No announcement yet.

My problem with necromancers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

putting myself in a neonate/ancillae's shoes, These are the antes I'd believe dead :
    OG brujah (probably)
    Set (probably)
    Saulot
    Cappa
    I'd probably believe in Augustus if it were reported. And I'd suspect Tremere dead given his silence.

The others have pretty big causes to be suspicious.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

Would those bloodlines be prone to one sect over the other in your hypothetical scenario? Like, the Samedi joining up with the Sabbat, both because the Harbingers are already there and the Serpents of Light share roots with them, for example, and the Bankers are pushed towards the Camarilla? Or more of a completely individualistic approach?

Comment

Nah, everyone goes to different major sects. Perhaps as mercenaries, perhaps as loyal members.

With the harbringers, there are a few thoughts to work them out:
        They didn't particularly care about other capadocians; it was a very lose clan. Their vengefull streak is more to do with their reduction in status from a high-clan to a deformed bloodline; cleopatra syndrome abounds. Many Harbringers likely would have fallen in Sabbat monomancy when the sect realised many of them were old and powerful. The Bankers mostly got their due, and going after them any more hurts the position of all necromancy bloodlines.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
          putting myself in a neonate/ancillae's shoes, These are the antes I'd believe dead :
          OG brujah (probably)
          Set (probably)
          Saulot
          Cappa
          I'd probably believe in Augustus if it were reported. And I'd suspect Tremere dead given his silence.

The others have pretty big causes to be suspicious.
          The average neonate/ancilla doesn’t even know about antediluvians in general. Naming those who are more likely to be dead is something dedicated noddists debate.

Comment

Nonsense, give them an hour or so to discuss the subject with the right person and they'll be coming up with theories on their own. They have a hundred years to get in a good conversation. Even in the Camarilla, this isn't especially difficult so long as you frame the subject from a secular angle as a religious hypothetical with a good degree of deniability (also discuss a Setite creation myth, that's a fun one) It only becomes a problem when you start quoting from the book in earnest and proclaim the end times are coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel44 View Post

If you would give Necromancy to the Brujah, what forth in-clan discipline would you give to the Gangrel?
              I gave them something called Sharusin. It's a "hunters" discipline focusing on movement and tracking. They share it with the Lasombra.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                Nonsense, give them an hour or so to discuss the subject with the right person and they'll be coming up with theories on their own. They have a hundred years to get in a good conversation. Even in the Camarilla, this isn't especially difficult so long as you frame the subject from a secular angle as a religious hypothetical with a good degree of deniability (also discuss a Setite creation myth, that's a fun one) It only becomes a problem when you start quoting from the book in earnest and proclaim the end times are coming.
                Again, noddist studies are not widespread at all. Most contemporary vampires don't know and don't care about the antediluvians and don't have the time or the inclination to find out or focus themselves on quasi mythical stuff. They are too busy surviving and/or plotting, and with the so called "Gehenna craze". You are of course entitled to believe the contrary but it's simply not how things are presented in VtM lore.

Comment

Working...
                X