No announcement yet.

Bloodlines 2 delayed to 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because Bloodlines wasn't really that popular. Everyone who played it loved it, once they got it to work. but few people actually played it. It was a PC exclusive in an era of console gaming, it was buggy as shit and only become playable well after the initial reviews came in, and i can't remember the marketing. Quality does not equal sales.

Also is b2 really that anticipated? The trailers failed to get my friends hyped. I feel quite pessimistic about the whole thing really.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

• Yes, but your taking into account mostly the earlier years. Since 2017-2019ish Bloodlines 1 has had an enormous trend of popularity, especially with the patches already been out for the longest that can make the game palpable. Not to mention the amazing mods for the game as well that bring in a layer of replayability.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

• Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post

No wonder why these delays and disasters are happening. They so arrogant and unaware. Who in the world doesn't know how popular Bloodlines (the first game) has trended more and more popular over the years? Who doesn't know that Bloodlines was lauded as one of the greatest game RPGs churned out in America right next to Vegas and Baldurs gate? What type of marketing team they even have to not analyze stuff like this?
        Similar to what happened to THE OUTER WORLDS where people thought it would be a Fallout killer. Mind you, I felt it had poor competition with Fallout 76.

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
        Because Bloodlines wasn't really that popular. Everyone who played it loved it, once they got it to work. but few people actually played it. It was a PC exclusive in an era of console gaming, it was buggy as shit and only become playable well after the initial reviews came in, and i can't remember the marketing. Quality does not equal sales.
        Its re-release on Steam made it one of the most successful games of that platform. It sold 500,000 copies on Valve's platform circa 2015, which doesn't sound like much but in comparison, is MANY TIMES AS MUCH as it sold in its initial release (72,000). It's also continued selling these past five years in similar amounts. This is also for a computer exclusive with no Xbox or Playstation support.

Bloodlines is pretty much the definition of a cult classic.

Also is b2 really that anticipated? The trailers failed to get my friends hyped. I feel quite pessimistic about the whole thing really.
        Personally, I think it's going to be the best game of 2021 after Cyberpunk 2077. There's not much competition for edgy adult roleplaying games these days.
        Last edited by CTPhipps; 10-21-2020, 07:09 AM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
          Personally, I think it's going to be the best game of 2021 after Cyberpunk 2077. There's not much competition for edgy adult roleplaying games these days.
          there's baldur's gate 3

right now, I'm more hyped for BG 3 than cyberpunk or bloodlines 2 (cause my poor laptop probably ain't gonna be able to run cyberpunk)

-

Comment

Except that Cyberpunk releases in 2020
            And I have to disagree with the second statement. Last year we've had Disco Elysium, which is easily the best game ever made, and Pathologic 2 which is pretty up there. This year come Cyberpunk, Baldur's Gate 3, Yakuza 7, and Wasteland 3. Next year we'll have Nier Replicant remake, Shin Megami Tensei 5 and who knows what else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kammerer View Post

Except that Cyberpunk releases in 2020
              And I have to disagree with the second statement. Last year we've had Disco Elysium, which is easily the best game ever made, and Pathologic 2 which is pretty up there. This year come Cyberpunk, Baldur's Gate 3, Yakuza 7, and Wasteland 3. Next year we'll have Nier Replicant remake, Shin Megami Tensei 5 and who knows what else.
              Let's just have some disagreements there.

Yakuza spoilers:

HOW DARE YOU DISSOLVE THE TOJO CLAN!

I will say that I am absolutely ecstastic about what they've shown with Bloodlines 2 already, though. I love the Blood Trade plotline, being a Thin Blood, the characters shown so far, and the fact that there's a complicated political situation between the Pioneers, Tremere, The Baron, and Prince Cross' Camarilla. I can't wait to meet Damsel and find out what she's doing to serve the Anarch cause in Seattle. Vein Pursuit and Night Road gave some pretty interesting hints as to what is going on in the setting.

