dot discipline turning your weapon into aggravated damage is too op for 2 dots. the valaeren equivalent that inspired this is a 7 dot disciplne and only turns half the damage into aggravated.

and an entire city for ymirs scream seems also too big a target so maybe i shuld change that to a block instead or base the area on succeses like room - house - street - block - disctrict - city or something

Comment

Very cool! Keep going!

Comment

Personally, I don't identify enough with your setting to be able to offer very much constructive criticism. However, I do think that this new Discipline is pretty OP, since getting what is essentially Dagons Call at lvl 2 is pretty broken. I would add that Idk of any canon powers that give you agg damage as a ranged attack, other than Lure of Flames, which likely adds to the OPness

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherCaitiff View Post
            Personally, I don't identify enough with your setting to be able to offer very much constructive criticism. However, I do think that this new Discipline is pretty OP, since getting what is essentially Dagons Call at lvl 2 is pretty broken. I would add that Idk of any canon powers that give you agg damage as a ranged attack, other than Lure of Flames, which likely adds to the OPness
            ths i shall change icebolt to lethal then =) and the lvl 2 power was inspired by a 7 dot valeren discipline so i should move that down the line.

Or ill just make it +1 aggravated damage to the weapon and no other changes. would that still be OP?
            Last edited by Orkar; 08-09-2020, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X