Bloodlines 2 delayed to 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dwight View Post

Not really unless they are doing a massive rewrite, which would probably delay it into 2022.

You could change the entire meaning of a story with just one scene.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Big delay after delay and top figures being fired in the middle of the development.
      What could go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post
        Big delay after delay and top figures being fired in the middle of the development.
        What could go wrong?
        It's been effectively confirmed that Brian was fired because of the delays. He wanted to make the game perfect.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Actually there Is still no statement about what lead to the firing of Mitsoda. Paradox didn't said anything about It. They just said on their discord that this Is not an "Avellone situation".

Mitsoda claims that he has nothing to do with the delay and that he has been fired abruptly.

. That this came as a shock to me is underselling it. I’ve worked on Bloodlines 2 for almost five years. The story and main cast was initially conceived in my living room. I helped develop the pitch for Hardsuit Labs and helped pitch the project to Paradox in Las Vegas. I’ve been in charge of the narrative since the beginning, working long days and sometimes weekends to deliver a successor to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, and I’ve never been led to believe that I hadn’t succeeded. Very obviously, I have also been involved in the PR and marketing side of things, even though it was one of the most difficult parts for me. I’m a pretty private person – press and crowds tend to heavily trigger my social anxiety (which, if you’ve ever wondered about the gloves, they are “armor” that make me feel less exposed in situations that trigger my anxiety).
          .I was not part of the conversations that led to the decision to delay production, and to my knowledge, there were no delays caused by the Bloodlines 2 narrative development. I am confident and proud of the work that I and my team put forward. When that work will be seen and what form it will take is unknown to me.
          The mood on Paradox forum Is pretty bleak
          https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...nes-2.1412115/
          Last edited by Undead rabbit; 08-19-2020, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
            It's been effectively confirmed that Brian was fired because of the delays. He wanted to make the game perfect.
            He was? Source plz.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
              He was? Source plz.
              A friend of mine who works there.

But here's Brian's speech on it:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/202...-bloodlines-2/
              “Until recently, I was the Narrative Lead on a videogame called Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 for Hardsuit Labs, Inc being published by Paradox Interactive (which owns 30% of Hardsuit Labs). After almost five years involvement with the studio, I was suddenly terminated on 7/16/20.

That this came as a shock to me is underselling it. I’ve worked on Bloodlines 2 for almost five years. The story and main cast was initially conceived in my living room. I helped develop the pitch for Hardsuit Labs and helped pitch the project to Paradox in Las Vegas. I’ve been in charge of the narrative since the beginning, working long days and sometimes weekends to deliver a successor to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, and I’ve never been led to believe that I hadn’t succeeded. Very obviously, I have also been involved in the PR and marketing side of things, even though it was one of the most difficult parts for me. I’m a pretty private person – press and crowds tend to heavily trigger my social anxiety (which, if you’ve ever wondered about the gloves, they are “armor” that make me feel less exposed in situations that trigger my anxiety).

Bloodlines and the fandom of the game mean the world to me. So I lent my legacy with the franchise, my name, and my participation in marketing efforts for the game, even when it was intensely difficult and took a mental and physical toll. This is all because I wanted to do what was best for the game and the team.

The pride in the work, the fan expectations, and the support from co-workers who started out as fans kept me going through this long five years. And I’m incredibly disappointed and frustrated to say that this is where it ends for me on the project.

I was not part of the conversations that led to the decision to delay production, and to my knowledge, there were no delays caused by the Bloodlines 2 narrative development. I am confident and proud of the work that I and my team put forward. When that work will be seen and what form it will take is unknown to me.

It was a pleasure to work on this game and with many people at Hardsuit Labs and Paradox and I’m sorry I won’t be able to see it to the end. I spent years on some of the best characters and dialogue that I ever wrote. It’s meant a lot to hear from the Bloodlines community and I do hope that what’s finally delivered is as satisfying as I intended it to be. Thanks to all of you who supported me throughout the project.”

