X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackshade
    replied
    Originally posted by Orphan81 View Post

Cyberpunk 2020 is not obscure in the tabletop community... As Phipps said, It's about as Obscure as Call of Cthulu, it's the father of all Cyberpunk games. Many people consider Shadowrun to be the deritivative less creative younger brother of 2020.

CDprojekt Red is beloved by the serious Gamer community, they're one of the last developers out there which don't have excessive monitization processes. No microtransactions, no crappy DLC... and the Quality of the Witcher Games speak for themselves... Witcher 3 is rightly considered one of the very best games of the last Decade, easily in the top 10, and many people's number 1 (Dark Souls is my own number 1).

The hype around Cyberpunk and the videos showing what you're going to be able to do in that game... the Freedom of choice in it... Hell, the main story can just end without you being involved, based on certain actions and descisions you make in the game...

As for Bloodlines... It too is a Triple A game, it's got a full budget behind it, it's not meant to be small, it's meant to be a big grand release. Being pushed back is par for the course and a good thing, because it means they're tweaking things further, and tightening down on it. As Miyamoto, the father of Mario has said "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad,"

oh god not another one that qoute's miyamoto. I have been reading in it every article i have seen today because halo infinite got delayed

Couldn't agree more about the points you made about cyberpunk but i don't believe bloodlines 2 is meant to be a triple a game. It's a small studio with a small budget. Let's hope they can deliver a good double a game.

Leave a comment:

• Orphan81
    replied
    Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post

Why is Cyberpunk 2077 so hyped? Isn’t based on a obscure tabletop game,

Cyberpunk 2020 is not obscure in the tabletop community... As Phipps said, It's about as Obscure as Call of Cthulu, it's the father of all Cyberpunk games. Many people consider Shadowrun to be the deritivative less creative younger brother of 2020.

CDprojekt Red is beloved by the serious Gamer community, they're one of the last developers out there which don't have excessive monitization processes. No microtransactions, no crappy DLC... and the Quality of the Witcher Games speak for themselves... Witcher 3 is rightly considered one of the very best games of the last Decade, easily in the top 10, and many people's number 1 (Dark Souls is my own number 1).

The hype around Cyberpunk and the videos showing what you're going to be able to do in that game... the Freedom of choice in it... Hell, the main story can just end without you being involved, based on certain actions and descisions you make in the game...

As for Bloodlines... It too is a Triple A game, it's got a full budget behind it, it's not meant to be small, it's meant to be a big grand release. Being pushed back is par for the course and a good thing, because it means they're tweaking things further, and tightening down on it. As Miyamoto, the father of Mario has said "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad,"

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    A smart move for Bloodlines 2 would be to use this opportunity to make more DLC.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Its not a year also, since it's been delayed to first quarter 2021.
    Probably subject to change depending on Halos revised release date

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post

The same way the Witcher games were based on an obscure Polish fantasy series (which it was save in Poland where it was the Lord of the Rings-level popular). The Witcher 3 was one of the most popular games of all time and now everyone is hyped about them trying to do the same thing with a science fiction property.

And Cyberpunk 2020 is about as obscure as "Call of Cthulhu."

It's VERY beloved in its circles.

Especially if you know Shadow Run is just, "Cyberpunk 2020 with Elves."
    Last edited by CTPhipps; 08-12-2020, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Konradleijon
    replied
    Originally posted by Orphan81 View Post
    Bloodlines 2 being delayed is a good thing. Nobody wants to compete with Cyberpunk 2077... except for Ubisoft who are being fucking dumb by releasing AC on the same day... expecting Vikings and Name recognition to overcome the most hotly anticipated Title of the last few years.

Delaying it lets them put it out with less big name competitors, and therefore helps them secure more of a profit, and to fine tune and tweak the game even more. This is nothing but a good thing for Bloodlines fans.

I know I wasn't going to be able to fine time to play Bloodlines with Cyberpunk and Persona 5 Royal, and FF7 Remake all being released in the same year... Now I know what I'm looking forward to for 2021.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by MichelleCLight View Post
    I wasn't even expecting a Bloodlines 2 to ever come out, it's been 16 years, what's another year compared to that. If it gives the devs time to polish it, make it perfect, include more content that won't be added as a DLC, why not?
    Its not a year also, since it's been delayed to first quarter 2021.

Leave a comment:

• MichelleCLight
    replied
    I wasn't even expecting a Bloodlines 2 to ever come out, it's been 16 years, what's another year compared to that. If it gives the devs time to polish it, make it perfect, include more content that won't be added as a DLC, why not?

Leave a comment:

• Orphan81
    replied
    Bloodlines 2 being delayed is a good thing. Nobody wants to compete with Cyberpunk 2077... except for Ubisoft who are being fucking dumb by releasing AC on the same day... expecting Vikings and Name recognition to overcome the most hotly anticipated Title of the last few years.

Delaying it lets them put it out with less big name competitors, and therefore helps them secure more of a profit, and to fine tune and tweak the game even more. This is nothing but a good thing for Bloodlines fans.

I know I wasn't going to be able to fine time to play Bloodlines with Cyberpunk and Persona 5 Royal, and FF7 Remake all being released in the same year... Now I know what I'm looking forward to for 2021.

Leave a comment:

• DrHappyAngry
    replied

Outer Worlds showed exactly when the money ran out, IMHO. It was right around the third planet.

Bloodlines showed it around Chinatown.
    Very true on Bloodlines. I think it was sooner with Outer Worlds, which is why every single world is recycling the same color scheme of purple and orange. I'd bet they ran out after after the first world and the first space station.

At least it doesn't seem to be the case with Bloodlines 2. You know if they had run out of money, they'd have hit release or die mode and shoved it out the door. That's why I'm still optimistic about the game.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by omenseer View Post
    I kind of view Outer Worlds as a proof of concept. I'd be interested in seeing what happens next. Although I will admit they may have done too good a job with the corporate jingles and slave culture.
    Outer Worlds showed exactly when the money ran out, IMHO. It was right around the third planet.

Bloodlines showed it around Chinatown.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    I'm alright with the delays if it gets us a better game. The original was riddled with technical flaws and required fan made patches to be worthwhile. Let's hope the added year gives them time to work out those kinds of issues.

Leave a comment:

• TyrannicalRabbit
    replied
    Not the biggest fan of needless trepidation. And given the circumstances in which America is in, I am more than comfortable waiting.

Leave a comment:

• omenseer
    replied
    I kind of view Outer Worlds as a proof of concept. I'd be interested in seeing what happens next. Although I will admit they may have done too good a job with the corporate jingles and slave culture.

Leave a comment:

• DrHappyAngry
    replied

Well it was more they didn't have any plans on it being a big and long game.

Fans just assumed it would be as big as Fallout: New Vegas or even Fallout 4.
    Oh, I know, I fully went in with the expectation there'd be maybe 30 hours of content. To ram filler into a game that short is just baffling. Tyranny was a great short game they did about the same length, but Outer Worlds is just not up to the standard of Tyranny which had so many interesting characters and such a unique setting. Combat was just dreadful, too. There's only really 2 enemies in the whole game, they're just reskinned. It felt like a generic FPS from the early 2000s. Some of the planets were literally just an intersection of 2 streets, others were just row after row of empty buildings you couldn't enter and dead faced stiff NPCs. I wish I could blame Microsoft for this, but the game was mostly done by the time they bought Obsidian.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X