I think they missed some marks like the fact there's going to be no romances in-game and they could have pushed a few more envelopes but this really is a game I'm a big fan of. I also don't mind the cartoonish stylized "Borderlands" artwork since I think that will age better than most graphics. I admit that I'm going to be playing this on consoles, though, rather than computers. I buy laptops for my writing and work.
              Last edited by CTPhipps; 10-21-2020, 08:27 AM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Jesus fuck man. 'No romances' is a problem for you? Actual genuine love far, far too difficult to pull off in a game, and I don't really like the route B1 took with its conquests . Romantically as a Vampire I need the following:

-The ability to seduce tasty looking mortals.
                -absolute bromances with my sire and a few good piers (or the sister equivelent...)
                -slavish devotion from blood bound ghouls that gets f'ing scary if you don't manage them well.

-An attractive companion to make me look successful and tasteful may be desired in some circumstances, but not for romance.
                -romancing someone just to rekindle a connection with humanity is an option.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                  Jesus fuck man. 'No romances' is a problem for you? Actual genuine love far, far too difficult to pull off in a game, and I don't really like the route B1 took with its conquests . Romantically as a Vampire I need the following:

-The ability to seduce tasty looking mortals.
                  -absolute bromances with my sire and a few good piers (or the sister equivelent...)
                  -slavish devotion from blood bound ghouls that gets f'ing scary if you don't manage them well.

-An attractive companion to make me look successful and tasteful may be desired in some circumstances, but not for romance.
                  -romancing someone just to rekindle a connection with humanity is an option.
                  I love the options in Bioware and they're some of my favorite elements when the romance is done well. I also am entirely open to horrible tragedy.

Bwhahaha.

Probably my all time favorite romances are the ones in ALPHA PROTOCOL where you can romance multiple women and the endings are:

+ She's taken as a hostage by one of the villains and you have to choose between saving her versus a averting a terrorist attack. If you save her, then she can't forgive you due to the guilt that she feels for you choosing her over a bunch of innocents. You can also use her death to blackmail her father into betraying his cause.

+ You can fall in love with a beautiful NSA agent only to find that she's been using you the entire time to fight her enemies. Oh and you were burned by your agency because she framed you so she could use you as a weapon against them.

+ You can fall in love with a Lois Lane-esque reporter and it turns out she's a professional assassin who kills the President of Tawain.
                  Last edited by CTPhipps; 10-21-2020, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• -Bloodlines 1 already had the first point you want (and you already mention this, "Conquests") and it'll (most assuredly has to be or the game is bust) probably will be in Bloodlines 2.

-I don't know if the sire of the Thin-Blood will even be of any importance whatsoever considering how high-gen he/she was. Also the fact that the PC is Caitiff ontop of being Thin-blooded would signal an absence of a sire.

-Even with the few parts of information that has been dispensed about the game, we know for a fact that PC has to diablerize just to get a Clan of somesort. At best the PC by this point will be either 13th (or 14th? gen), of which it is unlikely any ghouls would be feasible at all considering how weak your blood would be. Even the ghouling process works somehow your Ghoul will be infeasibly weak because your ghoul is only as strong as the strength of your blood. Yeah your ghoul might definitely have a recurrent buzz-drive for drinking vitae, but not as strong as we see in other ghouls. I really don't understand why they thought being a thin-blood would be an enjoyable choice at all.. but I do know a certain of a few people who ironically like thin-bloods as a playable option.. for reasons I can't fanthom. Though realistically I generally suspect they are going to weave alot of the previous limitations the thin-bloods are supposed to canonically have had in gameline with the V5 doctrine.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

• Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post
                      -Even with the few parts of information that has been dispensed about the game, we know for a fact that PC has to diablerize just to get a Clan of somesort. At best the PC by this point will be either 13th (or 14th? gen), of which it is unlikely any ghouls would be feasible at all considering how weak your blood would be. Even the ghouling process works somehow your Ghoul will be infeasibly weak because your ghoul is only as strong as the strength of your blood. Yeah your ghoul might definitely have a recurrent buzz-drive for drinking vitae, but not as strong as we see in other ghouls. I really don't understand why they thought being a thin-blood would be an enjoyable choice at all.. but I do know a certain of a few people who ironically like thin-bloods as a playable option.. for reasons I can't fanthom. Though realistically I generally suspect they are going to weave alot of the previous limitations the thin-bloods are supposed to canonically have had in gameline with the V5 doctrine.
                      Once the PC has diablerised their way into a clan, there should be nothing to stop them from getting a ghoul like Heather, based on V5's rules. Thin-bloods have 0 blood potency and they're stuck with that unless they diablerise a kindred of the 13th generation or lower. 13th generation kindred have at least 1 blood potency and that's sufficient to form one blood bond. I don't know of rules that make potent kindred's ghouls stronger, but Heather wasn't exactly thowing disciplines around; she just recovered from a mortal injury. Having stronger ghouls than that or even ghouls with more mundane skills and advantages could add to the game, but I'd be surprised if many were expecting that.

Comment

• I dpubt ypu diablerise into a clan. (hey, i ate your Childe John, i get to take his place right?)

getting adopted should be a social thing. not a physical thing, unless everyone's using some wicked baali rituals...

which begs the question... what disciplines do you develop if you don't get adopted?

Comment

• Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                          I dpubt ypu diablerise into a clan. (hey, i ate your Childe John, i get to take his place right?)

getting adopted should be a social thing. not a physical thing, unless everyone's using some wicked baali rituals...

which begs the question... what disciplines do you develop if you don't get adopted?
                          Actually, I 100% think you will be given the opportunity to diablerize your way into a Clan. You can choose to be one of multiple Clans but you will do this only later in the game after starting as a Thin Blood. So, yes, you'll be given the opportunity to probably diablerize your sire as punishment for his illegal Embrace of you and become the Clan or your choice.

There's only one way to become a Clan as a Thin Blood.

Mitsoda (RIP involvement) also said you will be able to make a ghoul in the game.
                          Last edited by CTPhipps; 10-21-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Actually, I 100% think you will be given the opportunity to diablerize your way into a Clan. You can choose to be one of multiple Clans but you will do this only later in the game after starting as a Thin Blood. So, yes, you'll be given the opportunity to probably diablerize your sire as punishment for his illegal Embrace of you and become the Clan or your choice.
                            that's too much to take in, Phipps

I'd understand the sabbat/anarchs accepting a thin blood who managed to diablerize into their sect (not clan)

but the Camarilla? a Camarilla clan? of your choice?...like come on, man

you know, I wanted to be tolerant, I really did but...at this point, I'm ready to accept all the flaws of the previous editions,
                            hell, I'll apologize to the Tremere,
                            just...just give us the old camarilla back, you know, the creepy elder fascist aristocrats

-

Comment

• Originally posted by Pleiades View Post

that's too much to take in, Phipps

I'd understand the sabbat/anarchs accepting a thin blood who managed to diablerize into their sect (not clan)

but the Camarilla? a Camarilla clan? of your choice?...like come on, man

you know, I wanted to be tolerant, I really did but...at this point, I'm ready to accept all the flaws of the previous editions,
                              hell, I'll apologize to the Tremere,
                              just...just give us the old camarilla back, you know, the creepy elder fascist aristocrats
                              Um, the Camarilla has a legally sanctioned way to commit diablerie as part of their rules system.

It's called a Blood Hunt.

Diablerie is given as a reward to neonates who destroy its enemies.

It dates back to 1st Edition.

But "Clan of your Choice" isn't referring to the Player Character. You choose which Clan you will become at character creation. Then when you hunt down and diablerize your sire, you become a 13th generation Malkavian, Brujah, or whatever. Remember in 5th Edition rules that if you diablerize a vampire as a Thin Blood, you become a 13th generation member of the diablerized vampire's clan.

Comment

Um, the Camarilla has a legally sanctioned way to commit diablerie as part of their rules system.

It's called a Blood Hunt.

Diablerie is given as a reward to neonates who destroy its enemies.
                                I wasn't arguing that, the diablerie is not the problem,
                                but a thin blood stays caitiff

-

Comment

Working...
                                X