I bolded the part where Brian basically says why he was terminated and why he thinks it's unfair.
              Last edited by CTPhipps; 08-20-2020, 12:01 AM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

They probably fired him so they can make changes that they'd know Brian would disagree with. It also aligns with why they have delayed it so they can have time to enable the changes they wish to input. Mitsoba is brilliant and its a massive loss that he has been shafted.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post
                  They probably fired him so they can make changes that they'd know Brian would disagree with. It also aligns with why they have delayed it so they can have time to enable the changes they wish to input. Mitsoba is brilliant and its a massive loss that he has been shafted.
                  Agreed.

Lets hope they add a bunch of Witcher-esque nudity and sex scenes!

(sees "Bloodlines is a Sexist game" thread)

I apologize for nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post
                    I find it extremely unbelievable. If that was the case, they wouldn't hire a consulting company to finish the game. Hiring a consulting company is more consistent with "Mitsoda borked the project and we need someone to make a functional game out of the pieces we have as quickly as possible."
                    Either way, I got my refund from Steam.

Comment

But like, what, is it going to be more edgy, less edgy, optimistic, pessimistic? Was the man trying to spread communism or conservatism?

Thusfar, the game trailers have failed to impress and the news I've heard sounds mostly bad to me. So, maybe they might be completely right to axe the guy. I guess we'll only know when the game comes out and the staff start talking.

Comment

I didnt expect anything and yet paradox manages to disappoint me.
                        Last edited by Leandro16; 08-20-2020, 08:10 AM.

https://www.deviantart.com/cicerondixit/gallery

Comment

V5's rules feel like a LARP game given to tabletop.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                            V5's rules feel like a LARP game given to tabletop.
                            More like an online game , paradox is a videogame company and it think they wanted to recicle stuff from the cancelled MMORPG without realizing that it is a different media.

Heck I suspect that all the bad design choices from V5 come from a Paradox executive who wants Vampire to be something that it isnt and when thing don´t work blames the subordinates firing them (But it is just a theory , a game theory!)

https://www.deviantart.com/cicerondixit/gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post

More like an online game , paradox is a videogame company and it think they wanted to recicle stuff from the cancelled MMORPG without realizing that it is a different media.

Heck I suspect that all the bad design choices from V5 come from a Paradox executive who wants Vampire to be something that it isnt and when thing don´t work blames the subordinates firing them (But it is just a theory , a game theory!)

V5's rules were developed entirely by Kenneth Hite. He's a very indie style developer. One of the biggest GURPS guys, and also did a lot of work with Gumshoe. "Night's Black Agents" a game about fighting Vampires as secret agents is his baby, and also the reason why he was probably hired to do V5... having already made a game about conspiriacies and vampires.

He's also stated he hates Vampires as player characters and thinks they should always be Villains. Which is why he was probably not the right guy to design the in-house system.

The other big designer who was also responsible for most of the setting changes however, IS a big Larper in the European LARP scene... and well, that's why V5 seems more like a LARP than a tabletop game.

Comment

V20 disciplines would work way better on a computer game due to their simplicity (V5 dominate, being very dumbed down, might be the exception to this rule) There's less to code, less UI to implement, you don't need to stretch as much to get it all on your keyboard, less to balance...

Much of V5's disciplines seem to have the limitations of larp in mind: physical disciplines are very specific rather than broadly applicable because you want to use them as little as possible to suspend disbelief for longer and when they are active they need to be quick and you need to make clear cut moves that skirt around a LARPer's actual physical ability, Dominate is nerfed because abusing it in LARP is mean to real life people...

VTM:B, Celerity had it's best representation because slowing down time is something really simple to simulate in a single player computer game and really, really difficult to get right in a turn based dice game. Potence didn't let you super-jump, but was likewise simple. The big problem with VTM:B disciplines was that you had too many active powers to cycle through; Brujah were the most simple and they had four powers to roll through. Making some passive or bound to a certain key would've worked better. (Making some disciplines more faithful would've been good too but I recognize that the game had it's constraints and didn't even meet those )

Comment

Working...
                                X