Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloodlines 2 delayed to 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Kammerer View Post

    I find it extremely unbelievable. If that was the case, they wouldn't hire a consulting company to finish the game. Hiring a consulting company is more consistent with "Mitsoda borked the project and we need someone to make a functional game out of the pieces we have as quickly as possible."
    Either way, I got my refund from Steam.
    Mitsoda still encourages people to play it.

    And, I'm not an insider or anything, but again am a friend with a worker there.

    Mitsoda was fired because the bosses want the game out now and hate all the delays. They're not changing anything about the narrative.


    Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

    Comment


    • #77
      The Mitsoda thing Is backfiring like hell on every platform. Paradox forums are on fire, just like Reddit.

      https://www.reddit.com/r/vtmb/commen...brian_mitsoda/

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
        I apologize for nothing!
        [joking]Someone should report you to that moderator guy! Oh.. wait. You are that moderator guy. Then... someone should report you to you! [/joking]

        I thought the delay was mostly to avoid releasing Bloodlines2 around the time Cyberpunk 2020 is also released. On the other hand, problems and delays (and mounting costs) with the first Bloodlines helped kill Troika Games. I'm not normally on the side of the men in business suits, but in this case they might be trying to avoid a repeat of past errors.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

          [joking]Someone should report you to that moderator guy! Oh.. wait. You are that moderator guy. Then... someone should report you to you! [/joking]

          I thought the delay was mostly to avoid releasing Bloodlines2 around the time Cyberpunk 2020 is also released. On the other hand, problems and delays (and mounting costs) with the first Bloodlines helped kill Troika Games. I'm not normally on the side of the men in business suits, but in this case they might be trying to avoid a repeat of past errors.
          Yes, he flat out says its ridiculous to fire him for the delays.


          Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

            Yes, he flat out says its ridiculous to fire him for the delays.
            There is some logic behind it, either you release it now and people buy it before cyberpunk or halo comes out or you have to wait at least four months after cyberpunk or halo comes out before people will be in the market for a new game.

            Since they aren't making any money not releasing it....


            You've been playing around the magic that is black
            But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Dwight View Post
              Since they aren't making any money not releasing it....
              And, in theory, the pandemic is leaving people at home with time on their hands...

              That said. I don't think changing the release date again should require firing people.

              Comment


              • #82
                They also replaced him with a guy from Ubisoft.

                Not a great PR move right now.


                Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                  They also replaced him with a guy from Ubisoft.

                  Not a great PR move right now.
                  For the record, "they replaced Ka'ai Cluney with a guy who worked at Ubisoft 10 years ago on the games like Assassin's Creed 1 and Prince of Persia Two Thrones".

                  Alexandre Mandryka's history isn't a celebrity showcase, but he seems like a solid workman guy. He's replacing the Creative Director, not Narrative Director. Which unfortunately leaves Cara Ellison in the writing role... Ugh.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Kammerer View Post

                    For the record, "they replaced Ka'ai Cluney with a guy who worked at Ubisoft 10 years ago on the games like Assassin's Creed 1 and Prince of Persia Two Thrones".

                    Alexandre Mandryka's history isn't a celebrity showcase, but he seems like a solid workman guy. He's replacing the Creative Director, not Narrative Director. Which unfortunately leaves Cara Ellison in the writing role... Ugh.
                    I love Cara Ellison but the writing and narrative section of the game is over. Which makes the firing all the more weird. Nothing new is going to be added creatively.

                    This is the, "Can we make the jackets not fly into the character's brains during combat" section of game development.


                    Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                      I love Cara Ellison but the writing and narrative section of the game is over. Which makes the firing all the more weird. Nothing new is going to be added creatively.

                      This is the, "Can we make the jackets not fly into the character's brains during combat" section of game development.
                      Cara Ellison is the person who got Hotline Miami 2 banned in Australia, and whose career to me reads like a clique promotion (game journo then Dishonored 2 consultant then lead writer???), so unfortunately I can not share your optimism.

                      That said, Narrative Director does much more than writing. It's a large role that encompases everything related to the narrative - even things like the placement of the NPCs and quest items. So a narrative director having stuff to do late in development is far from surprising.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Kammerer View Post

                        Cara Ellison is the person who got Hotline Miami 2 banned in Australia, and whose career to me reads like a clique promotion (game journo then Dishonored 2 consultant then lead writer???), so unfortunately I can not share your optimism.

                        That said, Narrative Director does much more than writing. It's a large role that encompases everything related to the narrative - even things like the placement of the NPCs and quest items. So a narrative director having stuff to do late in development is far from surprising.
                        Seriously, Dishonored 2 is awesome. One of the funnest games I ever played.


                        Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Sounds like the game wasn't pc.


                          Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Also, Cara Ellison loved Hotline Miami 2.

                            And isn't on the certification board so that's stupid.

                            https://www.pcgamer.com/hotline-miami-2-wrong-number-1/


                            Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              And her essay on the lack of sexism in the game business is pure irony.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                I canceled my pre-order. I may or may not get the finished product depending, but I wanted to send a message that I was not happy about this.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X