Bloodlines 2 delayed to 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
    Also, Cara Ellison loved Hotline Miami 2.

And isn't on the certification board so that's stupid.

https://www.pcgamer.com/hotline-miami-2-wrong-number-1/

That and Hotline Miami 2 is one of the greatest indie games ever, it just took Hotline Miami 1 and added more and made it better.

Comment

I don't pre order games ever so....this development honestly changes nothing for me. I was always going to wait for release and check reviews before making a purchasing decision.

See you all on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
        Sounds like the game wasn't pc.
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Brian Mitsoba quite "PC" himself?

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Given the brazen depictions of pretty much everybody in Bloodlines 1, I'd say no.

*Asians with swords burst from the walls*

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

I heard about the firing and the delays. Part of me is surprised, part of me is not. Not that it matters to me in the end since I was moving to cancel my pre-order anyway on account of not being able to play the game as it was set up.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
              Given the brazen depictions of pretty much everybody in Bloodlines 1, I'd say no.

*Asians with swords burst from the walls*

I don't see how that makes him non-PC. I don't see the questionability for the foot-soldiers of Kuei-Jin to use some form of old time weaponry since we're talking about a universe being long-lived entities.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post

There is some logic behind it, either you release it now and people buy it before cyberpunk or halo comes out or you have to wait at least four months after cyberpunk or halo comes out before people will be in the market for a new game.

Since they aren't making any money not releasing it....
                Well, on August 11th they announced that Bloodlines 2 is being delayed til 2021, and the GOG page for it says September 2021...

Either way, if the firing was seriously about delays, somebody didn't learn from Bloodlines 1. On the other hand, it's delayed again, so..
                ..this is just confusing overall.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
                cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
                EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post

Well, on August 11th they announced that Bloodlines 2 is being delayed til 2021, and the GOG page for it says September 2021...

Either way, if the firing was seriously about delays, somebody didn't learn from Bloodlines 1. On the other hand, it's delayed again, so..
                  ..this is just confusing overall.
                  Better to extend the date out and release it before the expected time then have to move the date again.

You've been playing around the magic that is black
                  But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

My theory, and it's sort of a shitty one. Is that now that the writing is done, the meat and potatoes of the story, why would they need a director for the story anymore? And in a COVID world, why pay someone a wage for doing a role that isn't required anymore?

I'm trying my best to remain hopeful however that BL2 will be amazing.

Storyteller of Boston by Night on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/theonyxpath
                    Fan of WOD Since 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by MichelleCLight View Post
                      My theory, and it's sort of a shitty one. Is that now that the writing is done, the meat and potatoes of the story, why would they need a director for the story anymore? And in a COVID world, why pay someone a wage for doing a role that isn't required anymore?

I'm trying my best to remain hopeful however that BL2 will be amazing.
                      Because you want to sell DLCs and someone needs to make those DLCs.
                      Besides, a narrative director is not a writer. If they are doing anything other than pure bug fixing - they still need a narrative director or an equivalent position.

Comment

• The money you'd save on salary would be inconsequential compared to the publicity hit. Consumers and investors don't wanna hear about these kind of upsets, it makes them fear the game'll flop.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

• https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/bloodlin...t-the-project/

Well, Cara Ellison has left the project. She and Mitsoda have expressed their solidarity in being pissed off about all this.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• All I can figure is that they were under the impression they were following the, "How to Run a Successful Video Game" guide, but what they are actually following is the, "How to Run a Successful Video Game Into the Ground Before It Even Releases," guide, which doesn't seem like the kind of guide you want to be following.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
                              All I can figure is that they were under the impression they were following the, "How to Run a Successful Video Game" guide, but what they are actually following is the, "How to Run a Successful Video Game Into the Ground Before It Even Releases," guide, which doesn't seem like the kind of guide you want to be following.
                              I have a friend in Seattle who works at the studio. He said that Mitsoda was given as a sacrificial offering to the shareholders to explain why the game keeps getting delayed.

Mitsoda even mentioned that he had nothing to do with that [confirming its why he was fired] in his angry letter.

No idea why Cara Ellis is fired.

However, one thing my friend said is that the developers originally thought this would be a silly AA game and the fact it was the 2nd most wildly anticipated game of 2020 meant that it suddenly got a huge ton more expectations on it than perhaps it should have.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps
                                developers originally thought this would be a silly AA game
                                No wonder why these delays and disasters are happening. They so arrogant and unaware. Who in the world doesn't know how popular Bloodlines (the first game) has trended more and more popular over the years? Who doesn't know that Bloodlines was lauded as one of the greatest game RPGs churned out in America right next to Vegas and Baldurs gate? What type of marketing team they even have to not analyze stuff like this?

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Working...
                                X